Discussion on new SOL announcement

Old May 20th 2010, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Qingpu Li is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How the new SOL Affect Onshore GSM and Other Information

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz
Everybody knows this by now........seems to me that this is just a (poor) attempt of advertising yourself as a migration agent ! sorry for being so blunt !
Are your sure? Why people still ask many questions about theire different circumstances? The new SOL announced by DIAC should be read together with the MODL annoucement before, and many people still don't know the critical date 8 February 2010, 1 July 2010.

You are not me, why do you know my purpose? you can simply disregard this information if you think you know everything. Thank you for your comment.
Old May 20th 2010, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Qingpu Li
Are your sure? Why people still ask many questions about theire different circumstances? The new SOL announced by DIAC should be read together with the MODL annoucement before, and many people still don't know the critical date 8 February 2010, 1 July 2010.

You are not me, why do you know my purpose? you can simply disregard this information if you think you know everything. Thank you for your comment.
Okay scenario...my son (whose 22) holds a 572 visa and has done since January 2010. He is currently on hairdressing course, which as we know is now not on the SOL list. Please can you clarify what we need to do for the next step to keep him on the path to eventual PR?

we have been told by his tafe that his choice is changing to either bricklaying or cabinetmaking courses (although I cant see cabinetmaking on the sol list )

Guidance and support will be greatly appreciated from anyone right now as Im hearing too much conflicting info.

cheers

Cath
Old May 20th 2010, 10:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Discussion on new SOL announcement

Threads merged - there really is no need to keep starting new ones
Old May 20th 2010, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Hi Cath,

It is a very difficult time for people who are studing hairdressing or cookery courses in Australia. You are right. I searched "hairdresser, carpenter, cabinetmaker, bricklayer", and none of them appear on the new SOL. Because your son held a 572 student visa on the critical date-8 February 2010, you son is affected by the new SOL and the MODL revocation.

The TAFE's suggestion of changing the course is very risky because we cannot speculate that by the time you son finishes the course, either bricklayer or cabinetmaker will reappear on the future revised SOL.

The skills assessment for hairdresser is currenly done by TRA for a four steps Job ready program that is for permanent visa purposes. It is impossible your son can achieve a positive skills assessment from TRA in such a short time as your son has to beat the deadline of 1 July 2010. You son must have a suitable skills assessment to make a valid 885 or 886 visa application. After the 1 of July, your son must nominate an occupation on the new SOL. If hairdresser is the only occupation you son can nominate, then your son cannot apply for a permanent GSM visa. In a word, you son can't apply for a permanent GSM for hairdressor occupation.

The good news is that you son may apply for a 485 temporary visa provided that your son satisfy all the other criteria. For the other visas in the category of GSM and Employer Sponsored Workers, your son may apply 457, ENS, RSMS or the proposed State/territory Migration Plan etc. ENS and RSMS are permanent visas. The challenge for your son is to find an eligible employer who is willing to sponsor him. Your son of course may explore the permanent visas in the other categories.

In summary, for visa categories of GSM and Employer Sponsored, the permanent visa options for your son are ENS, RSMS or the proposed State/territory Migration Plan etc.

Changing the course is another option. However, since the SOL will be reviewed annually, there is no guarantee that the preselected occupation would still be on the list on the completion of the study.

Good luck.

Paul
Old May 20th 2010, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

mavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud of

[
The new SOL only applies to GSM visa categories, it doesn’t apply to employer sponsored visa categories such as subclass 457, ENS, RSMS or State or Territory Migration Plan. So, everyone may apply for one of the employer sponsored visas if you can find an employer to sponsor you and satisfy all the visa criteria. In addition, if you can lodge the GSM visa application before the implementation date that is proposed to be 1 July 2010, you are not affected by the new SOL.
Yours truly,[/QUOTE]

I thought there was a suspension in place for GSM applications till 1st July?

Old May 20th 2010, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mavine1
[
The new SOL only applies to GSM visa categories, it doesn’t apply to employer sponsored visa categories such as subclass 457, ENS, RSMS or State or Territory Migration Plan. So, everyone may apply for one of the employer sponsored visas if you can find an employer to sponsor you and satisfy all the visa criteria. In addition, if you can lodge the GSM visa application before the implementation date that is proposed to be 1 July 2010, you are not affected by the new SOL.
Yours truly,
I thought there was a suspension in place for GSM applications till 1st July?

