Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Dimia Have Checked Work Refs-what Does This Mean????

Wikiposts

Dimia Have Checked Work Refs-what Does This Mean????

Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:13 am
Just Joined

sgaurav40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dimia Have Checked Work Refs-what Does This Mean????

I had launched my application when I was in India.Someone from the embassy came and checked a reference for my wife in a remote part of India.It was unbelievable...I am not claiming any spouse points either...Not sure why they would do that...I have worked in US,India and am currently in the UK...If they are going to check each and every reference...its going to be a long one for us I guess...:-(
Old Jun 20th 2004, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

goodie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sgaurav40
I had launched my application when I was in India.Someone from the embassy came and checked a reference for my wife in a remote part of India.It was unbelievable...I am not claiming any spouse points either...Not sure why they would do that...I have worked in US,India and am currently in the UK...If they are going to check each and every reference...its going to be a long one for us I guess...:-(
If you didn't claim points for your wife's skills, why did your wife have to give a job reference in the first place?
Old Jun 21st 2004, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

gordys is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a visit about 2 months ago (London) and eventaully received PCC and med request today. Your timing sounds a lot faster than mine though - it's been about 10 months to the day. The AHC void a lot of applications due to fraudulent references/companies so as long as everything on your application is ligit, "no worries"

Originally posted by JIVEBABE
Hi everyone, I need some help from some-one who has gone before me! Yesterday, Dimia called my husband's work just to check on his references etc. I immediately thought, hang on-our case was meant to be sitting in a filing cabinet some-where for the next 4-6 months! (we only applied march 04)-if some-one is ringing checking details-does this mean we have a case officer? does this mean we are being processed? Can we expect the medicals request soon??????? Please some-one tell me what this means-the wait is killing me already but I had resigned myself to a long wait so I am now getting quite excited at the prospect of the wait being almost over-am I jumping the gun? Has this happened to anyone else? How long did you wait afterwards for the meds to arrive?
Old Jun 21st 2004, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

holdingon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by gordys
I had a visit about 2 months ago (London) and eventaully received PCC and med request today. Your timing sounds a lot faster than mine though - it's been about 10 months to the day. The AHC void a lot of applications due to fraudulent references/companies so as long as everything on your application is ligit, "no worries"
Gordys, did someone from DIMA visit all your previous employers or just the present employer?
Old Jun 21st 2004, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

I've been with my current company for 5 years and they had absolutely no interest in any of the others with regard to the visit - so no, present employer only.

Originally posted by holdingon
Gordys, did someone from DIMA visit all your previous employers or just the present employer?
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

holdingon is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been with my current company for 5 years and they had absolutely no interest in any of the others with regard to the visit - so no, present employer only.

I am with my present employer for nearly two years. Because DIMA need proof for 3 years work experience will they visit my previous employer?
Old Jun 21st 2004, 10:29 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

I think these checks are going to be more focused on contries such as India, Asia etc where fraudelant applications are more rife. That does not mean that checks anywhere else will not happen but if you have nothing to hide, then you should be fine.

Rob

Originally posted by holdingon
I am with my present employer for nearly two years. Because DIMA need proof for 3 years work experience will they visit my previous employer?
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

It has been about 1 month since they contacted my husband's previous employer. Dont know if they have contacted his current one but we have absolutley nothing to hide! There is hope for getting our meds and pc requests soon then! I hope so as we decided to market our house due to the predicted house price stagnation and it sold within 24 hours so we now have to rent somewhere unless we hear something soon-still at least we can go when we get it now. I wouldn't want to have the visa and not be able to move cos the house wont sell!

Please look at us next DIMIA!
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Having the house out the way is a huge bonus. Rather rent short-term than stress about selling at the last minute. It'll all come together in the end.

Originally posted by JIVEBABE
It has been about 1 month since they contacted my husband's previous employer. Dont know if they have contacted his current one but we have absolutley nothing to hide! There is hope for getting our meds and pc requests soon then! I hope so as we decided to market our house due to the predicted house price stagnation and it sold within 24 hours so we now have to rent somewhere unless we hear something soon-still at least we can go when we get it now. I wouldn't want to have the visa and not be able to move cos the house wont sell!

Please look at us next DIMIA!
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 12:31 pm

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone
I think these checks are going to be more focused on contries such as India, Asia etc where fraudelant applications are more rife. That does not mean that checks anywhere else will not happen but if you have nothing to hide, then you should be fine.

Rob
Rob,

It is not the factor of fradulent references. In countries like India, most of the companies are not favourable to the employee once he/she resigns from that company. They don't encourage the employee to leave them very soon. But normally the fresh graduates used to switch company very often, even breaking the bond/contract with the companies. That is why a lot of applicants from these area is bit worried on DIMIAs move to check all the employer references. Moreover it will cause job security problem with the current employer also. They are too much orthodox minded when compared to the Westerners.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

flowerkris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Prince1975
Rob,

It is not the factor of fradulent references. In countries like India, most of the companies are not favourable to the employee once he/she resigns from that company. They don't encourage the employee to leave them very soon. But normally the fresh graduates used to switch company very often, even breaking the bond/contract with the companies. That is why a lot of applicants from these area is bit worried on DIMIAs move to check all the employer references. Moreover it will cause job security problem with the current employer also. They are too much orthodox minded when compared to the Westerners.
I fully agreed with prince.
Employers may give false information to DIMIA to avoid people to resign from them.

This may be a disaster for applicants.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

you do get to meet the person from AHC who arrives at your current place of employment (at least I did) so if there are any issues with "rogue" comments or false info, you can set it straight right then and there. My work wasn't aware of my intended move and the expression " dog balls eyes" comes to mind. I had a very convincing cover up story but I'm sure they're on to me.

Originally posted by flowerkris
I fully agreed with prince.
Employers may give false information to DIMIA to avoid people to resign from them.

This may be a disaster for applicants.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:22 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

you do get to meet the person from AHC who arrives at your current place of employment (at least I did) so if there are any issues with "rogue" comments or false info, you can set it straight right then and there. My work wasn't aware of my intended move and the expression " dog balls eyes" comes to mind. I had a very convincing cover up story but I'm sure they're on to me.
Can I ask what does AHC stand for?
Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:22 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

AHC - Australian High Commission

Originally posted by snappy