Wikiposts

DIMA ACS Work experience advice please!

Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about
Default DIMA ACS Work experience advice please!

Hi all

Once a person gets accepted for ACS granted its a 60 point profession, & they apply to DIMA with the minimum 120 points to qualify for skilled independant 136. To get this DIMA have to grant the applicant 10 points for having relevant work experience.

Now, is it correct that the person has to have worked 12 out of 18 months in the relevant profession they have applied against? Is there any other criteria?

Also does the paperwork forwarded to DIMA have to be the same as what was given to ACS? Also included organisational chart & salary & recent wageslip (or can these be ignored?).

Any help is appreciated!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:49 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: DIMA ACS Work experience advice please!

For points (10) for recent work experience you will have needed to work in ANY occupation that is on the SOL for 3 out of the last 4 years provided that your occupation is 60 points. Its as simple as that

The documents that i sent to TRA for my skills assessment will be the same documents that i send to dimia for my visa application.

Hope that helps

Last edited by Rob Morton-Jone; Oct 28th 2004 at 2:38 am.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:16 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
For points for recent work experience you will have needed to work in ANY occupation that is on the SOL for 12 out of the last 18 months provided that your occupation is 60 points. Its as simple as that
that is one of the criteria to meet for the basic requirements (see top of p6 booklet 6)

For the 10 points you need to have worked in your nominated occupation (or closely related 60point occupation) for 3 out of the 4 yr immediately before applying. If it is any occupation off the SOL worked 3 out of last 4 then it is worth 5points (again clearly stated in booklet 6 p36, where you will also find a checklist of documents to send)
Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the response guys, Rob I think Walaj is correct.
I thought there was a difference for 5/10 points.

I think personally if you get 60 points from ACS & meet the 3 out of 4 years experience then DIMA should accept me for 10 points. though is there something about working past 12 months out of 18. Again that shouldnt be a problem for me. Just wanted clarification - Looking ahead I guess.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 12:28 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dmartyos
Hi all

Once a person gets accepted for ACS granted its a 60 point profession, & they apply to DIMA with the minimum 120 points to qualify for skilled independant 136. To get this DIMA have to grant the applicant 10 points for having relevant work experience.
It is possible in some cases to reach 120 without the 10 points for work experience. It's also possible to get only 5 points for work experience.

Now, is it correct that the person has to have worked 12 out of 18 months in the relevant profession they have applied against?
There is a basic requirement for skilled work experience - if you do not meet this the application will be refused before they even *look* at the points test.

Work experience for basic requirement can be in any skilled occupation (explained in the Skilled Migration Booklet).

Is there any other criteria?
Yes there are other basic requirements - explained in the Skilled Migration Booklet.

Also does the paperwork forwarded to DIMA have to be the same as what was given to ACS? Also included organisational chart & salary & recent wageslip (or can these be ignored?).
DIMIA will expect to see a copy of all documentation supplied to ACS. Additional documentation will be required - the checklist for form 47SK is a good guide.

Jeremy