do British migrant need English test?

Old May 11th 2010, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do British migrant need English test?

Originally Posted by hishaken
Is it right if I put it like this way:
I just curious what the point test scheme for British applicants is
It should be 'migrants' in the thread title, too.
Old May 12th 2010, 2:09 am
Banned

hishaken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
There is more than one way of asking the question and I did not cover them all . Your suggestion is not quite correct, an alternative would be:

This is one of the suggesitions I made earlier. It may seem like a subtle difference, but your use of "are" instead of "is" would also immediately tell me that you are not fluent in English. Or at best you are a very ill educated English person.

You seem a little confrontational, it is a shame that more people do not have hishaken's positive attirude towards learning the language of thier future adopted home rather than get defensive and confrontational when people try to help by pointing out errors.
thx for your help, I really appreciate
please point out any mistake I made, or anything doesn't sound right.

Cheers
Old May 12th 2010, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Alucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really nice

it is a shame that more people do not have hishaken's positive attirude towards learning the language of thier future adopted home
Technically, shouldn't hishaken already know the language in question?
Old May 12th 2010, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

moriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to all

There is more than one way of asking the question and I did not cover them all . Your suggestion is not quite correct, an alternative would be:

This is one of the suggesitions I made earlier. It may seem like a subtle difference, but your use of "are" instead of "is" would also immediately tell me that you are not fluent in English. Or at best you are a very ill educated English person.

You seem a little confrontational, it is a shame that more people do not have hishaken's positive attirude towards learning the language of thier future adopted home rather than get defensive and confrontational when people try to help by pointing out errors.
I'm sorry if you take me as confrontational but my question was a genuine one as being of English origin I am not concited enough to assume that I am an expert in my own language.
I do however take exception to your assuption of my poor education, I may well not be as clever as you, but I am going to do the IELTS test and am reasonably nervous as I know I will never be an English teacher wich is why I work as an electrician.

I do belive though that you have shown yourself as being rude and quick to cast judgement.
But never mind, life's short!
(please excuse poor spelling and punctuation as I'm on my phone and useless with a touch screen)
Old May 12th 2010, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ozzieland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moriarty711
I'm sorry if you take me as confrontational but my question was a genuine one as being of English origin I am not concited enough to assume that I am an expert in my own language.
I do however take exception to your assuption of my poor education, I may well not be as clever as you, but I am going to do the IELTS test and am reasonably nervous as I know I will never be an English teacher wich is why I work as an electrician.

I do belive though that you have shown yourself as being rude and quick to cast judgement.
But never mind, life's short!
(please excuse poor spelling and punctuation as I'm on my phone and useless with a touch screen)
Cool down... English is a complicated language However Bermuda shorts is right as the verb 'is' is pointing to 'Points Test' with is only one 'singular'. I too make this mistake sometimes
Old May 12th 2010, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

f4fred is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a great IELTS preparation class.

Keep it up guys!

Regards,
Fred, F.