DIMIA PR 2nd Stage

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

finsbury will become famous soon enough
Default DIMIA PR 2nd Stage

Hi folks

I'm on a 309 defacto visa and coming up to the two year point from initial grant. This of course means I have to get through the second DIMIA application stage in the next couple of months. I was just wondering if anyone has been through the second stage recently and wondering how it went. Take it easy.

F
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

SydneyStace will become famous soon enoughSydneyStace will become famous soon enough
Default Re: DIMIA PR 2nd Stage

Hey F,
I submitted my stage 2 docs in December. My 2 years was up on 19th January & I still haven't heard from DIMIA. My case worker said the decision will take a few weeks. You should have been sent your letter & forms a couple of months before your 2 years of when you applied. If you haven't, contact DIMIA to ask.

The 2nd stage isn't half as bad as the first, but still a few forms to fill out & very repetitive.

You still need proof of continuing relationship etc.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give me a shout!
Stace

Originally Posted by finsbury
Hi folks

I'm on a 309 defacto visa and coming up to the two year point from initial grant. This of course means I have to get through the second DIMIA application stage in the next couple of months. I was just wondering if anyone has been through the second stage recently and wondering how it went. Take it easy.

F
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Stace that's really helpful. One thing I would like to ask is whether you were required to forward an Australian police check for the two years since you arrived in Aus. I think you have to but not exactly sure.

My two years aren't up until early May but I thought it was best to ask questions now given how long it took to get the first application together. But glad to hear that its not as bad as the first even with the repetition. Have a good weekend and thanks again.

F

Originally Posted by SydneyStace
Hey F,
I submitted my stage 2 docs in December. My 2 years was up on 19th January & I still haven't heard from DIMIA. My case worker said the decision will take a few weeks. You should have been sent your letter & forms a couple of months before your 2 years of when you applied. If you haven't, contact DIMIA to ask.

The 2nd stage isn't half as bad as the first, but still a few forms to fill out & very repetitive.

You still need proof of continuing relationship etc.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give me a shout!
Stace
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

SydneyStace will become famous soon enoughSydneyStace will become famous soon enough

No worries at all. Yes you do need an APC. They send you the form to fill out & I think it cost about $36 from memory. Get it done asap cos it takes a few weeks to come back. Then you send all your info off to DIMIA & play the waiting game all over again!
I'll be letting everyone know when I get mine, so if you have any questions, just holler!
Have yourself a great weekend too!
Stace

Thanks Stace that's really helpful. One thing I would like to ask is whether you were required to forward an Australian police check for the two years since you arrived in Aus. I think you have to but not exactly sure.

My two years aren't up until early May but I thought it was best to ask questions now given how long it took to get the first application together. But glad to hear that its not as bad as the first even with the repetition. Have a good weekend and thanks again.

F
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 4:42 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks

I'm on a 309 defacto visa and coming up to the two year point from initial grant.
It's two years from when you *applied* for the 309 visa, not when it was granted. DIMA should contact you a few months before that, if they don't make sure you contact them.

You can sort out an Australian police check now (to save time) - use form 1101 from the DIMA site, and maybe also visit http://www.afp.gov.au

You should also get police checks for any other countries where you have spent more than a few months since getting your 309 visa. If you're from the UK, it's worth getting a new UK police check, just in case they ask for it.

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Feb 3rd 2006 at 4:45 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

Thanks very much Stace and Jeremy for taking the time to get back to me. It's very much appreciated and I'm very grateful. Take it easy.

F
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Hey Folks

Just to follow up on my original message, I was wondering if anyone has any info on how long the second stage should take? Coming up to six weeks since I submitted my application and haven't heard anything back. Was curious as to what point I should think of chasing up. Thanks

F
Old Jun 14th 2006, 3:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Folks

Just to follow up on my original message, I was wondering if anyone has any info on how long the second stage should take? Coming up to six weeks since I submitted my application and haven't heard anything back. Was curious as to what point I should think of chasing up. Thanks

F
Heres my timeline - applying through Brisbane:

Request from DIMA received early in New Year 2006
Papers submitted to DIMA 19/1/06
Two year "anniversary" 24/2/06
PR Visa granted 5/4/06

Hope this helps
Old Jun 14th 2006, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
Mine took about 6 weeks, but I know others have taken longer!

