Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Do I have to work in the Skill I've been assessed in?

Do I have to work in the Skill I've been assessed in?

Old Apr 26th 2004, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

hallri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I have to work in the Skill I've been assessed in?

Hi,

I'm new to this group so I appologise if this is a repeated question but I couldn't find it through the history.

I'm applying for skill migration visa in the IT industry but to be honest, I'm quite keen to try something different, very different away from regular computer/office life.

I can't find anything in the official documentation saying I must work in IT although that's what I'll apply for my visa as. Am I right in thinking this?

Many thanks

Richard
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:03 pm
CMR
Forum Regular

CMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Do I have to work in the Skill I've been assessed in?

Hi

I'm new to the site too but thinking along exaclty the same lines (spent too many years in front of a computer screen).

As far as I know there's no requirement to work in your nominated profession when you get there. You can do whatever you like but I suppose it's easier to get a job in a field in which you have some experience.

I'm hoping to get away from IT but I've no idea what I'll end up doing...

Regards

Clive
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

SentApril2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by hallri
Hi,

I'm new to this group so I appologise if this is a repeated question but I couldn't find it through the history.

I'm applying for skill migration visa in the IT industry but to be honest, I'm quite keen to try something different, very different away from regular computer/office life.

I can't find anything in the official documentation saying I must work in IT although that's what I'll apply for my visa as. Am I right in thinking this?

Many thanks

Richard
Nope, you can do whatever you want, or nothing at all.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

hallri is an unknown quantity at this point

many thanks for clarifing that. Astronaut it is then

seriously though, I have noticed a few adverts for the Australian Air Force.

ta

Rich

Originally posted by SentApril2002
Nope, you can do whatever you want, or nothing at all.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

Woo Hoo!

I'm gonna be a speedboat driving crime fighter who shoots from the hip and has an eye for the ladies.

Can't wait

Scotty
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scottyboy
Woo Hoo!

I'm gonna be a speedboat driving crime fighter who shoots from the hip and has an eye for the ladies.

Can't wait

Scotty

Hi Scotty

I hope you've told the missus about this. Otherwise she might have something to say :0)

Gravyman
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

Originally posted by Gravyman
Hi Scotty

I hope you've told the missus about this. Otherwise she might have something to say :0)

Gravyman

Hay Gravy

There is an opportunity as a sidekick if you can keep yer mouth shut.

Scotty.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hay Gravy

Scotty.

You're on.

Just don't tell my missus! :0)

Gravyman
Old Apr 26th 2004, 3:02 pm
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Gravyman
You're on.

Just don't tell my missus! :0)

Gravyman
Like Miami Vice? Please though, no pink blazers and sock free shoes! You guys could have a croc instead of an aligator!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by flying dutchman
Like Miami Vice? Please though, no pink blazers and sock free shoes! You guys could have a croc instead of an aligator!

You Bet!

There's a boat with your name on if youy want to join us.
Mmm a crime fighting trio that drive speedboats and rock with the chicks.
Think I'm gonna grow myself a moustache. Yee Ha!

Scotty
Old Apr 26th 2004, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by flying dutchman
Hay

What's wrong with pink blazers and sock free shoes.

The only problem will be is how's going to be Crockett and who'll be Tubbs. :0)

Gravy Crockett
Old Apr 26th 2004, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

elbow is an unknown quantity at this point

You Bet!

There's a boat with your name on if youy want to join us.
Mmm a crime fighting trio that drive speedboats and rock with the chicks.
Think I'm gonna grow myself a moustache. Yee Ha!

Scotty
Don't the forget the mullet! AKA "hairstyle of the gods". Can I join too? I certainly don't want be no stinking chef when i get over there!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by elbow
Don't the forget the mullet! AKA "hairstyle of the gods". Can I join too? I certainly don't want be no stinking chef when i get over there!

No problem joining the gang but the mullet no way.

I've never had a mullet, even in the 80's, and now I wouldn't be able to have one even if I wanted to.

Gravyman
Old Apr 26th 2004, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hay Gravy

Scotty.
Oi!

What's all this about?

If Mr Gravyman grows a mullet, he'll be out of the door before you can say 'just take a bit of the bottom, barber'!

I'm going to be watching you, Scotty!

MRS Gravyman
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by elbow

Hop aboard.

Means us having a bit bigger boat but what the hell.
Your experience as a chef would make you handy with a blade. A must for any crime fighting "squad".
I too am beyond a mullet. A brown leather car coat and golfing slacks are my thing baby.

Scotty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.