Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Designated area sponsor visa (subclass 496)

Wikiposts

Designated area sponsor visa (subclass 496)

Old Jul 5th 2007, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

chasingrainbows is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Designated area sponsor visa (subclass 496)

Help!!! My head is hurting!

We are only at the very early stages of getting my husbands qualifications assessed by vetassess. We are hoping to get in on a designated area sponsor visa (496) as I have an uncle who lives in Victoria and is willing to sponsor our family.

My question is this....on the assessment form for vetassess it says to tick one box : general skilled migration or employer nomination scheme.....are we ok to tick the 1st even though its not the general skilled migration visa we are trying to get in on?
My head is going round in circles and I'm sure we are right in completing the form...I would appreciate your help!

Kind Reagrds
Paula
Old Jul 5th 2007, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

LiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really niceLiverpoolLass is just really nice
Default Re: Designated area sponsor visa (subclass 496)

Hi,

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but the 496 is a GSM visa (General Skilled Migration visa)

This is the visa I have applied for and that is what I ticked.

Hope this helps,

Janet
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

I'm very confused.....should my hubby's skills come back ok...we will be using form 47ST...which is an application for a two stage skilled designated area spnsored visa. I think I'm confusing myself big time.....been on pc all day...bound to happen lol!!!

So I'm right in ticking the 1st box still then aren't I ?!!!

I feel I must apologise for my stupidness!!!!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:03 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Yes tick the first box.

Have you looked at the 138 visa - your uncle can sponsor you and its a PR visa.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Bless you....thankyou!!!!

Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ws99
Yes tick the first box.

Will check that out right now!

I know we've got a long way to go yet...and already it's very confusing to me!

Your help is really appreciated.
Kind Reagrds
Paula
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Yes tick the first box.

Just had a quick look...we would need 110 points..and we only reach a total of 100 as my job isn't on the list sadly. That visa would've been ideal as it has PR....we are waiting for GoMatilda to get back to us so I will be interested to see which visa they would come up with for us. The 496 doesn't require the points system, so at the mo we have a good chance.....I think......
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:29 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thats a shame, it was just a thought!
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again for your help and thoughts....I'm sure you will be there to answer more of my many silly questions lol!!
Regards
Paula
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chasingrainbows
Thanks again for your help and thoughts....I'm sure you will be there to answer more of my many silly questions lol!!
Regards
Paula
And I have another!!!! (so soon I hear you cry!)

Will my hubby need to include all his school exam certificate to vetassess as well..or is he ok just enclosing recent qualifications?

Regards (again)
Paula
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:40 am
WS

They just need the relevant qualifications which are being assessed. You also have to prove english language ability but this is covered if you have a UK birth certificate.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

They just need the relevant qualifications which are being assessed. You also have to prove english language ability but this is covered if you have a UK birth certificate.

Brilliant, thanks again...right I shall leave you in peace and see if I can get to bed later without thinking about all the forms that are yet to be filled in.....

Paula
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:12 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a quick look...we would need 110 points..and we only reach a total of 100 as my job isn't on the list sadly. That visa would've been ideal as it has PR....we are waiting for GoMatilda to get back to us so I will be interested to see which visa they would come up with for us. The 496 doesn't require the points system, so at the mo we have a good chance.....I think......
What level of formal qualifications do you have - diploma or bachelors degree?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
What level of formal qualifications do you have - diploma or bachelors degree?
Right then, this is where we start to get worried.....my husband's job is on the SOL as a Financial Investment Advisor and he has qualifications from The Chartered Insurance Institute which are the full Financial Planning Certificates needed to be an advisor.
He's just spoken to someone from Gomatilda and she has said that we would sail through getting the visa we want...but we must wait for the reply from VETASSESS. So off course we are now left wondering if the certificates will be valid in Australia......any financial advisors out there who can help?!!!

Regards
Paula
Old Jul 7th 2007, 10:58 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Right then, this is where we start to get worried.....my husband's job is on the SOL as a Financial Investment Advisor and he has qualifications from The Chartered Insurance Institute which are the full Financial Planning Certificates needed to be an advisor.
He's just spoken to someone from Gomatilda and she has said that we would sail through getting the visa we want...but we must wait for the reply from VETASSESS. So off course we are now left wondering if the certificates will be valid in Australia......any financial advisors out there who can help?!!!
For a 40 point skill assessment, Vetassess require the equivalent of an Australian diploma. If you are just talking about the benchmark Financial Planning Certificate from the CII, then I would very much doubt as to whether it will be acceptable to Vetassess (on its own).

If you're talking about higher qualifications like the Advanced Financial Planning Certificate then you might have more of a chance.

Whether the certificates, even if you can use them for migration, will be any use to work in Australia, maybe contact the Financial Planning Association of Australia as a start point. http://www.fpa.asn.au

The tax and financial landscapes are very different in Australia so you may need to re-train from scratch, although your UK experience/knowledge may allow you to learn more easily than someone new to financial planning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.