Different timescales for different visas?

Old Oct 15th 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Question Different timescales for different visas?

Hi,

We have just been informed by our Migration Agent that our Visa application has been lodged today. She has told us that it could be 6-8 months before a CO is assigned. We are applying on a Skilled Permanent Visa (not sure what number this is). I have noticed that some people have had their CO assigned after 2-3 months, some earlier, and some later.
Do the timescales involved differ dependent on the type of visa applied for, such a employer sponsored, skilled temporary etc...?

Thanks guys.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all
Default Re: Different timescales for different visas?

Hi

Great news about your application.

It does depend on the visa type and your job to how soon you get a CO, if you are on the MODL list them you get it quicker than those on the SOL list, and also sponsorships are faster again because the employer needs them asap.

Hope this helps some.
Good luck with everything and hope you dont wait too long.

Becky
Old Oct 15th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by yellowmellow
Hi

Great news about your application.

It does depend on the visa type and your job to how soon you get a CO, if you are on the MODL list them you get it quicker than those on the SOL list, and also sponsorships are faster again because the employer needs them asap.

Hope this helps some.
Good luck with everything and hope you dont wait too long.

Becky
Becky,

Thanks for the very quick reply. We are going on my wife's occupation (Child Care Coordinator) which is on the Occupations in Demand List. Will this maybe shorten the times involved?

Regards,
Darren
Old Oct 15th 2007, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

I was lead to believe that if you were on the MODL list then you were given preferential treatment and pushed through a little faster than those on any of the other 3 lists.

But it wont happen as fast as the employer sponsored ones i have heard of some 136 visa's going through in 6-9 months and others taking 18. So sorry i cant be of any more help with the 136 visa, but there are plenty of people on here that will be able to give you a more definite answer.

Hope all goes well

Becky
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:52 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

In-demand occupations are given about 2 weeks of "priority" according to recent statistics, I believe it more depends on the electronic or paper path that you chosen. Paper applications indeed wait for over 6 months according to other threads on this forum, electronic ones seem to be getting their CO's much quicker.
NJ
Old Oct 16th 2007, 12:59 am
Just Joined

Mike Physick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newjersey
In-demand occupations are given about 2 weeks of "priority" according to recent statistics, I believe it more depends on the electronic or paper path that you chosen. Paper applications indeed wait for over 6 months according to other threads on this forum, electronic ones seem to be getting their CO's much quicker.
NJ
Hello,

I am on a 120 Class Labour Agreement with the Royal Australian Air Force. All that was sorted in Jan and all applications, meds, PCCs sent. CO assigned 15 March 07 and the lovely Form 80s submitted for checking on 24 April. Since then, nothing and we are still waiting....
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:18 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mike,
All that seems to be different with the e-visas is that we get the CO assigned quicker than the paper applicants. I can not imagine the rest of the process being any different. I saw some threads on SIR visas, same things happened - quick med request and then nothingness for months. Oh well, just keep on waiting I say, it will come around one of these days.
NJ
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:46 am
Just Joined

Mike Physick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by newjersey
Hi Mike,
All that seems to be different with the e-visas is that we get the CO assigned quicker than the paper applicants. I can not imagine the rest of the process being any different. I saw some threads on SIR visas, same things happened - quick med request and then nothingness for months. Oh well, just keep on waiting I say, it will come around one of these days.
NJ
NJ,

You are right. Got to keep the faith I suppose. Found this last night after a lot of digging:

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agen...rant-times.pdf

all a year+ out of date but I can't see things being any quicker this year!

I just keep thinking that every day holds more probability of an e-mail than the previous one.

Mike
Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:15 am

Yeah, saw this paper - the grant times can't get any quicker by themselves, hopefully the self-service on scanning and documents upload for the new permanent visas will free up some DIAC resources for more meaningful tasks than operating a scanner button. Also, there is about 20% increase year-on-year in the number of applications (from another report I read) very much across the board, so current times would be at least same.......

Re. probability - it is always 50% - it will either come or not. Joking,

NJ