Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Document certification in the Republic Of Ireland

Wikiposts

Document certification in the Republic Of Ireland

Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough
Default Document certification in the Republic Of Ireland

Hi,

Does anybody have a list of who can certify copies of original documents in the Republic Of Ireland?

Also is it better to do it all in one batch i.e. cover the Skills assessment & Visa application or wait till I get a positive skills assessment and then certify documents for my visa application?

According to the Garda webisite my local station can cover the police check, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for the help, these are pretty much the only gray areas so far, no doubt others will pop up

Keith
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Document certification in the Republic Of Ireland

Originally Posted by Leedelta
Hi,

Does anybody have a list of who can certify copies of original documents in the Republic Of Ireland?

Also is it better to do it all in one batch i.e. cover the Skills assessment & Visa application or wait till I get a positive skills assessment and then certify documents for my visa application?

According to the Garda webisite my local station can cover the police check, is this correct?

Thanks in advance for the help, these are pretty much the only gray areas so far, no doubt others will pop up

Keith
For the skills assessment, the Gardai can do it. For the visa I think it has to be done by a solicitor or peace commissioner.

Get a form from your local Garda station for the police check and get them to send it to the superintendants office.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future

Hi

We found it handier to get everything certified at the one time (visa and skills) and if you already use a certain solicitor go to them and they probably won't charge you.

We called down to the local Garda Station and they took details and posted the Police Checks out within a few weeks...

Best of Luck
Sarah
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

We contacted our local garda station and they gave us a list of Justices of the peace in our area. Dont forget that for the visa application if documents are in colour you can just scan them in without certifying them.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough

Cheers for the info,

My father is a peace commissioner, but doesnt have any official stamp, would it be chancing my arm to get him to certify documents for the visa (just thinking out loud).

Better to play safe I suppose

Keith
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future

Cheers for the info,

My father is a peace commissioner, but doesnt have any official stamp, would it be chancing my arm to get him to certify documents for the visa (just thinking out loud).

Better to play safe I suppose

Keith
I don't think its a good idea, I work in a solicitor's office but I got a different solicitor's practice to certify all our documentation ...
Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Hi
Like someone said earlier you don't need to certify documents if you do the visa online, just scan them in colour mode on your scanner. (even if they are B+W).
For the Skill assessment there is a list on the immi website somewhere for who can certify documents. I think even your local pharmacist can do it.
I will have a look for the link.
BTW a solicitor should only charge not more than 8-10 euro for all your documents together.
Good luck.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hi Guys

Not really coming back with an answer to the question - so sorry for straying off the subject - just wondering where you're all living and where're you're all heading to ?

I'm in Wicklow and going to Melbourne.

Timeline is : app. recd. Adelaide 29.08.07 - full ack. 24.01.08 - hanging around for a co at this stage.

Had the first phase of our meds. yesterday and have to get the xrays done now.

Going to the Garda station for the pcc's tonight.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

There are a few Oirish around the site alright...

We're in Wicklow too and still undecided as to where we're going - but most likely Sydney initially.

We have our Case Officer and have sent our Meds n Police Checks...

Hopefully we will have our visa in the next few months????

Sarah
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

shannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really niceshannon9 is just really nice

Hi,

Keith
commissioner of oats or you agent if you are going through one
Old Mar 11th 2008, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

I'm in Kerry, lived in Melbourne for most of last year, so hopefully will head back there. Strangley I met very few Kerry people in Melbourne.

I spent time in Perth too but it is so quiet during the week, its like a ghost town after 6pm. Spent 1 night in Adelaide, seems like a nice spot. Sydney is cool but I didnt take to it.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

I'm in Kerry, lived in Melbourne for most of last year, so hopefully will head back there. Strangley I met very few Kerry people in Melbourne.

I spent time in Perth too but it is so quiet during the week, its like a ghost town after 6pm. Spent 1 night in Adelaide, seems like a nice spot. Sydney is cool but I didnt take to it.
Yeah we were the year in Sydney and travelled up the East Coast so want to be around there to start with anyway n see how we go.

Hoping to get the visa soon so can start making some arrangements with flights n all...

best of luck to you.