Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Dependence of Visa grant on Passport validity

Dependence of Visa grant on Passport validity

Old Mar 9th 2010, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice
Default Dependence of Visa grant on Passport validity

Hi Guyz
At the moment my visa application 175 (CSL + MODL) is in final stage, all my documents on check check page showing MET since 06/08/2009 and today(09/03/2010), on status page of online visa status inquiry page it showing "09/03/2010 Health requirements finalised". Well my passport gonna expire by 14th march 2010 , so my question "a valid passport is required for visa grant? or even they issues on expired one?
Old Mar 9th 2010, 8:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dependence of Visa grant on Passport validity

Ask yourself why DIAC would issue a visa on an expired visa. You need to apply for a new one and inform DIAC that your current one is about to expire and then let them have the details of the new one as soon as you have it.

I am fairly amazed that you have left it until how to even think about it. You've almost gone through the entire visa application process and getting stressed about the apparent length of time it's taken, so you must have a certain amount of common sense. Not being rude but really.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

asifrupani will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
Hi Guyz
At the moment my visa application 175 (CSL + MODL) is in final stage, all my documents on check check page showing MET since 06/08/2009 and today(09/03/2010), on status page of online visa status inquiry page it showing "09/03/2010 Health requirements finalised". Well my passport gonna expire by 14th march 2010 , so my question "a valid passport is required for visa grant? or even they issues on expired one?
Hi,
Rush to passport office, current delivery time is 2-3 months in Karachi.

regards
Old Mar 9th 2010, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Amit1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I remember, DIAC requires that passport be valid for atleast 6 months before they can/will grant a visa. Go get your passport renewed ASAP!
Old Mar 9th 2010, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Ask yourself why DIAC would issue a visa on an expired visa. You need to apply for a new one and inform DIAC that your current one is about to expire and then let them have the details of the new one as soon as you have it.

I am fairly amazed that you have left it until how to even think about it. You've almost gone through the entire visa application process and getting stressed about the apparent length of time it's taken, so you must have a certain amount of common sense. Not being rude but really.
Well i had some personal issues so that i wasn't able to renew it earlier.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 9:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well i had some personal issues so that i wasn't able to renew it earlier.
My initial question still applies Get it renewed before DIAC make a decision.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
My initial question still applies Get it renewed before DIAC make a decision.
Already applied for the new passport and thanx your first input.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

intellect20 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the grant letter mentions the passport number. if so, then you have to inform DIAC about your passport expiry now so they issue you the grant letter against new passport number and you may get your passport stamped then.
Already applied for the new passport and thanx your first input.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by intellect20
I think the grant letter mentions the passport number. if so, then you have to inform DIAC about your passport expiry now so they issue you the grant letter against new passport number and you may get your passport stamped then.
Yeah bro just yesterday i applied for the new one and new passport will take 15 days to finish........so what u say i should inform them about the expiry now and let them know that i will get my new passport after 15 days?
Old Mar 10th 2010, 11:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Yeah bro just yesterday i applied for the new one and new passport will take 15 days to finish........so what u say i should inform them about the expiry now and let them know that i will get my new passport after 15 days?
You need to inform them now that you will have a new passport in a fortnight and please to hold off on sending the grant letter until you are able to provide them with the new passport number.