Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Do they really want my A-Level Certificates?!

Wikiposts

Do they really want my A-Level Certificates?!

Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:45 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice
Default Do they really want my A-Level Certificates?!

I've been asked to provide some extra info, and part of that is evidence of educational qualifications.

As i didn't fill in the section for education on the visa form (i put "n/a" as i don't have a degree), do they really want certified copies of my A-Levels and GCSE's?!

Do you think this would be good grounds for emailing the CO for clarification?

TIA,

Urno.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 5:46 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do they really want my A-Level Certificates?!

Originally Posted by Urno
I've been asked to provide some extra info, and part of that is evidence of educational qualifications.

As i didn't fill in the section for education on the visa form (i put "n/a" as i don't have a degree), do they really want certified copies of my A-Levels and GCSE's?!

Do you think this would be good grounds for emailing the CO for clarification?

TIA,

Urno.
Hi Urno,

If you're applying for general skilled migration then you can't email the case officer - have to use the online enquiry mechanism indicated in the letter which you would have received. Without knowing more about your application it's impossible to say what they're requesting and why. If you're making an application based on a TRA assessment or ACS RPL procedure then they may be looking for individual training certificates supplied to TRA or ACS.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:44 pm
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Urno,

If you're applying for general skilled migration then you can't email the case officer - have to use the online enquiry mechanism indicated in the letter which you would have received. Without knowing more about your application it's impossible to say what they're requesting and why. If you're making an application based on a TRA assessment or ACS RPL procedure then they may be looking for individual training certificates supplied to TRA or ACS.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Ah, i suppose it could be training certs. Having said that, i can't remember if i sent them to the ACS..

My app is a general skilled 136, and along with meds/pcc i've been asked to provide better work information. They actually put:

"Employment references provided contain insufficient details...Further evidence may include but is not limited to, the following...:

- Employment refs for 4 yrs before date of app (please refer to attached instructions, where it mentions; employee details need to be main duties of work, hours of work, period of employment, salary detals & employer details are contact details, contact details of referee and organisational chart).

- Taxation Docs, which i presume to mean P60's

- Memberships of business/professional assoc's (of which have none)

- Evidence of educational qualifications (which is where the GSCE/A-Level question came from

I'm confused about the references bit, as they had a very good reference from my ex-boss, supplemented by a reference saying that he was who he was from his ex-boss (who is still employed at our place) with a full CV covering my 10 yrs odd in work!

My plan, decided upon last night, is to send them absolutely everything!

A couple of further queries:

- Can i omit a reference from my current boss due to not wanting him to know what i'm doing!

- Can i email scanned docs of notarised copies of certs, cv's etc instead of couriering now, as the email from CO seems to suggest?

TIA,

Urno.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Urno

- Can i email scanned docs of notarised copies of certs, cv's etc instead of couriering now, as the email from CO seems to suggest?

TIA,

Urno.
I might be wrong, but surely the point of a notarised copy is to confirm it is genuine? Scanning would convert it into a digital format which is easily manipulated by a whole host of programs like Photoshop.

Mark
Old Feb 7th 2007, 11:57 pm
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Originally Posted by mbike
I might be wrong, but surely the point of a notarised copy is to confirm it is genuine? Scanning would convert it into a digital format which is easily manipulated by a whole host of programs like Photoshop.

Mark
It's there in black and white in my letter!

"..scanned copies of docs reduces postal and admin delays..".

I agree with them in one respect as it will speed things up, and uses technology, but given that the whole process is very strict, it's quite surprising.

Mind you, not many people are going to have the skill to manipulate images as you've mentioned, unless there's a black market in it...[goes off to register www.visascansdoctored.com..]