Wikiposts

Do TRA acknowledge receipt ?

Old Aug 25th 2004, 1:00 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do TRA acknowledge receipt ?

I know I am probably panicking, but we sent ours off nearly three weeks ago and havent heard a dickie bird.

Should we expect a letter from them to say they've received it?

If not, should I phone them next week once it's been a month to make sure, as would hate to be sitting here in December waiting for the result only to find Royal Snail lost it three months previously!
Old Aug 25th 2004, 1:15 am
Rose-tinted specs anyone?

Sarsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do TRA acknowledge receipt ?

Originally Posted by bridiej
I know I am probably panicking, but we sent ours off nearly three weeks ago and havent heard a dickie bird.

If not, should I phone them next week once it's been a month to make sure, as would hate to be sitting here in December waiting for the result only to find Royal Snail lost it three months previously!
Hi Bridiej

TRA do send acknowledgements either straight to you or to your agent, whichever is appropriate. Our agent received our ack within a week of sending it in.

TRA do request that you give them a chance to process your application before you call them but I think your idea of leaving it until next week is a good one. PM me if you want their number.

Sara
Old Aug 25th 2004, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Hi Bridie i know some people do and some dont which doesnt help. i know we have an acknowledgement as i was given a reference number when i rang them about the payment mix up but when they will actually look at it who knows. a month has gone now since we sent ours and i must say it has gone quiet quick. i could be worth giving them a ring next week just to put your mind at rest

Debs xxxx
Old Aug 25th 2004, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by xxdebsonlinexx
Hi Bridie i know some people do and some dont which doesnt help. i know we have an acknowledgement as i was given a reference number when i rang them about the payment mix up but when they will actually look at it who knows. a month has gone now since we sent ours and i must say it has gone quiet quick. i could be worth giving them a ring next week just to put your mind at rest

Debs xxxx
Yes, think you're both right, I will phone them next week...

x
Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:20 am
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

x
Bridie

We didn't get an acknowledgement at all.

Julia
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point

x
Well we didn't have an acknowledgement at all either. So rather then phoning them i think you should wait and then maybe dropping them, an e-mail asking if the received your application thats what we did last week after 11 weeks of waiting. They said they received our application and told us our reference number. They will not give you anymore information over the phone anyway.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by simbacat
Well we didn't have an acknowledgement at all either. So rather then phoning them i think you should wait and then maybe dropping them, an e-mail asking if the received your application thats what we did last week after 11 weeks of waiting. They said they received our application and told us our reference number. They will not give you anymore information over the phone anyway.
OK, sounds good and saves having to get up at some ridiculously early time in the morning!