Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Do we need to submit additional application Fee for Wife and Children as well?

Do we need to submit additional application Fee for Wife and Children as well?

Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:47 pm
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do we need to submit additional application Fee for Wife and Children as well?

Hi,

Yesterday, I was asked by one of my colleagues who has applied for ACS and will apply for 175 later on that "Do you need to submit seperate application Fee for your wife and children if you select them as migrating dependants". He is not claiming any spouse points as his points will go over 120 easily.

I told him that I don't know the answer but will let you know later. So, who else knows better than experts on BE?

So, Can some one please let me know if you have to provide additional application fee for your wife and children or they are covered in your application fee?

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Do we need to submit additional application Fee for Wife and Children as well?

Originally Posted by Mukesam
Hi,

Yesterday, I was asked by one of my colleagues who has applied for ACS and will apply for 175 later on that "Do you need to submit seperate application Fee for your wife and children if you select them as migrating dependants". He is not claiming any spouse points as his points will go over 120 easily.

I told him that I don't know the answer but will let you know later. So, who else knows better than experts on BE?

So, Can some one please let me know if you have to provide additional application fee for your wife and children or they are covered in your application fee?

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
No, you just pay the one application fee. The only thing you might have to pay is the second installment if the spouse doesn't have sufficient English language ability. We've just been granted for 2 adults and 2 children on the one application.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 10:58 pm
Banned

Default Re: Do we need to submit additional application Fee for Wife and Children as well?

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
No, you just pay the one application fee. The only thing you might have to pay is the second installment if the spouse doesn't have sufficient English language ability. We've just been granted for 2 adults and 2 children on the one application.
Thanks Tubbs for quick response. I really apreciate it. Just for the sake of clarity can you please confirm if "sufficient English" means atleast 6.0 band in all 4 components of IELTS? What if some one can't get it?

Regards,
Old Jul 16th 2009, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all

Thanks Tubbs for quick response. I really apreciate it. Just for the sake of clarity can you please confirm if "sufficient English" means atleast 6.0 band in all 4 components of IELTS? What if some one can't get it?

Regards,
From the DIAC website
English requirements for secondary applicants

Secondary applicants aged 18 years or over who do not have functional English must pay a second instalment visa application charge.

This payment will entitle secondary applicants to English language tuition in Australia to enable them to achieve functional English language ability.

Functional English is sufficient English to cope with everyday situations and some work situations.
Functional english is defined as: your IELTS TRF Number to show you have a band score of at least four and a half (4.5) based on all four components.

Hope this provides sufficient info.

Cheers,
Sylvia
Old Jul 17th 2009, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eurosyl
From the DIAC website

Functional english is defined as: your IELTS TRF Number to show you have a band score of at least four and a half (4.5) based on all four components.

Hope this provides sufficient info.

Cheers,
Sylvia
if the secondary applicants who are 18 yrs old and above, can not prove that they have functional English, the second installment payment (for each such applicant) needs to be paid.

1st instalment - When you lodge the 175/176 Application
$2525
2nd instalment - Before the VISA is granted
$3510
Old Jul 17th 2009, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Regards,
Actually its not sufficient english - Its functional englihs. Proof for functional english

IELTS - Overall band score 4.5 or a degree/dip minimum duration of 2 yrs- Medium of English should be in English
Old Jul 17th 2009, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Actually its not sufficient english - Its functional englihs. Proof for functional english

IELTS - Overall band score 4.5 or a degree/dip minimum duration of 2 yrs- Medium of English should be in English
Sorry I was replying quickly late last night after drinking a couple of glasses of bubbly and I couldn't be bothered to look up the exact wording.

BTW do you mean Medium of Instruction???
Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice

it would mean the course was conducted in english
Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Sorry I was replying quickly late last night after drinking a couple of glasses of bubbly and I couldn't be bothered to look up the exact wording.

BTW do you mean Medium of Instruction???
Are u alright now?

BTW - Any degree/dip - taught through English.

Example I my wife studied accounts ( Master of commerce ) total of 5 years in english medium she is exempted to pay second installment.

You should get a letter from Institution where she studied. Let me know if you need the format
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:07 am
Banned

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Are u alright now?

BTW - Any degree/dip - taught through English.

Example I my wife studied accounts ( Master of commerce ) total of 5 years in english medium she is exempted to pay second installment.

You should get a letter from Institution where she studied. Let me know if you need the format
Thanks all for you help in this regard.

Shiva,

I have sent you a PM.

Regards,
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

funky_beat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Well thatz good news for me, I was thinking all this time that you have to pay first installment for each of the dependent as well. Can you please share the link/source of above info, would appreicate that. I will have my wife and daughter as dependents on my application.

Cheers
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:53 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by funky_beat
Hi,
Well thatz good news for me, I was thinking all this time that you have to pay first installment for each of the dependent as well. Can you please share the link/source of above info, would appreicate that. I will have my wife and daughter as dependents on my application.

Cheers
www.immi.gov.au
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks all for you help in this regard.

Shiva,

I have sent you a PM.

Regards,
In the Letter head of the college/Institution

This is to certify that .............. (Roll no or reg no) studied bachelor of commerce from (May 2001 to April 2004) in total of 3 years in our institution which is affiliated to ....... university

The medium of instruction is English

This letter is issued for the purpose of Australian Visa process.

Principal
Signature & Date stamp