Wikiposts

Divorce

Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:34 pm
pools mad

chrisg28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Divorce

Hi,

I am looking for some advice.
My wife and I plus our children live here in perth on a permanant resident visa and my perants are here too sponsored by the company my dad works for.

Recently they have split up and are getting divorced and my mam wants to stay here in Australia but is unsure how she stands with regards to her visa status and needs to find out what to do next.

Any help on this matter would be great.

Thanks

Chris.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Divorce

Originally Posted by chrisg28
Hi,

I am looking for some advice.
My wife and I plus our children live here in perth on a permanant resident visa and my perants are here too sponsored by the company my dad works for.

Recently they have split up and are getting divorced and my mam wants to stay here in Australia but is unsure how she stands with regards to her visa status and needs to find out what to do next.

Any help on this matter would be great.

Thanks

Chris.
What type of visa do they have? Is it PR or temporary?
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:03 pm
pools mad

Hi,

Its just a temp visa.

Thanks

Chris
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:06 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Its just a temp visa.
What kind of temporary visa?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:01 am
pools mad

Hi,

the visa she has is a temp visa sub class 457.

Thanks

Chris
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Its just a temp visa.

Thanks

Chris
She has a visa for 4 years then will have to leave, unless she can find an employer to sponsor her, have a skill that is in demand that she can get her own visa for or marry and Aussie citizen
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:45 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
She has a visa for 4 years then will have to leave, unless she can find an employer to sponsor her, have a skill that is in demand that she can get her own visa for or marry and Aussie citizen
You have forgotten the option of a contributory parent visa, if the balance of family test is satisfied.

Professional advice is essential. I'd recommend George Lombard in Sydney, or if they're in Perth they could try Steven O'Neil.

I'm not sure if she ought to rely on her visa after divorce - it may be subject to cancellation.