Difficulties in TRA Assessment

Old Feb 13th 2002, 4:22 pm
Genedi

Hi all!

This is on behalf of my brother. He has been working as a telecommunication
Supervisor. After completion his three years diploma of associate engineer he joined
as a trainee under the designation of Engineering Supervisor Phones. After training
his job responsibilities were similar to the task mentioned in SOL (General
communication tradesperson Job Code; 4316-11)

When I contact TRA they replied that since his job title does not indicate his job as
atrdesperson therefore he could not be qualified for Australian immigration.

My question to all expert, Is there any way that we can convince TRA that despite his
job designation his work responsibilities and the task were similar as it is
mentioned in SOL.

I would appreciaate any information regarding this matter.

Thanks in advance. Best Regards, TJ

Old Feb 15th 2002, 1:05 am
Twigley69

Default Re: Difficulties in TRA Assessment

hi there, I recommend you or your brother speaks to Glenn Newton, hes a great guy and
personally speaking is very good at his job, he deals with this sort of problem
[email protected]

i think thats the address for him

cheers shaun & lottie

"Genedi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all!
    >
    > This is on behalf of my brother. He has been working as a telecommunication
    > Supervisor. After completion his three years diploma of associate engineer he
    > joined as a trainee under the designation of Engineering Supervisor Phones. After
    > training his job responsibilities were similar to the task mentioned in SOL
    > (General communication tradesperson Job Code; 4316-11)
    >
    > When I contact TRA they replied that since his job title does not indicate his job
    > as atrdesperson therefore he could not be qualified for Australian immigration.
    >
    > My question to all expert, Is there any way that we can convince TRA that despite
    > his job designation his work responsibilities and the task were similar as it is
    > mentioned in SOL.
    >
    > I would appreciaate any information regarding this matter.
    >
    > Thanks in advance. Best Regards, TJ

Old Feb 15th 2002, 8:45 pm
Alan

i have had successful tre as general comunications tradesperson with no
qualifications just experience so if you want to email me i will let you know how i
did it and what information i supplied cheers Alan

Genedi <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hi all!
    >
    > joined as a trainee under the designation of Engineering Supervisor Phones. After
    >
    > When I contact TRA they replied that since his job title does not indicate his job
    > as atrdesperson therefore he could not be qualified for Australian immigration.
    >
    > My question to all expert, Is there any way that we can convince TRA that despite
    > his job designation his work responsibilities and the task were similar as it is
    > mentioned in SOL.
    >
    >

Old Feb 19th 2002, 8:22 am
Just Joined

mincey will become famous soon enoughmincey will become famous soon enough

Hi Alan, Iam also applying under the General Communications Tradesperson and was wondering if you could give me an example of your application.

thanks

Kevin
Old Nov 17th 2006, 12:12 am
Just Joined

helpmate is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alan,

I know its too late...but i would really appreciate if you have still have a copy of your TRA applciation for General Communications Tradeperson and you could send me some information.

As i am applying to TRA for skill assessment but don't know how to start because TRA has already refused my friends applciation for the same.

Originally Posted by Alan
i have had successful tre as general comunications tradesperson with no
qualifications just experience so if you want to email me i will let you know how i
did it and what information i supplied cheers Alan

Genedi <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hi all!
    >
    >
    >
    > mentioned in SOL.
    >
    >
Old Nov 17th 2006, 7:55 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is the longest period of time I have seen elapse since a person resurrected a discussion thread - more than 4 and a half years since the last posting!

If you (helpmate) are having problems bringing together your skills assessment application I recommend you consider engaging professional assistance that identifies and focuses on your specific attributes, qualifications, work experience, etc rather than basing an application on what others have submitted (which will inevitably be specific to their employment history).

Best regards.

Originally Posted by helpmate
Hi Alan,

I know its too late...but i would really appreciate if you have still have a copy of your TRA applciation for General Communications Tradeperson and you could send me some information.

As i am applying to TRA for skill assessment but don't know how to start because TRA has already refused my friends applciation for the same.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 8:51 am
Just Joined

helpmate is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mincey

Did you get your skill assessment in 2002 by TRA as communixcations tradeperson. if possible could you please send me a copy of your application as i also wish to apply for the same trade and i amnot sure where to start.

Originally Posted by mincey
Hi Alan, Iam also applying under the General Communications Tradesperson and was wondering if you could give me an example of your application.

thanks

Kevin