[/QUOTE]

Suspension only applies to offshore only. Onshore application is normal.
Old May 21st 2010, 1:09 am
Just Joined

Hi Cath,

I am sorry to tell you that there was an error at the time of the search of the new SOL. This error occured as I didn't search from the very beginning of the file. Today, I reviewed the new list, I found that Carpenter and Bricklayer and a lot of other trade occupations were still on the new list. I hope that you have checked the list by yourself and hasn't been misled by me.
331111 Bricklayer
331112 Stonemason
331211 Carpenter and Joiner
331212 Carpenter
331213 Joiner
332211 Painting trades workers

Paul

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Okay scenario...my son (whose 22) holds a 572 visa and has done since January 2010. He is currently on hairdressing course, which as we know is now not on the SOL list. Please can you clarify what we need to do for the next step to keep him on the path to eventual PR?

we have been told by his tafe that his choice is changing to either bricklaying or cabinetmaking courses (although I cant see cabinetmaking on the sol list )

Guidance and support will be greatly appreciated from anyone right now as Im hearing too much conflicting info.

cheers

Cath
Old May 21st 2010, 4:33 am
Just Joined

sadaf_nooreen is an unknown quantity at this point

I submitted my ACS from but result of ACS not announced till now.It takes about few days.May I apply for GSM Visa after assessment result or not.
Old May 21st 2010, 5:24 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sadaf_nooreen
I submitted my ACS from but result of ACS not announced till now.It takes about few days.May I apply for GSM Visa after assessment result or not.
This thread is not for ACS related issues, post your further queries here

You must have positive assessment if you want to apply for GSM.
Old May 21st 2010, 9:26 am
Just Joined

sadaf_nooreen is an unknown quantity at this point

I submitted my ACS form on 4th january 2010.My Assessment is in process.If i have positive Assessment than may i apply for GSM offshore visa before 1st July 2010.As there is a suspension on that related to new SOL.

Thanks

Please reply me i am awaiting
Old May 21st 2010, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Originally Posted by sadaf_nooreen
I submitted my ACS form on 4th january 2010.My Assessment is in process.If i have positive Assessment than may i apply for GSM offshore visa before 1st July 2010.As there is a suspension on that related to new SOL.

Thanks

Please reply me i am awaiting
Sorry noreen , you can not apply for 1st july as there is a suspension on all offshore permanent visas........and after 1st july new SOL will apply........meaning that only people who can use old SOL are the ones who are on onshore in Australia.........sorry for that, I hope things work out for you !
Old May 21st 2010, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Qingpu Li
Hi Cath,

I am sorry to tell you that there was an error at the time of the search of the new SOL. This error occured as I didn't search from the very beginning of the file. Today, I reviewed the new list, I found that Carpenter and Bricklayer and a lot of other trade occupations were still on the new list. I hope that you have checked the list by yourself and hasn't been misled by me.
331111 Bricklayer
331112 Stonemason
331211 Carpenter and Joiner
331212 Carpenter
331213 Joiner
332211 Painting trades workers

Paul

Yeah, I had seen they were on there - but its how to link it into his current course thats the issue and the best move going forward. I think eldoblee could do with the guidance too by the looks of things

cheers

Cath
Old May 22nd 2010, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice
Default New SOL list is only intended and not final?

Has anybody realised that the new SOL is only intended and not complete, i.e. it does not mention how many points to each occupation. For example in old list some occupations were 60, some were 50 and some were 40 points......so it means that immigration is yet to come up with the final SOL, any ideas when?
Old May 22nd 2010, 2:43 pm
Account Closed

roraimap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New SOL list is only intended and not final?

At the end of the fiscal period (30th June) the new system point will be released. So far, you only have the new SOL just to have an idea of what occupations will be considered.
Old May 22nd 2010, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Default Re: New SOL list is only intended and not final?

Originally Posted by roraimap
At the end of the fiscal period (30th June) the new system point will be released. So far, you only have the new SOL just to have an idea of what occupations will be considered.
are they gonna give more than 60 points to any occupation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.