Good luck!
Stace
Hey Folks

F
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Hi Pollyanna & Stace

Thanks very much for taking the time to get back. Will wait and see a bit longer and then take things from there. Sounds roughly like the three month mark is what to expect. Funny, not really nervous about it but I'll be glad when its sorted nonetheless. Take it easy and hope you're having a good day.

F
Old Jun 16th 2006, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

No worries, yeah don't get stressed about it, I think it's normal procedure to wait a while. It's good to have it sorted, then no more proving yourself to DIMIA!!

Good Luck!
Stace

Hi Pollyanna & Stace

Thanks very much for taking the time to get back. Will wait and see a bit longer and then take things from there. Sounds roughly like the three month mark is what to expect. Funny, not really nervous about it but I'll be glad when its sorted nonetheless. Take it easy and hope you're having a good day.

F
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I got my permanent PR last week. I applied on 11 May so that's a little over four months to get things sorted. I ended up having to chase DIMIA up due to a change in work circumstances which required me to get full PR by next month. Have to say that I found DIMIA quite helpful and responsive when I finally got round to speaking to the person that I needed to speak to. Good luck and best wishes to everyone who is in the process of applying.

F
Old Sep 27th 2006, 2:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks

Just to let you know that I got my permanent PR last week. I applied on 11 May so that's a little over four months to get things sorted. I ended up having to chase DIMIA up due to a change in work circumstances which required me to get full PR by next month. Have to say that I found DIMIA quite helpful and responsive when I finally got round to speaking to the person that I needed to speak to. Good luck and best wishes to everyone who is in the process of applying.

F
Congratulation really pleased for you. Got mine back in April - no more forms thank goodness.

I'm impressed that you got DIMA to fast track you - I was in much the same position, needed PR confirmed as soon as I was eligible, but DIMA refused point blank. i lost the job over it. C'est la vie and all that - well done to you!!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys.

The 2nd stage was easy. Its just proof/evidence that you are still in a continuing relationship, 2 stat decs from friends/family who have to be australian residents, stat dec from you and your partner and the police report. Defintely apply for the police report early as that took about 4 weeks to come back to me.
I sent off my visa application and then had letter about 3 weeks later to tell me that it had been granted (yesssss!!!).
Then just a quick trip to immigration in sydney to get the sticker in my passport.
I contacted immigration 2 years after i applied for my original spouse visa and they had sent my forms about 2 days before (I was impressed!!) Dont forget to fill in change of details form (found on the immigration website) if you change address.

Good luck

su
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Congratulation really pleased for you. Got mine back in April - no more forms thank goodness.

I'm impressed that you got DIMA to fast track you - I was in much the same position, needed PR confirmed as soon as I was eligible, but DIMA refused point blank. i lost the job over it. C'est la vie and all that - well done to you!!
Hi Pollyana

Jeez that's annoying isn't it?!

I was very surprised that i actually got to speak the person that I needed to speak to and that he was very responsive to my situation. I tried emailing the case officer and to be fair he did reply but I don't think he quite understood the point that I was trying to get across. So emailed again and heard nothing. Phoned the 131 number, more out of desperation than anything else, and the call centre guy phoned through to the case officer. Case officer wasn't available but left a message on system to call back.

I must admit I did think that nothing was going to happen but I got a call at 08:00 the following working day from the case officer who was very understanding and informative. He said that there was a backlog with processing applications but that he knew the information required for my decision had come back. So he said that he would look at it that week and probably get back to me the following week with a decision. Again, I was a bit sceptical, but low and behold, a week later the letter arrives and everything is sorted. Was very pleasantly suprised and very relieved for that matter.

I hope things have worked out work wise since losing that job and hope that all is well.

F

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.