Do I need a visa label?

Old May 23rd 2011, 2:02 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa grant - must leave Oz to obtain

Originally Posted by Beachbumz
Hi, my son has recieved his pre-grant email for 176 visa and now must leave Oz in order for it to be granted.
my question is - how long must he be out of the country ( he is planning a trip to Bali for 5 days, if this is sufficient) and
does he have to present to the Australian Consulate with the grant letter or is it done electronically?
any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you
5 days is generally sufficient. Evidencing (the visa label in the passport) is advisable, but not strictly necessary, because Australian authorities have all visa info stored electronically. You may have an issue with the airline, that must verify your status before letting you board, but you can use your grant letter instead that you should have received electronically by then. Some services in Australia, like Medicare, also want to see the visa label. So it is up to you - if you can get it done on your trip, fine, if not, visit a DIAC office after arrival and get it there.
Old May 23rd 2011, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

azakir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Visa grant - must leave Oz to obtain

Congratulations for your son and wish you good luck.
Old May 24th 2011, 6:05 am
Tarun

tarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nice
Default Re: Do I need a visa label?

On the same note, i've been advised that it's not necessary to get a label affixed.

I want to though and rang up DIAC who advised me not to send the passports by mail. My nearest DIAC office is Brisbane.

Has anyone else sent their passports by mail to get labels affixed? Is the address the same as listed on DIAC's website for departmental offices (http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/aust...d-brisbane.htm) or do i have to address it to a particular person?

Regards
Old May 24th 2011, 6:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tarunrajan
On the same note, i've been advised that it's not necessary to get a label affixed.

I want to though and rang up DIAC who advised me not to send the passports by mail. My nearest DIAC office is Brisbane.

Has anyone else sent their passports by mail to get labels affixed? Is the address the same as listed on DIAC's website for departmental offices (http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/aust...d-brisbane.htm) or do i have to address it to a particular person?

Regards
No, not to a particular person. That address is correct. It's not 'necessary' to get the label but many people do and some places (Medicare) don't have the brain power (some employees, not all) to check the computer and if they can't see the label they won't accept your status.

However, if you're a long way from a DIAC office and you don't want to send the passport there is this which I only learnt about recently but could solve the problem of proof.

If you do post the passport, make sure you use Registered Post.
Old May 24th 2011, 7:02 am
Tarun

tarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No, not to a particular persyon. That address is correct. It's not 'necessary' to get the label but many people do and some places (Medicare) don't have the brain power (some employees, not all) to check the computer and if they can't see the label they won't accept your status.

However, if you're a long way from a DIAC office and you don't want to send the passport there is this which I only learnt about recently but could solve the problem of proof.

If you do post the passport, make sure you use Registered Post.
Hi Moneypenny,

Thanks for your reply. I've got Medicare sorted out with the approval letter, although the lady did throw a huge hissy fit that she could not see the words 'permanent residents'. She wouldn't accept the headline stating grant of visa sub class blah blah. I had to ask her to flip through the pages.

I also sorted outta the VEVO thingy with DIAC.

I've heard from some people that without the label, they sometimes experience delays at the airport and probably have to carry the approval letter on them. I guess I'll have to get it done next time I'm in Brisbane. It's a pity there's no office up in Townsville.

Regards

Last edited by tarunrajan; May 24th 2011 at 7:20 am.
Old May 24th 2011, 8:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tarunrajan
Hi Moneypenny,

Thanks for your reply. I've got Medicare sorted out with the approval letter, although the lady did throw a huge hissy fit that she could not see the words 'permanent residents'. She wouldn't accept the headline stating grant of visa sub class blah blah. I had to ask her to flip through the pages.

I also sorted outta the VEVO thingy with DIAC.

I've heard from some people that without the label, they sometimes experience delays at the airport and probably have to carry the approval letter on them. I guess I'll have to get it done next time I'm in Brisbane. It's a pity there's no office up in Townsville.

Regards
Yeah, you're kind of a long way from anywhere aren't you? You'd have no problems with getting into Aus but you 'could' have issues leaving anywhere for Aus. The UK airports understand about no visa stickers for the most part but there's always one let alone other places.
Old May 24th 2011, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Little Lisa 1971 will become famous soon enough
Smile Visa label?

Hi Everyone,

We are flying to Perth on the 12th December 2011 to validate our 176 Visa which was granted in April 2011. I was wondering what you thought about the new E-Visa? I am worried I might have problems at the airport, though I have printed off all our information on the DIAC Website (VEVO).

Has anyone recently using a E-Visa had any problems at the airport? We are flying with Singapore Airlines.

Would you post off the passports to London and have them stamped to be safe? Does anyone know how much the special delivery costs return for 4 passports?

Thanks Little Lisa x
Old May 24th 2011, 1:24 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Default Re: Visa label?

You shouldn't have a problem. Depends if you want the sticker in the visa. Singapore are fully aware of evisas. Special Delivery prices here. Work out weight for the four and remember to buy prepaid self addressed one for them to return them if you go for it.

If you leave it until you get here, you can take them into the nearest DIAC office and they will do it free of charge. They don't charge in London but you do have the post costs.

You'd be fine with the evisas and VEVO.
Old May 24th 2011, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Little Lisa 1971 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Moneypenny x
Old May 25th 2011, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

We just arrived Monday using the E-visa and there was no problems at all.

However we went straight to the immigration office in Sydney to have a label put in to cut out any problems registering for certain organisations.
Old May 25th 2011, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steen1976

However we went straight to the immigration office in Sydney to have a label put in to cut out any problems registering for certain organisations.
Good plan, they ask to see it for all kinds of things. School, uni, employment. It's definitely nice to have the visual aid of the sticker once you're here.
Old May 25th 2011, 6:53 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steen1976

Good to see you've arrived safely
Old May 25th 2011, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Good to see you've arrived safely
Thanks Dreamy. All gone well so far though not getting much sleep.

Three different weather fronts in three days mind.
Old May 25th 2011, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
Good plan, they ask to see it for all kinds of things. School, uni, employment. It's definitely nice to have the visual aid of the sticker once you're here.
Add Medicare and Drivers License to that list.
Old May 25th 2011, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Dentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really nice
Default 176 Visa - label in passport

I've just been allocated a 176 visa (one of the delayed NSW ones!).
CO was absolutely fantastic

My CO tells me that I don't need to get a label as evidence in my passport as it is now handled electronically, but, although this may sound daft, how do employers in Australia know that you're entitled to work legally?
In the old Working holiday Visa days circa 2000, all agencies used to photocopy your work visa as evidence!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.