Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

DIAC Applications pre July 2012 -Status,Speculation & unanswerable questions (merged)

DIAC Applications pre July 2012 -Status,Speculation & unanswerable questions (merged)

Old Mar 21st 2011, 5:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIAC Application Status and other unanswerable questions (merged threads)

Threads merged
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

vxm665 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Would it possible to get the status of the application by calling to DIAC?

Hi,

I have sent few emails over the last month regarding the status of my application. However, I haven't got any reply at all. Do you think by making a call to DIAC, it is possible to get the status of my application. I am almost dark.

It seems the people applied after me got the letter advising to prepare medical and character clearances. I didn't and don't know the reason at all.

Do you think by making a call to DIAC would me to get the actual status? My friend who also had the experience in his visa processing said the person who answer the call is just known to whatever we see in online. So, no point calling them and wasting money. It's too expensive line though.

Please keep share your experience with DIAC. Thanks.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:23 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would it possible to get the status of the application by calling to DIAC?

Originally Posted by vxm665
Hi,

I have sent few emails over the last month regarding the status of my application. However, I haven't got any reply at all. Do you think by making a call to DIAC, it is possible to get the status of my application. I am almost dark.

It seems the people applied after me got the letter advising to prepare medical and character clearances. I didn't and don't know the reason at all.

Do you think by making a call to DIAC would me to get the actual status? My friend who also had the experience in his visa processing said the person who answer the call is just known to whatever we see in online. So, no point calling them and wasting money. It's too expensive line though.

Please keep share your experience with DIAC. Thanks.
Did you apply online or on paper? If online, you'd be able to check it yourself.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Would it possible to get the status of the application by calling to DIAC?

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Did you apply online or on paper? If online, you'd be able to check it yourself.
I applied in online. I checked in online which says the processing commenced since I applied. Despite that, I am just wondering whether it would possible to get the actual status?
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:34 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

I applied in online. I checked in online which says the processing commenced since I applied. Despite that, I am just wondering whether it would possible to get the actual status?
No, I wouldn't have thought they're going to give you anything different from what's on the status. They'd probably just tell you to check it online (which you've already done). I know it's frustrating, but they won't want to be dealing with a load of calls and emails to find out a status. It's just going to annoy them. Let them do their job, and they'll get back to you when they need to.

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Mar 22nd 2011 at 3:45 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

What do you want them to say if you rang them? Presumably they are working on the application. If they tell you that, what difference will it make to you? If they want more information or want you to get PCC and Meds they will ask you. Whether other people have been asked for such information is 100% irrelevant to you and your application.

The online status page is largely irrelevant. Some COs update and some don't. Many people have received the Grant or Rejection letter whilst their status still says awaiting Meds. Ignore it all and get on with your life.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
What do you want them to say if you rang them? Presumably they are working on the application. If they tell you that, what difference will it make to you? If they want more information or want you to get PCC and Meds they will ask you. Whether other people have been asked for such information is 100% irrelevant to you and your application.

The online status page is largely irrelevant. Some COs update and some don't. Many people have received the Grant or Rejection letter whilst their status still says awaiting Meds. Ignore it all and get on with your life.
All of your replies says that making calls disturb the officers who work on the application. DIAC is a large department and they have the dedicated team only to answer the phone calls, who don't deal with any applications processing. Just looking at the system and let the caller know the status. Then, how making call disturb them. That's their duty to answer the phone calls.

moneypenny20, the moderator says that "The online status page is largely irrelevant|". Does it mean calling will give me more updated information about the case?
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

All of your replies says that making calls disturb the officers who work on the application. DIAC is a large department and they have the dedicated team only to answer the phone calls, who don't deal with any applications processing. Just looking at the system and let the caller know the status. Then, how making call disturb them. That's their duty to answer the phone calls.

moneypenny20, the moderator says that "The online status page is largely irrelevant|". Does it mean calling will give me more updated information about the case?
No. The answer you will get either by phone or by email is 'your application is being dealt with' or words to that effect. The only person who 'could' tell you what the exact status was would be your CO. You WILL NOT be talking to that person. Even in the highly unlikely event you did, you would only get the same response as above.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

azakir is on a distinguished road

No. The answer you will get either by phone or by email is 'your application is being dealt with' or words to that effect. The only person who 'could' tell you what the exact status was would be your CO. You WILL NOT be talking to that person. Even in the highly unlikely event you did, you would only get the same response as above.
My online staus shows all 'met' since 25 February 2011. I provided pcc and medical related documents first week of March, last year.

