Wikiposts

Defacto/spousal visa.

Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:09 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Defacto/spousal visa.

Ok its early in the morning so heres the first stupid question of the day,just to wake up your sleepy heads.

When applying for defacto/fiance/spousal visa thingy,do you apply to aus house here in london or do the forms go somewhere in oz.Cheers for any info
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Defacto/spousal visa.

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Ok its early in the morning so heres the first stupid question of the day,just to wake up your sleepy heads.

When applying for defacto/fiance/spousal visa thingy,do you apply to aus house here in london or do the forms go somewhere in oz.Cheers for any info
If you're applying in the UK, it goes to Australia House
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:32 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah trusty Pollyanna as always first off the mark.cheers for that.Had been given conflicting advice so figured i would get a more definative answer here.
Now i can chill me head out and get on with the paperwork.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:40 pm
FREE TIBET

PS does that include the meds and police checks as well,ie do we deal with the folks at aus hse for the whole visa process until acceptance/refusal etc ????
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:53 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

PS does that include the meds and police checks as well,ie do we deal with the folks at aus hse for the whole visa process until acceptance/refusal etc ????
Yep, make sure the doc sends the meds to Australia House, and you can submit the police checks with the actual application (known as front-loading). The visa will be granted from Aus House as well

(PS I was only first off the mark cos its NOT early morning here! You don't get much out of me first thing )
Old Jul 17th 2007, 8:59 pm
FREE TIBET

Ok happy days,think we are going to go for the prospective marriage thingy cause dont intend to come back once we go to oz next march for the wedding.Will then apply for the spouse visa onshore,i think thats how it goes.I feel more stupid questions coming on
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:30 pm
Home and Happy

Ok happy days,think we are going to go for the prospective marriage thingy cause dont intend to come back once we go to oz next march for the wedding.Will then apply for the spouse visa onshore,i think thats how it goes.I feel more stupid questions coming on
Yep, you've got the right idea then. Make sure you keep copies of all the stuff you send in for the Pros Marriage - makes filling in the forms easier when you apply for the Spouse visa itself as all you have to do is copy most of what was written before.
Next question....?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:47 pm
FREE TIBET

How many trees must die before i get to oz
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:53 am
Home and Happy

How many trees must die before i get to oz
Not as many as the ones that you'll finish off once you're here - remember the UK is the Pros Marriage bit, once you are here you have to do the temp spouse visa application, then two years later comes the extra paperwork to complete permanent residency.....
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:15 am
FREE TIBET

No worries Polly i will bring me own tree's with me,might screw up my baggage allowance
Old Jul 18th 2007, 9:24 am
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all

Hi Bernieboy, hope it all goes well, who bought the ring.
p.s did u tell ur ma yet.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:04 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not as many as the ones that you'll finish off once you're here - remember the UK is the Pros Marriage bit, once you are here you have to do the temp spouse visa application, then two years later comes the extra paperwork to complete permanent residency.....
He should of course consider if he is eligible for skilled migration - often, that is preferable to applying for migration as a spouse.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:36 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by JAJ
He should of course consider if he is eligible for skilled migration - often, that is preferable to applying for migration as a spouse.
Maybe, but as he didn't ask about skilled migration I didn't see any reason why I should suggest it. To go into the details of skilled migration on every thread that specifies spouse visas would end up confusing a lot of people. If he'd asked about skilled stuff I would've stayed out of the thread.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Maybe, but as he didn't ask about skilled migration I didn't see any reason why I should suggest it. To go into the details of skilled migration on every thread that specifies spouse visas would end up confusing a lot of people. If he'd asked about skilled stuff I would've stayed out of the thread.
I wouldn't suggest getting into that level of detail but can't see how it hurts to suggest that someone planning to apply for a spouse visa should check to see if there is a better visa available.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
I wouldn't suggest getting into that level of detail but can't see how it hurts to suggest that someone planning to apply for a spouse visa should check to see if there is a better visa available.
Hi thats true,if we knew that having John on a spouse visa would have caused probems with him getting work as they say "oh its only a temp visa!" Also we are having big problem with getting a mortgage with less than 20% deposit because of John being on a temp visa.We are at the moment trying to decide whether to go for a visa that gives you PR. So I would consider all options.
Cheers Lorri

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.