Do I satisfy 4 year experience requirement

Old Dec 4th 2008, 10:43 am
Just Joined

irfannazir is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Do I satisfy 4 year experience requirement

Dear All,
I don't know if this forum is only for britons. I am from Pakistan and I have a slight complication about my degree and work experience.
I started BSc. (computer sciences) in 1999 which was then a 3 year (6 semester) program after high school. That makes 15 years of education. Degree completed in 2002 and I started a full time job in April 2002. Later I done Msc.(computer sciences) 1 year (2 semester) from August 2004 September 2005 through evening classes to complete my 16 years of education. I continued full time job during this period. Now the situation is I have total of 6 years of full time experience but experience after MSc. degree is 3 years and 3 months. The question is do I qualify for the 4 years experience requirement after the degree?
Old Dec 4th 2008, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Jhonnywalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do I satisfy 4 year experience requirement

According to my knowledge you should qualify. I believe, the overall experience is considered.

Cheers,
JW
Old Dec 4th 2008, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

ACS will pro-rata experience if they feel that you were not working at the appropriate professional level, whether this is prior to or after qualifications is not really relevant, however, work experience following qualifications is easier to justify as being at a more skilled level. This is where your job descriptions and detailed references will come in demonstrate the level that you were working at.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

irfannazir is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you guys for your comments. I think I should put up my case to ACS and keep my fingers crossed.