Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

DO WE NEED BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR Oz PR Process !!

Wikiposts

DO WE NEED BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR Oz PR Process !!

Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

ROYAL_DESIGNER is on a distinguished road
Default DO WE NEED BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR Oz PR Process !!

Hello Friends !!

Does the applicants ( Primary/ dependent) need the Birth Certificate in Oz PR process ?? other than school ceritificates such as SSC, which can be considered as a proof of bith date.

Please help me on this .....

Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:36 am
mzt
Forum Regular

mzt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DO WE NEED BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR Oz PR Process !!

Originally Posted by ROYAL_DESIGNER
Hello Friends !!

Does the applicants ( Primary/ dependent) need the Birth Certificate in Oz PR process ?? other than school ceritificates such as SSC, which can be considered as a proof of bith date.

When I applied, I sent both my original birth certificate as well as an unabridged birth certificate (birth certificate stating the parents full names) for myself as well as my OH and kids.

I know the unabridged birth certificate is important where kids are concerned as it's your way of proving legal guardianship over them.

I have been told that it's best to send an unabridged birth certificate for everyone but not sure if it was really required.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:38 am
Just Joined

waiting2BinOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Friends !!

Even if you submit other proof in place of Birth Certificates, the Case Officer will ask for them at a later stage. This is my experience.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Hello Friends !!

As per official document checklist of DIAC (i copied this from the DIAC 's application tracking system)

"Please provide a certified copy of your full birth certificate.

If your country of birth does not issue birth certificates, please provide written notification stating this, and provide your country's equivalent documentation, for example secondary school certificate, family book extracts or family census register showing names of both parents."

Cheers
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Hello Friends !!

When applying for my Visa (175), I did not submit my birth certificate. My CO never asked for it and It was perfectly fine in my case. You need to submit your Degree certificates, School certificates and your passport copies which has your DOB anyway.

Going by my example, I do not think birth certificate is absolutely necessary. All the best with your visa application.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
When applying for my Visa (175), I did not submit my birth certificate. My CO never asked for it and It was perfectly fine in my case. You need to submit your Degree certificates, School certificates and your passport copies which has your DOB anyway.

Going by my example, I do not think birth certificate is absolutely necessary. All the best with your visa application.

Thank you all...
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

I doubt you need any Birth certificate until CO really doubts your birth date or name. If you have other sufficient docs to prove birth dates it should be ok. Also I think it depends on case to case.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all...
Royal_D, i see you are from bangalore too. In India, if you were born after 1986, it's absolutely necessary that you have a birth certificate. Otherwise, school records are sufficient. If the CO doubts your DOB, you may need to go in for a Statutory Declaration etc to support your claim.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson
Royal_D, i see you are from bangalore too. In India, if you were born after 1986, it's absolutely necessary that you have a birth certificate. Otherwise, school records are sufficient. If the CO doubts your DOB, you may need to go in for a Statutory Declaration etc to support your claim.
Yes Rodger, I have heard of that rule but I doubt it is 1986 ..It may be 1968?

Do you have some link to support it?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

varsanik will become famous soon enoughvarsanik will become famous soon enough

Hello Friends !!

I used http://www.saharacarehouse.com/ to assist me with obtaining an Indian birth certificate for my wife.

Have a look at one of my earlier posts regarding Indian birth certificate: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...th+certificate
Old Jul 7th 2009, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Yes Rodger, I have heard of that rule but I doubt it is 1986 ..It may be 1968?

Do you have some link to support it?
Hi mpgrewal,

here is the link..

http://passport.gov.in/cpv/Instructions4.htm

It's actually, 1989. Please see below:

N.B.: In the case of applicants born on or after 26.01.89, only Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or the Office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths is acceptable.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson
Hi Rodger...

Gr8 to hear from you. Iam applying for 175, my DOB is June 1977, so do i need to take my Birth Certificate? I hope no... BTW.. which visa u have applied? how r processing .on own or using Agent....am using agent...

keep in touch...

:cheers:
Old Jul 8th 2009, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Rodger...

Gr8 to hear from you. Iam applying for 175, my DOB is June 1977, so do i need to take my Birth Certificate? I hope no... BTW.. which visa u have applied? how r processing .on own or using Agent....am using agent...

keep in touch...

:cheers:
hi RD, you wouldn't be able to get a birth certificate unless you were born in a reputed Hospital. Hence, I think, if you can provide enough proof (such as 10th Certificate, other School records, PAN Card, License etc) that are old enough and consistent with your passport, CO may not ask for further proof. Even if they do, it'd be a statutory declaration that you couldn't get the birth certificate for what reason..

I am doing it myself. no agent.

I am in the last stage of the processing (is there one such stage??)