I (also my agent) never got any mail from my CO. I am not sure about co has assigned for me or not.

If CO needs anything, will he/she indicate that in my online status.
They will not directly contact me, since I am using agent. (My agent is bit lazy.)

Last edited by azakir; Mar 23rd 2011 at 4:16 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 4:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by azakir
My online staus shows all 'met' since 25 February 2011. I provided pcc and medical related documents first week of March, last year.

I (also my agent) never got any mail from my CO. I am not sure about co has assigned for me or not.

If CO needs anything, will he/she indicate that in my online status.
No.

They will not directly contact me, since I am using agent. (My agent is bit lazy.)
Maybe your agent has no information to tell you. However if you believe your agent not to be doing their job correctly, you can also dispense with their services and inform DIAC that in future they should be contacting you directly.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

azakir is on a distinguished road

No.

Maybe your agent has no information to tell you. However if you believe your agent not to be doing their job correctly, you can also dispense with their services and inform DIAC that in future they should be contacting you directly.
Should I go for another pcc and med.... Or wait for CO's mail. Since they are already expired. I do not want to waste time any longer.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 4:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Should I go for another pcc and med.... Or wait for CO's mail. Since they are already expired. I do not want to waste time any longer.
No you wait until asked. Well I would anyway. You have no idea how long things will take. You've presumably already done them once unasked to have them expire, why would you do it again? You're not wasting time. Your application is in, get on with your life and forget about it as much as possible.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

During my visa processing I called them up thrice. Trust me, I had the same answer every single time. "You case is being worked upon. If we need something, we will contact you... "

Calling them just won't help. You can try mailing them, but I'm sure in all probability you will receive a standard answer...

And yes online status is totally irrelevant. When my visa was granted, my online status said "Documents received" (or required.. Can't remember correctly).

If MP or any other moderator is saying something, it is for a reason mate.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of

Just to play devils advocate as its been something I have wondered about myself. Say someone hadn't received anything from their CO after being given approximate timeframe or that the online status has not been updated for quite sometime (although I know that this is not the best system) and yet everyone that applied at the same time seemed to have been contacted, is it not possible that maybe the case had been over looked somehow and that a call would actually be beneficial as it would draw the CO's attention to it?

I know that it is in no way beneficial to contact them all the time, but in these types of cases would it not be recommended to contact them just to make sure that all is still well. I assume that system is only as good as the CO's skills, everyone is human and sometimes things can get over looked.

I know from personal experience at work, I had about 80 cases on the go one time, all had to be diaried and all followed up in the time frame that I had agreed, no matter how hard you work sometimes things do fall through the net. Doesn't happen often but it can.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 12:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Kamie26
Just to play devils advocate as its been something I have wondered about myself. Say someone hadn't received anything from their CO after being given approximate timeframe or that the online status has not been updated for quite sometime (although I know that this is not the best system) and yet everyone that applied at the same time seemed to have been contacted, is it not possible that maybe the case had been over looked somehow and that a call would actually be beneficial as it would draw the CO's attention to it?

I know that it is in no way beneficial to contact them all the time, but in these types of cases would it not be recommended to contact them just to make sure that all is still well. I assume that system is only as good as the CO's skills, everyone is human and sometimes things can get over looked.

I know from personal experience at work, I had about 80 cases on the go one time, all had to be diaried and all followed up in the time frame that I had agreed, no matter how hard you work sometimes things do fall through the net. Doesn't happen often but it can.
Absolutely. If you've heard nothing at all and time has gone on, then sending a PLE would be the way to go. However much of time, some people come on here complaining about not having heard anything and they've actually only put the application in a month or so previous. If one email has been sent and you've (general) received a standard reply, there's no reason at all to keep sending requests for info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.