Wikiposts

do you open police checks??

Old Jul 21st 2004, 12:31 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default do you open police checks??

hi

ive sent away for my police checks to see what i have forgotten about and to know what dates etc of driving offences and fully intend to re apply hopefully if they are requested at the end of the visa process.

My question is....

Do you leave it sealed and send it on to aussie gov, or can you open it??

thanks
alk
Old Jul 21st 2004, 1:39 pm
Wiltshire UK to Perth WA

TiptonWolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: do you open police checks??

Originally posted by alkristensen
hi

ive sent away for my police checks to see what i have forgotten about and to know what dates etc of driving offences and fully intend to re apply hopefully if they are requested at the end of the visa process.

My question is....

thanks
alk
Unlike the meds, you can open it as it just arrives as a standard letter.
You will see blue bands at the top and the bottom of the letter to prove that it is official too.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:44 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by TiptonWolf
Unlike the meds, you can open it as it just arrives as a standard letter.
You will see blue bands at the top and the bottom of the letter to prove that it is official too.

Definitely as above
Old Jul 21st 2004, 8:44 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

hi

My question is....

thanks
alk
We had ours back the other day and they come in a normal envelope so you are bound to open them. They are very boring to look at and I had to question if that was what we were in fact waiting for. Like Tiptonwolf said though they come with blue bands top and bottom and say something like - we hold no records on our personal records file for you and the rest is just about data protection.

An interesting thing I was told is that you can't photocopy them it has to be the originals sent over as if they are photocopied then "FRAUD" appears ont he back of the letter - I tried this and it does....just don't ask me how!

Sasha
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by snappy
We had ours back the other day and they come in a normal envelope so you are bound to open them. They are very boring to look at and I had to question if that was what we were in fact waiting for. Like Tiptonwolf said though they come with blue bands top and bottom and say something like - we hold no records on our personal records file for you and the rest is just about data protection.

An interesting thing I was told is that you can't photocopy them it has to be the originals sent over as if they are photocopied then "FRAUD" appears ont he back of the letter - I tried this and it does....just don't ask me how!

Sasha

That sounds like magic. Does that mean you can't take a copy for your own records or am I being thick (again)?
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:38 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by moneypen20
That sounds like magic. Does that mean you can't take a copy for your own records or am I being thick (again)?
You can take a copy for your own records but you won't be able to use it for anything as the background states FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD all the way down the page. You can still read what it says though.

Sasha
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

nfernand is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by snappy
You can take a copy for your own records but you won't be able to use it for anything as the background states FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD all the way down the page. You can still read what it says though.

Sasha
I recieved mine last Tuesday and on Sat I got cought speeding at 106 on M40.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

hi there,
how long did it take for you all to receive your uk police checks back after posting
cheers

Originally posted by nfernand
I recieved mine last Tuesday and on Sat I got cought speeding at 106 on M40.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 2:52 am
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

mine was the max 40 days as it wasnt straight forwar, i had offences in 3 counties!! so it took so long, if its straight forward it can be days or weeks but not a month like mine!

hope this helps

alk
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

nfernand is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by threlly
hi there,
how long did it take for you all to receive your uk police checks back after posting
cheers
sadly 39 days but many people received within couple of wks. Only one chap received after 43 days. It is impossible contact scotland yard with regards to this matter.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:08 am
Banned

is there anyone that knows whether you can just keep sending for them every 2 weeks, as this is only £20 a month but at least you can go with the lastest copy that you recieve if you are in a rush??

thanks

alk
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:48 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

is there anyone that knows whether you can just keep sending for them every 2 weeks, as this is only £20 a month but at least you can go with the lastest copy that you recieve if you are in a rush??

thanks

alk

I believe what happens is the first time you get your PCC will begin your 12 months, after that any PCC's you request will still have the original 12month validity on them. So if you got one today it would be valid till 22/07/05 and if you got one in two weeks/two months/six months it would still be valid till 22/07/05.

So it wouldn't help your validity and I'm not sure why you would want to keep applying, because the PCC is valid for 12 months anyway??
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:57 am
Banned

[didnt know that thanks alot.

oops ive just recieved mine then as i didnt know what else they held so i wanted to check, and i recieved mine a couple of weeks ago but am just about to apply to tra, so theoretically if tra comes back in 3 months in say oct-nov then i apply and get fast tracked to say feb for visa, and they ask for my police checks and i send in the one i have just recieved, then i might only have a month or three in which to validate the visa should i be successful??

CRAZY but gulp....... could it happen like this??!!

thanks

alk
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 4:32 am
part-time Visa Angel!

[didnt know that thanks alot.

oops ive just recieved mine then as i didnt know what else they held so i wanted to check, and i recieved mine a couple of weeks ago but am just about to apply to tra, so theoretically if tra comes back in 3 months in say oct-nov then i apply and get fast tracked to say feb for visa, and they ask for my police checks and i send in the one i have just recieved, then i might only have a month or three in which to validate the visa should i be successful??

CRAZY but gulp....... could it happen like this??!!

thanks

alk
Yes, it could happen like this in theory. I think.

That information I got about the time scale for PCC was taken from this website, I'm fairly sure George Lombard or JAJ posted something about it about a month ago. I'll try and do a search for you, but they both post a lot so it might be difficult!! Maybe you could email an agent or something to confirm??
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 4:59 am
Banned

Oh well could fly the same week if necessary i

ts only to validate anyway,

could go for a hol for a week or two to find a place to live i suppose if it came to that

just more bloody expense.

thanks alot

We are thinking about brisbane have you been??

Why brisbane?

alk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.