Wikiposts

Defacto TimeScales and ???????s

Old Jan 16th 2006, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

tree is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Defacto TimeScales and ???????s

Ahhh one minute I think I have worked out everything I need - then I get all confused again.

I was just wondering what is a normal time scale for a defacto visa being granted from submitting to granting...?? I know it says a rough timescale on the dimia but I was wondering what people had experienced.

Also:
- How long has it taken for peoples Meds to come back/be cleared for meds?
- How long after submitting application does it take for them to request Meds.
- Do people think it is worth getting the meds done before/at same time as submitting? Or making a Med appointment for about a week(?) after submitting?
- Can I use my partners mother as one of my Stat Decs?
- In the UK who can you use to certify documents?
- Is it Ok to scan items in (like joint travel tickets etc), print them and get them certified?

Ummm think thats it for now...
Sorry for the excessive number of questions!!!! Just want to put my mind at ease.
Thanks
Lu
Old Jan 16th 2006, 9:23 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Defacto TimeScales and ???????s

Originally Posted by tree
Ahhh one minute I think I have worked out everything I need - then I get all confused again.

I was just wondering what is a normal time scale for a defacto visa being granted from submitting to granting...?? I know it says a rough timescale on the dimia but I was wondering what people had experienced.

Also:
- How long has it taken for peoples Meds to come back/be cleared for meds?
- How long after submitting application does it take for them to request Meds.
- Do people think it is worth getting the meds done before/at same time as submitting? Or making a Med appointment for about a week(?) after submitting?
- Can I use my partners mother as one of my Stat Decs?
- In the UK who can you use to certify documents?
- Is it Ok to scan items in (like joint travel tickets etc), print them and get them certified?

Ummm think thats it for now...
Sorry for the excessive number of questions!!!! Just want to put my mind at ease.
Thanks
Lu
Relax.

Firstly for defacto's you are advised to front load everything. This means that everything goes together including meds and police checks so get them done before applying.

Anyone can be used for Stat Decs.

In the UK, you can either use a solicitor who may or may not charge you a lot or contact your local magistrates court and ask if one of the magistrates will do them for you - they don't tend to charge or if they do, not much.

Yes, DIMIA do not want loads of original bits of paper. They expect you to copy as much on to as few sheets of paper as possible. You might have to take the original stuff as well to the certifier but again you may not.

I used our solicitor for our stuff but he is an old friend and took my word for everything he was certifying. If they don't know you, they may think you have forged something (although why you would forge travel documentation is open for debate!)

Oh, nearly forgot. If all your paperwork is as complete as you can possibly make it, all t's crossed and i's dotted, etc etc you could receive your visa back within a couple of weeks - probably at most a month - but don't hold me to it. They are done in the UK, the workload is not so high (still high but....) and they are just much more straightforward.

If you are not needing your passport whilst you are applying, it also saves time to enclose it with your application. They will then not have to request it but just return it with visa in (hopefully) If you do, make sure you also enclose a pre paid, self addressed special delivery envelope. Otherwise they will just return it by bog standard Royal Mail and who knows where it could end up.

Good luck.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

tree is an unknown quantity at this point

I am going to apply for my visa right after getting back from South America - I kind of have a feeling they might want me to get my meds after coming back rather than before!!! .

So I was thinking of submitting my application and getting my meds at about the same time as submitting... does this complicate things - ie - where do these things need to be sent?? Does the doc keep them until dimia request the meds?

Oh yes - did you know how long they take to come back on meds? Dimia and the results being returned?

Thanks!
Lu
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tree
I am going to apply for my visa right after getting back from South America - I kind of have a feeling they might want me to get my meds after coming back rather than before!!! .

So I was thinking of submitting my application and getting my meds at about the same time as submitting... does this complicate things - ie - where do these things need to be sent?? Does the doc keep them until dimia request the meds?

Oh yes - did you know how long they take to come back on meds? Dimia and the results being returned?

Thanks!
Lu
As far as I know, no one who does defacto waits for med request because DIMIA ask that you front load. Why don't you just hold off on submitting until you have the meds done. I would imagine that as soon as they receive your application, they will write back requesting your meds so there is no point in not front loading.

Unless things have changed (and I don't think they have) all the spouse visas go to Australia High Commission in London. Your meds will be sent by your doctor about a week after you have the meds - they have to wait for your bloods to come back to complete the form, They won't hang on to them, they will want to clear your file otherwise they could end up holding loads and that's not their job.

The spouse visas are totally different from all the other types of visa. If you are a UK citizen (or European) it is almost a foregone conclusion that you will get the visa, no hoops as such to go through (although it doesn't seem that way when you are getting the application together).
Old Jan 17th 2006, 4:30 pm
Fenton Beasley

>From posting the application to DIMIA saying yes, two weeks.

I've been in Aus for 8 weeks now. I'll post in this newsgroup in a few
weeks and let you know my thoughts on Perth.

Ian