Wikiposts

did i get PR?

Old Sep 23rd 2007, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

impulsive11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default did i get PR?

Hi,

I am a Dec'06 applicant and I was assigned CO around 2 months ago. I had front loaded everything and he didn't ask for anything.

I am in Australia already and my visa expires at the end of this month and I already got COE from my university for an extra semester to extend the visa in case my PR doesn't come by Sep end. They told me to apply for my visa online a week before expiry.

I started my visa application a few minutes ago and it won't let me proceed after I enter my details and I get a message to contact DIAC which I will do tomorrow.

Does that mean my PR is already in system and that's why it wont let me lodge a student visa extension?? I have the feeling that I have got PR.

What do you guys thing? Anyone with similar experience?
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: did i get PR?

Originally Posted by impulsive11
Hi,

I am a Dec'06 applicant and I was assigned CO around 2 months ago. I had front loaded everything and he didn't ask for anything.

I am in Australia already and my visa expires at the end of this month and I already got COE from my university for an extra semester to extend the visa in case my PR doesn't come by Sep end. They told me to apply for my visa online a week before expiry.

I started my visa application a few minutes ago and it won't let me proceed after I enter my details and I get a message to contact DIAC which I will do tomorrow.

Does that mean my PR is already in system and that's why it wont let me lodge a student visa extension?? I have the feeling that I have got PR.

Anyone guys?? Can't wait till tomorrow. I hope its just not a system glitch and I have the PR.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 10:28 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone guys?? Can't wait till tomorrow. I hope its just not a system glitch and I have the PR.
Considering you only waited 17 minutes between posts, you may want to relax a bit. Maybe nobody knows the answer to your question?
My own feeling is that DIAC wants you to contact them.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Considering you only waited 17 minutes between posts, you may want to relax a bit. Maybe nobody knows the answer to your question?
My own feeling is that DIAC wants you to contact them.
Hi Dorothy,

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry but I am getting a bit tense and nervous - will take care in the future.

Apart from PR, why would they want to get in touch with me and specially when the PR is about to come anyways?

Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

louise-ni will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Hi there!

Well I gotta know ...... did you get PR????????

We were thinking of going down the student route to get PR at the end ..... did it work out for you?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by louise-ni
Hi there!

Well I gotta know ...... did you get PR????????

We were thinking of going down the student route to get PR at the end ..... did it work out for you?
We contacted DIAC yesterday and apparently its a system glitch which is preventing people from applying online.

I had to put in atleast 6-7 hours today to fill out the paper form, make photocopies, get them certified and then go to city office and submit the application.

Our PR case is not through student route but a 136 application and we might take the student route in November to go to a bridging visa if our PR doesn't come by that time.

On its own, I don't think student route is a good idea. They change rule every few months and I know many people who studied a particular subject for 2 years only to realize a few months before graduation that new rules disqualify them from applying.

Thanks