Do i dump my agent ?

Old Aug 13th 2002, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Do i dump my agent ?

I applied for a pr visa with my wife back in April.
We decided to go through an agent to make the whole process easier. I recieved a positive assessment from the TRA and my wife from the ANCI.
Our application was logged, but when i tried to contact our agent to send us the positive ANCI assessment i got no reply's from E-mail, Letters or phone calls. That was 6 weeks ago. I have just recieved an E-mail from her saying sorry, but she was moving house. 6 weeks to move house??????
She also claims that she had never received a positive skill assessment letter back from the ANCI. So apparently our app has been logged without it !
I have now contacted the ANCI and they say they will send a new one out directly to our address. I will forward this to Adelaide as soon as it arrives.
Surley an agent should be more helpfull than this??
I now would like to dump her and go it alone. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks....
Old Aug 13th 2002, 8:00 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default Re: Do i dump my agent ?

Speaking from experience,my agent was as useful as the preverbial chocolate snag!Once we had submitted everything except medicals & police checks,we wrote to AHC to request that all future correspondance was sent direct to us not that limp handshaking tosspot (does that give any clues to people who've used him too).
So if you,ve done all the hard work already,yeah go it alone,& with the help of the more serious posters here ,you should get through.But wait for some more replies first (Yeah right,as if you'd take advice from a would be migrant who waxes his bald but cute butt)!
Old Aug 14th 2002, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

a1macc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re: Do i dump my agent ?

Ian

Go it alone. You are over one of the major hurdles already, and there is nothing in the rest of the process that you wont be able to carry out yourself. It seems to me you will do a better job than the agent your are using. Do as Baldbuts suggests and write to your case officer advising them to communicate directly with you.

Good Luck!

Originally posted by baldbutts:
Speaking from experience,my agent was as useful as the preverbial chocolate snag!Once we had submitted everything except medicals & police checks,we wrote to AHC to request that all future correspondance was sent direct to us not that limp handshaking tosspot (does that give any clues to people who've used him too).
So if you,ve done all the hard work already,yeah go it alone,& with the help of the more serious posters here ,you should get through.But wait for some more replies first (Yeah right,as if you'd take advice from a would be migrant who waxes his bald but cute butt)!
Old Aug 14th 2002, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

hibee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ianha77:
We decided to go through an agent to make the whole process easier. I recieved a positive assessment from the TRA and my wife from the ANCI.
Our application was logged, but when i tried to contact our agent to send us the positive ANCI assessment i got no reply's from E-mail, Letters or phone calls. That was 6 weeks ago. I have just recieved an E-mail from her saying sorry, but she was moving house. 6 weeks to move house??????
She also claims that she had never received a positive skill assessment letter back from the ANCI. So apparently our app has been logged without it !
I have now contacted the ANCI and they say they will send a new one out directly to our address. I will forward this to Adelaide as soon as it arrives.
I now would like to dump her and go it alone. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks....
Ian ,
I used an agent and payed a lot of Money for Nothing , he was about as good as a chocolate firegaurd . Most of them seem to be the same.
The 2 guys who post on this site however seem very good Alan Collet & George Lombard

Regards
Jamie
Old Aug 14th 2002, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

JohnyC is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Do i dump my agent ?

Originally posted by hibee:

Ian ,
I used an agent and payed a lot of Money for Nothing , he was about as good as a chocolate firegaurd . Most of them seem to be the same.
The 2 guys who post on this site however seem very good Alan Collet & George Lombard

Regards
Jamie
Some Agents are really
Old Aug 15th 2002, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice. My letter is now on its way to DIMA.
Cheers
Old Aug 16th 2002, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

mandandbri is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Do i dump my agent ?

Correct me if I am wrong but I though the word agent conjured up a person that takes you through the whole emmigration experience from start to finish answering any questions you or your other half have. Well we found our agent to be exceptionally helpfull whilst taking 1500 quid off us and now it is like trying to get blood out of a stone. It takes me at least 5 calls and several E Mails to actually speak to someone then every week our case worker has changed. Coming from recruitment if a compnay pays for our services they are kept informed and at all times and the service is exeptional what makees them so different?

