Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

DIAC Applications pre July 2012 -Status,Speculation & unanswerable questions (merged)

DIAC Applications pre July 2012 -Status,Speculation & unanswerable questions (merged)

Old Jun 11th 2012, 10:33 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Which calendar do you base that estimation on? Gregorian, Mayan, Dorothyan?
'oH Daq tlhIngan (That's Klingon for those who don't speak Galactic)
Old Jun 11th 2012, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

khanyawar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
1) There is an allocation dates page on the DIAC site. You can find it by going on said website & searching for "allocation dates". It comes up quite quickly. Since I'm in a good mood, I'll link it for you here.

2) This is not a timeline site. There's no way anyone's going to be able to tell you when to expect a CO, as no two applications are the same. This process can be quite long, so try not to get caught up in the timeline/"when will I get a CO?" malarkey. You'll drive yourself bonkers! You've lodged your application & submitted your documents, now sit back & just wait for DIAC to do their job. Try & put the immigration stuff to the back of your mind & carry on with everyday life. That was the best thing I've learned from here.
Thanks for your response. i just asked cuz i dont see what harm can it cause if ppl share their experiences about when they got their CO allocated here. I know its not definative.

Last edited by khanyawar; Jun 11th 2012 at 10:44 am.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khanyawar
Thanks for your response. i just asked cuz i dont see what harm can it cause if ppl share their experiences about when they got their CO allocated here. I know its not definative.
It does a lot of harm. Too many people hear a timescale and then get completely stressed because theirs is slower than someone elses. It's all completely irrelevant anyway. Everyone is individual, everyone's application is individual and even if two people have similar histories, similar experience, blah blah blah, even if they somehow have the same CO, the timescale could well be completely different.

Anyway regardless of that, as MrsGreenstar said and as it says in the red sticky 'read me' threads at the top, this is not a timeline site and as such there is no point discussing it further.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Siaki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Processing TIme

Hello everyone!!! again..

with regards to the visa processing time:

1. from xperience can someone tell me if it actually takes a full 6 months before they tell you if the visa is granted?
2. Can it take less than 6 months if paperwork is in order?
3. After the visa is granted, normally how long do they give you in order to 'activate' it?

thanks!!!
Siaki
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing TIme

Originally Posted by Siaki
1. from xperience can someone tell me if it actually takes a full 6 months before they tell you if the visa is granted?
Yes they could, but it is of little relevance to any other visa application.
It will take as long as it takes.
3. After the visa is granted, normally how long do they give you in order to 'activate' it?
Initial entry date is normally 12 months after either the medical or police check, whichever is earlier.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 12:15 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing TIme

Hello everyone!!! again..

with regards to the visa processing time:

thanks!!!
Siaki
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743661

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Yes they could, but it is of little relevance to any other visa application.It will take as long as it takes.Initial entry date is normally 12 months after either the medical or police check, whichever is earlier.
+1
Old Jun 25th 2012, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Siaki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIAC Application Status, Speculation & other unanswerable questions (merged)

hey thanks and truly sorry!
i didnt mean to cause a problem.

Thank you
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

aali-01 is just really niceaali-01 is just really niceaali-01 is just really niceaali-01 is just really niceaali-01 is just really niceaali-01 is just really niceaali-01 is just really niceaali-01 is just really nice
Default Days to go after medical and character certifiacte notification

Hi Guys,
i received a notification from OZ immigration dept to submit the medical and character certificate. i received the notification on 26th may and 25th June was the last date to send all the documents. i sent my medical certificates. For the character certificates, i needed to send them the certificates from all the places/countries that i have been living in for the past 10 years. now, there is one country that was still pending for the certificate and i sent the receipt for that country (as per stated in the document). The tenure for that country is 1 year. 2011-2012. Getting the character certificate for this mentioned year still needs 1-2 months.
my questions
1 - How much time does it usually take to get te final visa call, after the submission date for medical and character certificates.
2- Would they consider to process the visa only AFTER i have submitted the character certificate for the above mentioned one year ?

i need to plan accordingly.
thanks in advance.
cheers.

Last edited by aali-01; Jul 2nd 2012 at 3:39 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 5:44 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Days to go after medical and character certifiacte notification

They won't grant the visa until they have all your PCC's and how long after they receive it 'til they grant the visa - no one could possibly say. It could be days, weeks or months.

Best of luck.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Nigel72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Status "Met"

Does the status "met" indicate that not only the submitted document has been deemed as sufficient evidence, but also that the underlying requirements corresponding to that particular document (i.e. points test or basic requirements) have also been met?

Thank you, All!
Old Jul 20th 2012, 1:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Status "Met"

Originally Posted by Nigel72
Does the status "met" indicate that not only the submitted document has been deemed as sufficient evidence, but also that the underlying requirements corresponding to that particular document (i.e. points test or basic requirements) have also been met?

Thank you, All!
It just means that someone - a CO, Admin officer, Support officer etc - has changed the status to "Met". Don't read any more into it than that. Some people have had their status say Met when they haven't submitted documents, some have it saying Documents required when their visas have been granted.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Nigel72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIAC Application Status, Speculation & other unanswerable questions (merged)

So, at what point does a Case Officer make a preliminary assessment? i.e. when do they assess your file against the basic requirements and points test?
Old Jul 20th 2012, 11:49 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

So, at what point does a Case Officer make a preliminary assessment? i.e. when do they assess your file against the basic requirements and points test?
There is no way anyone here will be able to tell you when you're going to get any kind of assessment by a CO.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 6:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

When they decide to pick up your file and start working on it.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 3:21 am
Just Joined

coool is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Everything is "Met" except medical forms

Hi all,

I have lodged my application before 2 and half months and they have recently requested for PCC and medical. I can see PCC and all other with "Met" status except Form 160EH and 26EH which are still in "Requested" status. However, I can see medical report received message.

So, can anyone tell me how much time will it take to check and finalize the medical as for me process looks too quick!

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.