Dilemma

Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Abster21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dilemma

I am in abit of a dilemma, me and my family (mother & brother) want to move to Australia but I am not sure what kind of visa I would be looking for as I am 21 and want to do my teacher training at a University there, however the international fees are very expensive. So I am wondering is there anyway I could be on the same visa as my family (is there even a family visa?!). Any advice on what to do would be very helpful!

Cheers
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:27 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dilemma

Originally Posted by Abster21 View Post
I am in abit of a dilemma, me and my family (mother & brother) want to move to Australia but I am not sure what kind of visa I would be looking for as I am 21 and want to do my teacher training at a University there, however the international fees are very expensive. So I am wondering is there anyway I could be on the same visa as my family (is there even a family visa?!). Any advice on what to do would be very helpful!

Cheers
Who would be the main visa applicant and also how old is your mother?
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Abster21 is an unknown quantity at this point

My mother would be the main visa application, she is a nurse and is 50. I have heard that for New Zealand (our second option) I can go on a family visa if I show that I will be in Education!

Last edited by Abster21; Feb 10th 2009 at 11:34 am.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:38 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

My mother would be the main visa application, she is a nurse and is 50. I have heard that for New Zealand (our second option) I can go on a family visa if I show that I will be in Education!
The general skilled migration programme is only open to people aged under 45.

You need to have a look here and see if there are any other visas that are suitable.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/

Also for specific info related to nursing look here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/medic...ons-nurses.htm

Definitely look into the 457 visa.

You would need to show though that you and your brother (if he is also over 18) are 'substantially relaint' on your mother for basic needs.

I think in your case you should definitely be speaking to a qualified migration agent to assess your options.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:56 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Why not do your university training in the UK , your 21 there is plenty of time to train up get experience and go. Have that brother of yours do something decent while you do that as well.

Nursing is one of those things that will always be in demand.