Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Deeming Dates for Skilled Applications - Australian Computer Society

Deeming Dates for Skilled Applications - Australian Computer Society

Old Aug 19th 2013, 9:07 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deeming Dates for Skilled Applications - Australian Computer Society

Originally Posted by epick
Hi, this is my first post in this forum. I have received my assessment today, but I don't understand this, What is means "deeming date"?. this is a part of letter, help me please!!

Your skills have assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Engineer of Computer from University XXXXX completed June 2012 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bacherlor Degree with major in computing.

The following employment after June 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 06/08 - 04/13 (4yrs 10mths)
Position: Network Engineer
Employer: XXXXXX

I appreciate the help given!!

Thanks
I'm not sure what your problem is. It looks like they have allowed all your work experience.

The deeming date is the date you are recognised as being skilled at the required level.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 12:17 am
Just Joined

dreamaussie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Deeming Dates for Skilled Applications - Australian Computer Society

Originally Posted by dreamaussie
Hi George,

Would really appreciate if you could provide your expert advice, I have been too stressed out with this new ACS assessment rule.....

I have the old assessment from Aug 2012 (still valid)which says "Your work experience has been calculated as follows on the basis of full time employment of at least
20hrs per week:" and does not mention any date for reaching the skilled level and it has considered more than 8 years so can I claim 15 points? as you mentioned above that "the uncertainty only affects those who are recent ACS skills assessment receipients". Is there any update on this from DIAC?

I also got the 2nd assessment done recently for a different anzsco code which was also closely related to my occupation and was being sponsored by another state, it was successful however it has the new format and removed 4 yrs from my exp. as my bachelor's degree was not ICT major.

If I use the new assessment then I'll only get 5 points for exp. and a total of 50 points, so I am thinking of using the old assessment using which I can get 15 points for skilled employment, adding upto total points of 60. Do you see any issues with it?

Thanks,
dreamaus
Hi Sparkles,

Do you have any update on my query please, I want to apply for the state nomination but I am not sure whether I can use my old skills assessment to gain the points for skilled employment.

Thanks
dreamaussie

Last edited by dreamaussie; Aug 20th 2013 at 12:28 am.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 2:34 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sparkles,

Do you have any update on my query please, I want to apply for the state nomination but I am not sure whether I can use my old skills assessment to gain the points for skilled employment.

Thanks
dreamaussie
Hi dreamaussie - the best advice I can give is to ask a MARA agent
Old Aug 20th 2013, 8:53 am
Just Joined

dreamaussie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi dreamaussie - the best advice I can give is to ask a MARA agent
Ok buddy, do you know any MARA agent who can give free advice.....i have already spent a lot of money on this, can't spend more....my agent doesn't have a clue what he's doing, so I am trying to do it on my own now.

George,
Do you have any update on it?
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ok buddy, do you know any MARA agent who can give free advice.....i have already spent a lot of money on this, can't spend more....my agent doesn't have a clue what he's doing, so I am trying to do it on my own now.

George,
Do you have any update on it?
Most agents will give a small amount of advice for free but they all have a living to make. For specific questions like yours you need to be prepared to pay.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

sun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by epick
Hi, this is my first post in this forum. I have received my assessment today, but I don't understand this, What is means "deeming date"?. this is a part of letter, help me please!!

Your skills have assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Engineer of Computer from University XXXXX completed June 2012 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bacherlor Degree with major in computing.

The following employment after June 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 06/08 - 04/13 (4yrs 10mths)
Position: Network Engineer
Employer: XXXXXX

I appreciate the help given!!

Thanks
Only post-graduation work is counted, everything after is down to the assessor and his mood that day. Your graduation date is June 2012, that's when they started to count.

Consider yourself lucky as most people will loose the first 2 years after a major in computing degree....

Last edited by sun23; Aug 21st 2013 at 7:17 am. Reason: rant over... :)
Old Sep 16th 2013, 12:13 am
Just Joined

anthoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I submitted ACS skill assessment on 27-Jul, 2013. By this December end, I will have 5 years of experience. If ACS deducts 2 years from my experience as I have degree in ICT Major, I will have result with 2 years 7 months of skilled experience as on today. Do I need to submit Skill assessment again in December to get result of 3 years experience (5 points) ? I still work in the same company so can I just get a employer letter with latest experience(gaining 5 months) + ACS skill assessment result (2 years 7 months) and apply to DIAC?

It would be great if someone could help me.

Please advise.

Last edited by anthoney; Sep 16th 2013 at 12:42 am.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by anthoney
Hi All,

I submitted ACS skill assessment on 27-Jul, 2013. By this December end, I will have 5 years of experience. If ACS deducts 2 years from my experience as I have degree in ICT Major, I will have result with 2 years 7 months of skilled experience as on today. Do I need to submit Skill assessment again in December to get result of 3 years experience (5 points) ? I still work in the same company so can I just get a employer letter with latest experience(gaining 5 months) + ACS skill assessment result (2 years 7 months) and apply to DIAC?

It would be great if someone could help me.

Please advise.
I don't believe so, I wouldn't anyway. Points for work experience are awarded by DIAC and as long as you have a verifiable work history there shouldn't be a need to have ACS re-evaluate your experience
Old Sep 16th 2013, 1:28 am
Just Joined

anthoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I don't believe so, I wouldn't anyway. Points for work experience are awarded by DIAC and as long as you have a verifiable work history there shouldn't be a need to have ACS re-evaluate your experience
I am so relieved now. I will wait till December to apply EOI & lodge visa application to get 5 points for 3 years skilled employment experience.

