Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

do I need to work full time if I am the main applicant?

Wikiposts

do I need to work full time if I am the main applicant?

Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough
Default do I need to work full time if I am the main applicant?

Hi

First time on here, so please be patient with me.

Currently a student midwife with big plans to emigrate to Australia when qualified.

We need to go with me as lead applicant as skilled worker sponsored by region or a hospital.

My question is do I need to work full time? Girl at work has just applied and is working 4 shifts a week, but a lot of things I read say you need to be offered a full time post.

HELP! Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Karen
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:15 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do I need to work full time if I am the main applicant?

To apply for a skilled visa you need to be working over 20 hours a week .
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough

Thank you WS.

I was thinking that was working 20 hours in UK to apply for VISA. What about when you emigrate?

Thanks for your help.

Karen
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:58 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1968_karen
Thank you WS.

I was thinking that was working 20 hours in UK to apply for VISA. What about when you emigrate?

Thanks for your help.

Karen
If you are sponsored by an employer it will have to be for full time work and they have to pay you a minimum salary.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:41 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

I was under the impression that if you went on a sponsored visa you did have to work in accordance with the conditions set by the employer/DIAC, but if you went on a 175 although you would nominate your profession to gain the points, what you actually did once you had landed was up to you.

Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:35 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
I was under the impression that if you went on a sponsored visa you did have to work in accordance with the conditions set by the employer/DIAC, but if you went on a 175 although you would nominate your profession to gain the points, what you actually did once you had landed was up to you.

OP has said that she was looking to go on a sponsored visa.