DIMIA checklist-confused

Old May 23rd 2005, 10:38 am
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute
Question DIMIA checklist-confused

hi there, hope someone can help and point me in the right direction.

i will submitting my 136 SI visa hopefully in the next 2 weeks. I'm just a bit confused over the checklists that DIMIA supply.
I have the new checklist which says you have to folio and number your application from the bottom up etc, but, do you still have to submit the checklist in booklet 6?

Also, on the new checklist it only asks for the bio page for your passport, but in booklet 6 it asks for all pages that are not blank!

any help from anyone who has recently submitted their application gratefully received.

Tinka
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

teddy78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIMIA checklist-confused

use the checklist for 136 (table format) with dividers if possible.
booklet 6 checklist is just for information. you don't have to print it out and attach.

all non-blank pages of your passport should be copied and certified. In my case, my CO even asked all the pages (inclu. blank pages) later. I would say bio page only is not enough for the submission.
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:58 am
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teddy78
use the checklist for 136 (table format) with dividers if possible.
booklet 6 checklist is just for information. you don't have to print it out and attach.

all non-blank pages of your passport should be copied and certified. In my case, my CO even asked all the pages (inclu. blank pages) later. I would say bio page only is not enough for the submission.
thanks for your help,

I've photocopied all non blank pages just to make sure, but I think I'm beginning to get paranoid about every thing!
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

teddy78 is an unknown quantity at this point

take your time. it'd be difficult to undo errors with DIMIA.
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Hi Tinka,

Could you tell me where you got this checklist from. I have seen other posts about it but can't find it anywhere. I've downloaded booklet 6 so I've got that checklist and also downloaded the application forms and I thought the other checklist might be with that, but it isn't. Is there a link to it? If anyone can help, I'd be grateful.

Thanks.
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

hunser is on a distinguished road

You can get the latest DIMIA 136 Checklist here

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...klists/136.pdf

Regards, Paul
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hunser

Regards, Paul
Didnt know anything about this when I sent my application. I simply put all of my paperwork, application and additional documents in 1 envelope, no index and not numbered. Hope it will be OK, they have had it for over 3 weeks now and I've not heard anything to say it is wrong!
Old May 24th 2005, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Originally Posted by hunser

Regards, Paul

Thanks for that, Paul. Your're a life saver!!!
Old May 24th 2005, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

angelico will become famous soon enoughangelico will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paulb
Didnt know anything about this when I sent my application. I simply put all of my paperwork, application and additional documents in 1 envelope, no index and not numbered. Hope it will be OK, they have had it for over 3 weeks now and I've not heard anything to say it is wrong!
hi paulb,

Same here. I didnt know about this check-list when I sent my application. I did the same thing as you did, placed it all in one envelope, no dividers or tags. Though I did mentioned on my cover letter how I arranged the papers from top to bottom.

DIMIA have had my application for 4 weeks now, I got acknowledgement and credit card charged. Other than that, I havent heard a thing from them.
Old May 24th 2005, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

klmar is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: DIMIA checklist-confused

[What does FOLIO mean?
Old May 24th 2005, 1:59 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Hi Paul

Same here. I didnt do anything else other than fill in the form and send all the paperwork in 1 envelope. They have had it for 4 weeks and ackowledged and charged me. Nothing else. Have meds on Friday and really hope everything is okay.
They should let us know, don't you think?

Ang
Old May 24th 2005, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi Paul

Same here. I didnt do anything else other than fill in the form and send all the paperwork in 1 envelope. They have had it for 4 weeks and ackowledged and charged me. Nothing else. Have meds on Friday and really hope everything is okay.
They should let us know, don't you think?

Ang

Angelico,
I didnt put a covering letter in either!!

Good luck with the meds Ang, not as bad as you think. Yes I think they would have let us know if we had done it wrong. Hope so anyway!!

Paul
Old May 24th 2005, 5:07 pm
playing the angel

Smile Re: DIMIA checklist-confused

Originally Posted by angelico
hi paulb,

Same here. I didnt know about this check-list when I sent my application. I did the same thing as you did, placed it all in one envelope, no dividers or tags. Though I did mentioned on my cover letter how I arranged the papers from top to bottom.

DIMIA have had my application for 4 weeks now, I got acknowledgement and credit card charged. Other than that, I havent heard a thing from them.
It's beginning to sound like DIMIA aren't too strict on this new checklist because it's been around for a while by the looks of things.

I think if you submit it, it will make your case officers life a little easier, but if you haven't then I wouldn't worry!!

god luck to all with recent applications in

Tinkaxx