Defacto Partner Visa for Romanian

Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Green Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really nice
Default Defacto Partner Visa for Romanian

Hi
I'm an Australian Permanent Resident (validated) which expires in 3 years time and live in the UK. Since I got my visa, I've separated from my wife and now live with a Romanian woman and we wish to move to Australia.

My understanding of the Partner Visa is that I will have to be her sponsor, but that also means I need to be in Australia when she applies. I also understand we will have to provide proof of our relationship for at least a 12 months period prior to the application.

My problem is how do I get her there? I don't want to be in Australia with her in Europe. She can't apply for an ETA as Romanians do not qualify. She can apply for a 676 Tourist Visa but this requires all the health and police checks pre application. I'd like to be able to travel within the next 6 months. Is this unrealistic?

My understanding is that as I will be her sponsor, she does not have to hold a substantive visa when the application is made within Australia. She is 23 and I'm not sure if there are any other options for her.

Any thoughts on the best way to get her there. She will be pretty fluent in English before we leave and the intention is for her to then pursue teacher or nursing training.

Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:49 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Defacto Partner Visa for Romanian

You apply for a partner visa subclass 309 for her. You (and she) do not need to be in Australia at the time of application, you only have to prove that you are in a genunine defacto (living together as a married couple) relationship for more than 12 months. www.immi.gov.au is where to start.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Green Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really nice

According to Form 40SP - Sponsorship of a Partner to migrate

'If you are an Australian permanent resident or eligible New
Zealand citizen, you are required to be usually resident in
Australia.'

I think this means that I have to be living there already before I apply to be her sponsor. Does this mean we have to be living apart when she applies?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 10:14 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Green Grass

Australia.'

I think this means that I have to be living there already before I apply to be her sponsor. Does this mean we have to be living apart when she applies?
No, it doesn't mean you need to be living in Australia. I already told you, you apply for the subclass 309 offshore partner visa. Take the advice or not, it's your choice. However, don't ask for help and then argue when you're given it.
http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/part...ty-defacto.htm
Old Feb 4th 2011, 10:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Australia.'

How does this fit in with your previous post about getting a RRV 2 years ago? Are you actually 2 years into a 5 year RRV, or 2 years into your PR visa?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 11:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Australia.'

I've highlighted the important word. Whilst we're not Romanian, and my husband was born in Australia, he'd not lived here since he was 4. He was able to sponsor me.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
How does this fit in with your previous post about getting a RRV 2 years ago? Are you actually 2 years into a 5 year RRV, or 2 years into your PR visa?
My apologies. I got my RRV 2 years ago but separated from my wife. My RRV expires in February 2014. I'm desperate to use it as I'm certain I will not get another one...as I have never actually settled in Australia (only validated my original PR visa).
Old Feb 5th 2011, 3:03 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I've highlighted the important word. Whilst we're not Romanian, and my husband was born in Australia, he'd not lived here since he was 4. He was able to sponsor me.
The difference is your husband is an Australian citizen. Non-citizens do need to be "usually resident" in Australia before sponsoring for a spouse visa. In the past, DIAC London was flexible on this but given how they seem to have changed processes recently, this may not necessarily be the case any longer.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 5:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My apologies. I got my RRV 2 years ago but separated from my wife. My RRV expires in February 2014. I'm desperate to use it as I'm certain I will not get another one...as I have never actually settled in Australia (only validated my original PR visa).
I suspect (though I'm willing to stand corrected) that this might make a difference. As JAJ indicates, DIAC London will look at whether you have moved to Aus, or spent any time there. Not only do you have the initial 5 years of the visa gone, but also 2 years of a RRV. Did you actually live in Australia at all during those 7 years since getting the visa?
Old Feb 6th 2011, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Since I got my visa, I've separated from my wife and now live with a Romanian woman and we wish to move to Australia.
Have you divorced?
Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:48 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yet another totally wasted visa.

I think DIAC should be looking change the rules around visas. This 'nip in and validate' business is just rubbish. DIAC should be insisting that if you're granted a skills visa and then not resident within a max of of two years, then you will have been deemed to have defaulted on your visa.... and cancel it.

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Feb 6th 2011 at 3:51 am.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Hi
I'm an Australian Permanent Resident (validated) which expires in 3 years time and live in the UK. Since I got my visa, I've separated from my wife and now live with a Romanian woman and we wish to move to Australia.

My understanding of the Partner Visa is that I will have to be her sponsor, but that also means I need to be in Australia when she applies. I also understand we will have to provide proof of our relationship for at least a 12 months period prior to the application.

My problem is how do I get her there? I don't want to be in Australia with her in Europe. She can't apply for an ETA as Romanians do not qualify. She can apply for a 676 Tourist Visa but this requires all the health and police checks pre application. I'd like to be able to travel within the next 6 months. Is this unrealistic?

My understanding is that as I will be her sponsor, she does not have to hold a substantive visa when the application is made within Australia. She is 23 and I'm not sure if there are any other options for her.

Any thoughts on the best way to get her there. She will be pretty fluent in English before we leave and the intention is for her to then pursue teacher or nursing training.

Thanks
can she get a working holiday visa?
Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
can she get a working holiday visa?
Romania isn't on the list of countries for either a WHV or W&HV.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I suspect (though I'm willing to stand corrected) that this might make a difference. As JAJ indicates, DIAC London will look at whether you have moved to Aus, or spent any time there. Not only do you have the initial 5 years of the visa gone, but also 2 years of a RRV. Did you actually live in Australia at all during those 7 years since getting the visa?
I haven't lived there at all in the last 7 years (I only lived there 3 years as a child). I got divorced during my original visa. My second wife then wanted to go so I got RRV's for me, my first wife and my children by my first wife. My second wife changed her mind about going and we are now separated. My current partner wants to go.

If I hadn't complicated my life so much, this would be easier!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Have you divorced?
I'm divorced from my first wife but wont be divorced from my second wife for at least 18 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.