Mandand Bri
Old Aug 16th 2002, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

I had exactly the same problems. Very helpfull untill they have been paid and then they dissapear from the face of the planet. I know not all agents are like this, maybe a few a us just had a bad experience. Maybe we should have a 'Name em and shame em' post. It would certainly help to stop other people going through the same problems.
Old Aug 16th 2002, 9:41 am
FOX
Forum Regular

FOX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ianha77:
I had exactly the same problems. Very helpfull untill they have been paid and then they dissapear from the face of the planet. I know not all agents are like this, maybe a few a us just had a bad experience. Maybe we should have a 'Name em and shame em' post. It would certainly help to stop other people going through the same problems.
I know this was mentioned on a previous post, I cannot find it right now, but wondered what other peoples thoughts on this are? As long as comments are intelligent and not slanderous I think it could be useful, and avoid other paople going through similar experiences.

Also is there an official body that we can voice our "concerns" to?
Old Aug 16th 2002, 10:23 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hi FOX.

Yes, the official body that regulates registered migration agents in Australia is the Migration Agents Registration Authority, though I would add that there are doubts about the MARA's ability to police the system outside Australia.

The MARA's website is at http://www.themara.com.au and if you have a grievance about a registered migration agent you should complain (there is a standard form on the MARA's website). The MARA can also be contacted at PO Box Q1551, QVB, NSW 1230, AUSTRALIA.

In fact in my view is it best practice to have a clause about the migration agent's complaints procedures in the letter of engagement setting out terms and conditions that you should have received from your appointed agent.

Before you do anything though you need to check that your agent is registered - if they aren't there's not a lot you can do (unless you feel like litigating ...)

Best regards.

Originally posted by FOX:

I know this was mentioned on a previous post, I cannot find it right now, but wondered what other peoples thoughts on this are? As long as comments are intelligent and not slanderous I think it could be useful, and avoid other paople going through similar experiences.

Also is there an official body that we can voice our "concerns" to?
Old Aug 16th 2002, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Browny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ian,

Can you pls name the agency you used (and dumped now). From Austimeline I understand that you are in UK. I am also live in UK and thinking of using an agent. I just want to avoid accidently using the one you dumped. I also heard from a few others that most agents just eat our money.. and nothing after. Agents are charging 1500 pounds plus VAT for Aus PR processing. They should give better service for this money, isn't ?
Old Aug 16th 2002, 9:55 pm
Jaj

Alan I would point out that for many overseas agents it's impossible to become
registered, due to the requirement to be an Australian citizen, PR, or NZ citizen
resident in Australia.

As far as I know the powers that be are looking at extending registration to overseas
based agents - presumably on a voluntary basis - but at the moment there are probably
some who would quite like to register but can't.

Jeremy

>On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:23:01 +0000, Alan Collett <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Before you do anything though you need to check that your agent is registered - if
    >they aren't there's not a lot you can do (unless you feel like litigating ...)
    >Best regards.

Old Aug 16th 2002, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ianha77:

Hi Ian!

My advice, as someone who has trouble with any forms requiring more than name, adress, and D.O.B, is go it alone!! if you want to get to oz as much as i do! take the time and effort to study the forms and you will find they're not as 'scary' as you first think. I sent my forms to Adelaide in May this year and all is going well so far! [they havent been returned yet!] so if i can do it, anyone can!! , i would have been tempted to let someone deal with it all for me earlier if i had known about people like Alan Colette, fom gomatilda, who seems like a nice bloke, who knows what he's talking about! so my advice, is just go for it!
good luck!
cheers Kaff x
Old Aug 17th 2002, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future

My advice too like Kaffs would be go it alone, it could cost you a lot of unneccessary expense and with a web site like this there is always someone willing to help you and who is a step further ahead of you to give free advise. Good luck.

Hi Ian!

My advice, as someone who has trouble with any forms requiring more than name, adress, and D.O.B, is go it alone!! if you want to get to oz as much as i do! take the time and effort to study the forms and you will find they're not as 'scary' as you first think. I sent my forms to Adelaide in May this year and all is going well so far! [they havent been returned yet!] so if i can do it, anyone can!! , i would have been tempted to let someone deal with it all for me earlier if i had known about people like Alan Colette, fom gomatilda, who seems like a nice bloke, who knows what he's talking about! so my advice, is just go for it!
good luck!
cheers Kaff x [/QUOTE]
Old Aug 19th 2002, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

hibee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Browny:
Hi Ian,

Can you pls name the agency you used (and dumped now). From Austimeline I understand that you are in UK. I am also live in UK and thinking of using an agent. I just want to avoid accidently using the one you dumped. I also heard from a few others that most agents just eat our money.. and nothing after. Agents are charging 1500 pounds plus VAT for Aus PR processing. They should give better service for this money, isn't ?

Check out ALan Collet or George Lombard on this Forum
They give good advice and both are Registered Agents

Regards
Jamie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.