Wikiposts

DIMA Verification

Old Jan 19th 2004, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

holdingon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DIMA Verification

How does DIMA contact the employers to give the 10 points?

Does DIMA call up the employers?

I don't want my employer to know about my immigration plan, at least I am granted the visa.

Does DIMA always contact the employers or is it done in case of doubt?

Thanks.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 7:48 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIMA Verification

Varies... but always assume they will.

Whether they do will depend on how much your application relies on that reference , your country , random checks etc

Originally posted by holdingon
How does DIMA contact the employers to give the 10 points?

Does DIMA call up the employers?

I don't want my employer to know about my immigration plan, at least I am granted the visa.

Does DIMA always contact the employers or is it done in case of doubt?

Thanks.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 8:00 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Dimia can call on the signatories of the work references you supply.
How often they actually do this varies but the advice above is quite right - assume they will and you cant go wrong.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

gingerlion is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Richard Gregan
Dimia can call on the signatories of the work references you supply.
How often they actually do this varies but the advice above is quite right - assume they will and you cant go wrong.
So could you use a friend at work as a signatory stating that he is more senior than you. Or will they check his position in relation to you with your HR department?
Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:26 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gingerlion
So could you use a friend at work as a signatory stating that he is more senior than you. Or will they check his position in relation to you with your HR department?
I'm pretty sure you need your line manage or at least somebody who could be called 'your boss'.
Old Mar 20th 2004, 4:05 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi holdingon,

I got my team leader to do my reference, I typed in the words, he checked it was all true & signed it.

The HR said it didn't do references so it had to be worded as a "Reference for emmigration purposes"
I think ke had a few arguments with his boss & HR about it because it just couldn't be called a "reference."

I don't know if DIMA always contact the employers, they didn't in my case but they could.

Bye
Mark