Do you lose points when you turn 40?

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

CASPER99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do you lose points when you turn 40?

Can any one tell me if you lose points when you turn 40.

We are going for a reccie in October and if all goes well will start the process for our visa. I have worked out we have got 125 points and hubbys job is on the skills shortage list, but he turns 40 in Apr 2008.

I have heard that you lose 5 points when you turn 40. Now I am worried I have worked the points out wrong. what if we only have 120 and when we apply if hubby is 40 we lose the points and only have 115.

Does anyone know

thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:02 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you lose points when you turn 40?

Originally Posted by CASPER99

We are going for a reccie in October and if all goes well will start the process for our visa. I have worked out we have got 125 points and hubbys job is on the skills shortage list, but he turns 40 in Apr 2008.

I have heard that you lose 5 points when you turn 40. Now I am worried I have worked the points out wrong. what if we only have 120 and when we apply if hubby is 40 we lose the points and only have 115.

Does anyone know

thanks

yep the points go down the older you get

redo your points test i assume its an on line one with your hubbies age as 40 and see what score you get
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:04 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
yep the points go down the older you get

redo your points test i assume its an on line one with your hubbies age as 40 and see what score you get
more info than you can wave a bloody big stick at

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books6.htm
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

banoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant futurebanoff has a brilliant future

Yes you will loose 5 points when he turns 40. We are both over 40 but still have 120 points. OH is an electrician so on the demand list.

Jan
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Gabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really nice

Originally Posted by CASPER99

Does anyone know

thanks

The age that matters for points is the one you have at the time the application is received. You have enough time to submit your application before April 2008, and thus consider the age of 39.