Decison Made "POOL the application"

Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Saif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nightmare is True

Today i get my CO formal advice. i have score 110 as he alloted 5 points to my exp.

NOW PLEASE TELL ME IF IT IS POSSIBLE IF I RE-DO MY IELTS HE WILL RECONSIDER THE APPLICATION PUT IT BACK FROM "POOL" AS I HAVE 15 POINTS IN IELTS

Originally Posted by SupNil
Saif,

I was under the impression that DIMA does all the point calculation
before medicals and medicals are received by only those who meet the
passing marks requirements.

Saif wrote:
    > Daer Expats
    > Today i got response from my CO as of my email query of update on my
    > application.
    > The response by email:
    > "my decision being to 'Pool' the application"
    > what does it means by "POOL",
    > Refusal or held on the application due to short of points
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:53 am
DarrenD

Default Re: Nightmare is True

Originally Posted by Saif
Today i get my CO formal advice. i have score 110 as he alloted 5 points to my exp.

NOW PLEASE TELL ME IF IT IS POSSIBLE IF I RE-DO MY IELTS HE WILL RECONSIDER THE APPLICATION PUT IT BACK FROM "POOL" AS I HAVE 15 POINTS IN IELTS
i dont think so. Once decision is made, thats it. I think rules are that a new application would have to go in. Of course this would (a) be at the back of the queue again and (b) subject to new pass mark.

You would probably have more luck trying to get them to convert it to SIR or STNI if this was acceptable to you.....

Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

chmushi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Saif,

- Were you employed at the time when you applied for?
- Were your work references checked by DIMIA? If yes then inquire from your prev company what happened there.
- were u accessed by ACS on RPL or simple skill assessment?
Old Dec 9th 2004, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Then what is the POOL all about as they wait for any change in circumstances or reduction in points to asses the applicaiton again within 2 years as interpreted by their site.
if i raise the points in Language isn't this a change in circumstances

Thank You

Originally Posted by DarrenD
i dont think so. Once decision is made, thats it. I think rules are that a new application would have to go in. Of course this would (a) be at the back of the queue again and (b) subject to new pass mark.

You would probably have more luck trying to get them to convert it to SIR or STNI if this was acceptable to you.....
Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

victorgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Saif,

I am sorry, yesterday I didnt note that u had already mentioned that u had claimed 15 points for IELTS. I thought u had considered 20 points.

Can u post your experience in detail so that some of us can help. Please note that in order to claim 10 points for experience one needs to have been working for 3 years out of past 4 years in your nominated occupation & your nominated occupation should be worth 60 points.

If your nominated occupation is worth 40 or 50 points then you get 5 points & not 10 points. Even if your nominated occupation is worth 60 points but you have not worked in your nominated occupation then u get 5 points only & not 10 points.

Regarding appeal or appearing now for IELTS, I dont think that is possible. Even if you pass IELTS now your application would be treated as new application & judged as per new points (120)

Your only path now is to get hold of a good agent & try to plead that your experience is worth 10 points (Ofcourse provided it is worth it)

If you can post complete details like ACS assessment , How ACS calculated your experience, your post, your qualifications, your jobs etc yearwise in details someone can help you & advice whether it is advisable to write a decent mail thru an agent to ASPC (Appeals for skilled application are not allowed) for reconderation of points.

Regards,

Victor
Old Dec 9th 2004, 9:10 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Saif

Is it possible for you to change your application for the SIR or STNI visa? I know SNTI SA only needs 70 points, so you've got more than enough...
Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:27 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Which means that your CO thinks you were working in a SOL occupation different to your nominated occupation.

Is this correct? If you have been working as an IT professional all along, and you have an ACS assessment, you should probably have been given 10 points. Hire a good agent to review your file and negotiate with the case officer.

If the CO is correct - you cannot revise the score now by redoing IELTS. It would have been better to give yourself this extra buffer earlier on. You will have to look at STNI or SIR visa options.

Jeremy
Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Default Lawyer

Base on my scenario who is best lawyer. Please Advise me

Originally Posted by JAJ
Which means that your CO thinks you were working in a SOL occupation different to your nominated occupation.

Is this correct? If you have been working as an IT professional all along, and you have an ACS assessment, you should probably have been given 10 points. Hire a good agent to review your file and negotiate with the case officer.

If the CO is correct - you cannot revise the score now by redoing IELTS. It would have been better to give yourself this extra buffer earlier on. You will have to look at STNI or SIR visa options.

Jeremy
Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:05 pm
SupNil

JAJ,

I wasn't asked by my CO to write IELTS but in the acknowledgement
letter, she asked me to show evidence of my spouse having functional
english. So do I still have to appear for IELTS?

Confused?!?!

JAJ wrote:
    > > Today i get my CO formal advice. i have score 110 as he alloted 5
    > > points to my exp.
    > >
    > > NOW PLEASE TELL ME IF IT IS POSSIBLE IF I RE-DO MY IELTS HE WILL
    > > RECONSIDER THE APPLICATION PUT IT BACK FROM "POOL" AS I HAVE 15
    > Which means that your CO thinks you were working in a SOL occupation
    > different to your nominated occupation.
    > Is this correct? If you have been working as an IT professional all
    > along, and you have an ACS assessment, you should probably have been
    > given 10 points. Hire a good agent to review your file and negotiate
    > with the case officer.
    > If the CO is correct - you cannot revise the score now by redoing
IELTS.
    > It would have been better to give yourself this extra buffer earlier
on.
    > You will have to look at STNI or SIR visa options.
    > Jeremy
    > --
    > This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any
jurisdiction
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:49 pm
SupNil

Default Re: Lawyer

Don't worry Saif !!!! Everything will be all right. I think you should
get somebody from AUS itself.

Old Dec 10th 2004, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

victorgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Saif,

Can u tell us ur qualification, ACS assements, years of experience...........etc etc ...in detail if u need help. Without putting in clear details no one can help.

Victor
Old Dec 10th 2004, 3:37 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by victorgreen
Hi Saif,

Can u tell us ur qualification, ACS assements, years of experience...........etc etc ...in detail if u need help. Without putting in clear details no one can help.

Victor
Saif needs to hire a good migration agent to review his file and see what's wrong with it. This forum can't do that for him - he should ask for recommendations on an agent.

Jeremy
Old Dec 10th 2004, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

volt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Decison Made "POOL the application"

Hello Saif,

I was with the same boat like you. Last time my co told me that I lacked 5 points and I submitted all the desired requirements for my application. But I don't know if I comply with her requirements. With the other additional requirements, she also ask me for the MEDs result of my daughter. I submit it.

But now, I'm already nervous because as I read your thread it seems that we have the same situation and I have not yet received any formal letter from her stating if I qualify for the 115 points or not. (I'm a 2002 applicant also). I know that this is a costly endeavor.

Friends evaluate this one:

I emailed my co and ask the status of my application, she answered" we are processing this case". does it mean that I meet the pass mark of 115 points? another one is, she still ask for the meds of my daughter.... Is there a chance that my application be granted?

Saif, we hope for the best for all of us applicants, pre or post july we need more prayers..

Daer Expats

Today i got response from my CO as of my email query of update on my application.
The response by email:

"my decision being to 'Pool' the application"

what does it means by "POOL",
Refusal or held on the application due to short of points
Old Dec 10th 2004, 11:17 am

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Saif needs to hire a good migration agent to review his file and see what's wrong with it. This forum can't do that for him - he should ask for recommendations on an agent.

Jeremy
www.austimmigration.com.au

George Lombard