Decision Maker

Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Wizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Decision Maker

Hi I have read on here about decision makers?? Where do they come into play? I thought you were assigned a Case Officer and they made the decision based on your application? Does the decision maker do all the work of the Case Officer again before making the decision? All very confusing this process is!! ;
Old Feb 29th 2008, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Decision Maker

Originally Posted by Wizard
Hi I have read on here about decision makers?? Where do they come into play? I thought you were assigned a Case Officer and they made the decision based on your application? Does the decision maker do all the work of the Case Officer again before making the decision? All very confusing this process is!! ;
Case officer checks the whole application, collects the information and then passes it to the decision maker who reviews the application and makes a decision.

You never get to know who your decision maker is, and they are normally very quick.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 2:25 pm
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hereshoping
You never get to know who your decision maker is, and they are normally very quick.
"Normally" being the operative word - our file has apparently been with the decision maker for well over a month now...

Hey-ho, at least the weather is improving here ...
Old Feb 29th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Wizard is an unknown quantity at this point

So two people doing the same thing hey ho!! No wonder it all takes soooooooooooooo long!!!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:46 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hereshoping
Case officer checks the whole application, collects the information and then passes it to the decision maker who reviews the application and makes a decision.

The only thing my CO was waiting for was our new pcc's. When we sent them on 23/2/08 our visa was granted 4 days later!!! Decision maker was very quick with ours!!!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:50 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Our decision maker has been trying to make their decision for 6 weeks, I didn't know such a person existed I thought the CO made the decision
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

The DM as had ours for 6 weeks too!
Old Mar 1st 2008, 2:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

To my understanding, the CO will compile all the necessary paperwork. It is their job to check that every part of the application is covered, all the paperwork supplied. It's their job to chase up with the applicant anything which is missing, and to check out anything like references which need to be followed up.
Only when the application is complete, all the necessary papers supplied, all the requiremens met and nothing left to chase, then it will go to a decision maker (of a higher level) to confirm whether the visa can be granted or not.

So it's not really two doing the same job, its one compiling the info and doing the leg work, and a higher authority actually saying "OK all in order, here's the visa"
Old Mar 1st 2008, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Fugazi1000 will become famous soon enoughFugazi1000 will become famous soon enough

It makes sense, as there are less people susceptible to bribery, and a separation of duties can be maintained.

Apparently the mechanism for a CO to notify a Decision Maker that a file is ready for approval is via an update to an Excel spreadsheet! I'm sure there's scope for error and room for improvement....
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fugazi1000
It makes sense, as there are less people susceptible to bribery, and a separation of duties can be maintained.

Apparently the mechanism for a CO to notify a Decision Maker that a file is ready for approval is via an update to an Excel spreadsheet! I'm sure there's scope for error and room for improvement....
The segregation of duties does make a lot of sense as you say. I would have thought the system could be automated though, the details entered by the CO with access to one part of the system, and the decision makers with access to another part of the system could have a "job queue" for want of a better phrase which automatically brings up the details of those waiting on a decision. That could automatically send the email once the decision maker finalises the application.

I would have thought it should be fairly straightforward to design, and would probably save quite a lot of cost and make the process quicker as well......

Might look at aiming for Adelaide instead and offer my services I really can see how it could be put together and I reckon it would save a fortune!