Thanks very much old sparkles!!!

Last edited by anthoney; Sep 16th 2013 at 1:31 am.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

momin.jaweed is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
Today again I met MARA agent after seen my ACS response. he told me that I can claim(EOI) experience after january 2007 the first two years DICA will not award any points .

I have total 8+ years experience but after reducing 2 years I can claim point for 6 years but not 8 years

see the ACS response.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261312(developer programmer) of
ANZSCO code.

The following employment after january 2007 is considered toequate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevent to the code

Date: 01/05-09/05
Position Software developer
Country Pakistan

Date: 09/05-12/06
Position Software engineer
Country Pakistan

Date: 12/06-10/07
Position developer programmer
Country Pakistan

Date: 10/07-05/13
Position Software developer/Programmer
Country Pakistan
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

hrask is an unknown quantity at this point

May I ask all of you, my skill assessment authority is VETASSESS, I'd asked one MARA Agent and he told me under current policy, VETASSESS working experience can overlap with DIAC working experience. For example, I have 8 years working experience, I can made use 3 years for Group B unrelated Bachelor, and then 8 year working experience, if for ACS, 2 years for ICT Major, and then only 6 years working experience left.

Do you know when will this ACS rules (ACS Skill Assessment's working experience cannot count in DIAC) apply to VETASSESS? Any clues until now?

I'm worry about this as I still not enough working experience but I'm afraid the policy has been changed when I have enough working experience, thank you!
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

bagmi_bs is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Deeming Dates for Skilled Applications - Australian Computer Society

Hello George

Hope you are doing good. I have a little unusual situation and I am sure you as a veteran can help me through this.
I have engaged a consultancy for my AU PR, started the process in April end and at the stage now where I have received an invite from State of South Australia.

I have a Bachelor in IT, and 7 years of work experience till date

My situation :
ACS assessed me on 17 Apr 2013 under 261112 (Systems Analyst). Qualification comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with major in computing. Following employment after Aug 2011 is considered to equate to a skilled level and relevant to 261112.

Reason for above assessment :
My consultancy told me to provide documents only as per relevant exp that I claim. So instead of producing 7 years of exp doc, I produced only last company doc from year 2009.

The Issue :
I have claimed 70 points on EOI ( 10 points for exp) which I cannot prove based on ACS assessment. However, I can deifinitely produce experience docs from all my companies to DIAC to prove 7 years exp.
Also, I understand for System Analyst, skilled level is already after Bachelors degree ( Oct 2006 in my case) which means all my exp after that will equate to 261112.

My question :
Can I go ahead and file a visa application to DIAC based on the documents ( roles & responsibilities letter from all my companies on company letter head) and still my claim for 70 points ( 10 points for 5 years exp , rem 60 points are appropriate and can be proved).
Or will DIAC reject the application considering ACS claim of skilled employment since 2011 only. Please note that the ACS assessment was not proper considering the gap of not submitting all relevant exp docs from beginning of my career after my Bachelor's which actually equates to skilled employment under System Analyst.

Please advise.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:27 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Hrask,

As far as we're aware, the ACS policy hasn't been extended to Vetassess, and I think for that to happen Vetassess would need to change the format of its skills assessments.

Dear Bagmi,

You're potentially in quite a complex situation as the assessing agencies share all their documentation with the Department these days, and it's clear that your assessment letter does specify a relevant date which you need to displace. I would suggest paying for professional advice.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:28 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bagmi_bs
Hello George

Hope you are doing good. I have a little unusual situation and I am sure you as a veteran can help me through this.
I have engaged a consultancy for my AU PR, started the process in April end and at the stage now where I have received an invite from State of South Australia.

I have a Bachelor in IT, and 7 years of work experience till date

My situation :
ACS assessed me on 17 Apr 2013 under 261112 (Systems Analyst). Qualification comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with major in computing. Following employment after Aug 2011 is considered to equate to a skilled level and relevant to 261112.

Reason for above assessment :
My consultancy told me to provide documents only as per relevant exp that I claim. So instead of producing 7 years of exp doc, I produced only last company doc from year 2009.

The Issue :
I have claimed 70 points on EOI ( 10 points for exp) which I cannot prove based on ACS assessment. However, I can deifinitely produce experience docs from all my companies to DIAC to prove 7 years exp.
Also, I understand for System Analyst, skilled level is already after Bachelors degree ( Oct 2006 in my case) which means all my exp after that will equate to 261112.

My question :
Can I go ahead and file a visa application to DIAC based on the documents ( roles & responsibilities letter from all my companies on company letter head) and still my claim for 70 points ( 10 points for 5 years exp , rem 60 points are appropriate and can be proved).
Or will DIAC reject the application considering ACS claim of skilled employment since 2011 only. Please note that the ACS assessment was not proper considering the gap of not submitting all relevant exp docs from beginning of my career after my Bachelor's which actually equates to skilled employment under System Analyst.

Please advise.
Dear Hrask,

As far as we're aware, the ACS policy hasn't been extended to Vetassess, and I think for that to happen Vetassess would need to change the format of its skills assessments.

Dear Bagmi,

You're potentially in quite a complex situation as the assessing agencies share all their documentation with the Department these days, and it's clear that your assessment letter does specify a relevant date which you need to displace. I would suggest paying for professional advice.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:29 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Dear Hrask,

Dear Bagmi,

Cheers,

George Lombard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.