Wikiposts

Defacto on 457 problems

Old Nov 15th 2006, 10:26 pm
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice
Default Defacto on 457 problems

Hi guys,
I've done a search on here, but nothing came up with the same situation as mine... I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has been or is in the same situation, or could just offer some advice?

I'm am the defacto on a 457 visa, been in aus for 18 months. My relationship with my partner of 11 years has taken a turn for the worst, and right now I suppose we're technically not together. There is a possibility of a reconciliation, but things are very, very up in the air right now so i'm not sure what's going to happen.

We were starting to go for our permanent residency too, right now that has been halted due to the sticky situation.

I really, really want to be able to stay here, but I'm failing to see if I'd be able to on any other visa. It was my partner who was sponsored, I don't have enough points, and being just finance admin i'm not on the skilled list, to be able to get my own visa i'm sure...

Have there been any other cases like this on here that I failed to notice?

If we do get back together again, then there will surely be no problem, so i guess i'm also wondering if I should "rock the boat" as far as me finding out my options professionally, i.e. to apply for a visa and be declined if we do end up getting back together...

here's hoping there's someone out there that can offer some glimmer of sunlight!
Old Nov 16th 2006, 3:19 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Defacto on 457 problems

Originally Posted by lel_smiff
Hi guys,
I've done a search on here, but nothing came up with the same situation as mine... I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has been or is in the same situation, or could just offer some advice?

I'm am the defacto on a 457 visa, been in aus for 18 months. My relationship with my partner of 11 years has taken a turn for the worst, and right now I suppose we're technically not together. There is a possibility of a reconciliation, but things are very, very up in the air right now so i'm not sure what's going to happen.

We were starting to go for our permanent residency too, right now that has been halted due to the sticky situation.

I really, really want to be able to stay here, but I'm failing to see if I'd be able to on any other visa. It was my partner who was sponsored, I don't have enough points, and being just finance admin i'm not on the skilled list, to be able to get my own visa i'm sure...

Have there been any other cases like this on here that I failed to notice?

If we do get back together again, then there will surely be no problem, so i guess i'm also wondering if I should "rock the boat" as far as me finding out my options professionally, i.e. to apply for a visa and be declined if we do end up getting back together...

here's hoping there's someone out there that can offer some glimmer of sunlight!
Dear LS,

You just have to talk to an agent pronto about your options - if the relationship breaks down badly your OH could easily advise DIMA that it's over and your right to a visa will vanish in a puff - you'll get a notice of intention to cancel and then, gone. At the very least contact IARC on 92811609 or visit www.iarc.asn.au to find out how to use their services.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au