December 2007 Applicants

Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:15 am
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice
Default Re: December 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Chantal
Good to hear that there are others who bought tickets. Did you already apply for a ETA? My application for a ETA (6 months) is lodged on Friday the 13th!! The reason why I applied for the ETA that early is that I wouldn’t risk that my ETA comes after my PR. However I still think that we December people will receive our grand letter in the beginning of July. I wish the financial year was over already.

Good luck with everything, it’s only a few weeks from now!

Chantal
We didn't apply yet. We thought we'd wait until first week of July to see if they move on which they propably won't We were thinking of applying the normal ETA which costs 20$. That comes in a matter of minutes. I tend to be a little pessimistic and don't think we will receive our visa before September

When are you leaving and where? We're heading to Brisbane on 7th of August. That is only a few weeks and I'm selling rest of kids clothes on finnish version of ebay right now

Kati
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Chantal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
We didn't apply yet. We thought we'd wait until first week of July to see if they move on which they propably won't We were thinking of applying the normal ETA which costs 20$. That comes in a matter of minutes. I tend to be a little pessimistic and don't think we will receive our visa before September

When are you leaving and where? We're heading to Brisbane on 7th of August. That is only a few weeks and I'm selling rest of kids clothes on finnish version of ebay right now

Kati
The normal ETA is for maximum 3 months, since there is no sign of a CO I was not sure if this was enough……. A Ve 676 for 6 months cost me $75,- so it not that bad. I am Dutch so probably my application is also a little behind all the British applications in December.

I’m heading to Melbourne on the 5th of august. And there is really nothing to arrange anymore. House was sold in January, had to leave it 28th April. I stopped working end of may, currently I’m on holiday leave… Accommodation for the first week is booked. So I can sit back and relax and enjoy the little amount of time left with family and friends.

Good luck with ebay!

Chantal
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:47 am
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

The normal ETA is for maximum 3 months, since there is no sign of a CO I was not sure if this was enough……. A Ve 676 for 6 months cost me $75,- so it not that bad. I am Dutch so probably my application is also a little behind all the British applications in December.

I’m heading to Melbourne on the 5th of august. And there is really nothing to arrange anymore. House was sold in January, had to leave it 28th April. I stopped working end of may, currently I’m on holiday leave… Accommodation for the first week is booked. So I can sit back and relax and enjoy the little amount of time left with family and friends.

Good luck with ebay!

Chantal
Hmm maybe we should consider that too. Have you any idea how long it takes to process? If we wait until say 10th on July would it be too late? I think with this situation in processing times I dare not take the risk

Kati
Old Jun 18th 2008, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
Hmm maybe we should consider that too. Have you any idea how long it takes to process? If we wait until say 10th on July would it be too late? I think with this situation in processing times I dare not take the risk

Kati
This process takes up to 2 weeks. But be aware the ETA visa has to be granted BEFORE the PR!!
I have sent a mail to the DIAC this was their answer:
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s
General Skilled Migration program.

If you have lodged an application for a General Skilled Migration visa you
can also apply for, and be granted, any other type of temporary visa. This
will not affect your General Skilled Migration visa application.

If you have applied for one of the ‘onshore’ General Skilled Migration
visas, your visa can only be granted while you are in Australia. If you
have applied for one of the ‘offshore’ General Skilled Migration visas,
then you must be outside Australia at the time a decision is made on your
visa application.

If you are granted a permanent visa any other temporary visas you hold
will cease.

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please
refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.
au/contacts/visa-enquiries/professionals.htm

Yours sincerely,
Because of this reply I immediately applied for a Ve676, wouldn’t risk losing my PR.

Chantal
Old Jun 18th 2008, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

rickinbrisbane is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.

The ETA lasts for a year - you just have to leave Australia for 3 or 4 days every 3 months! This is what I've done while waiting for my visa - a couple of trips over to New Zealand have been great fun!
Old Jun 18th 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rickinbrisbane
Hi all.

The ETA lasts for a year - you just have to leave Australia for 3 or 4 days every 3 months! This is what I've done while waiting for my visa - a couple of trips over to New Zealand have been great fun!
Why didn't you apply for a ETA Ve 676 this visa is granted for either 3,6 or 12 months?? Think the $75 is cheaper than all the fights to NZ!

Chantal
Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

colworthkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to jump in, I've been following this thread but am confused what a PR is?! I bet it's obvious! Anyhow, I was talking to a friend's mum yesterday and mentioned that some were fed up with waiting and had decided to go out on and ETA. She said that she knew of other who had done this and they were put on the next available flight back. I'm not sure the whys and wherefores but I think it is to do with being in Oz when and offshore application is granted. Perhaps this is something to consider in view of Chantal's comments and the email received. Obviously, the type of visa applied for makes a big difference.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by colworthkid
Sorry to jump in, I've been following this thread but am confused what a PR is?! I bet it's obvious! Anyhow, I was talking to a friend's mum yesterday and mentioned that some were fed up with waiting and had decided to go out on and ETA. She said that she knew of other who had done this and they were put on the next available flight back. I'm not sure the whys and wherefores but I think it is to do with being in Oz when and offshore application is granted. Perhaps this is something to consider in view of Chantal's comments and the email received. Obviously, the type of visa applied for makes a big difference.
PR means Permanent Residency! A visa type Ve 175 and Ve 176 are examples of PR visa’s but there are probably more. There is no problem to apply for a ETA (tourist visa) as long as you receive this visa before you receive your grand for the in example Ve 176.

I lodged my application 9th December, no Co yet, so I applied for a Ve676 (tourist 6 months) on 13th June. My tourist visa was approved 18th June, which give me the possibility to enter Australia within 1 year as many times as I want but for a maximum of 6 months at a time. But this visa is just to be sure, I still think we December lot will receive our visa first 2 weeks of July!

Visa grant date 18/06/2008
Visa expiry date 18/06/2009
Visa grant number XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Entries allowed Multiple entries to and from Australia during the validity of
your visa
Must not arrive after 18/06/2009
Period of stay 06 months
Chantal
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

rickinbrisbane is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't realise you could get an ETA that lasted longer! Still, I had a couple
of lovely trips over to Christchurch - went on the Transalpine Express etc, and loved New Zealand.

The visa's taken so long now, that the ETA year ran out, so I applied online again for a Tourist Visa, which is what I'm on now. If the visa STILL doesn't arrive when that runs out, I'll probably try a Spouse visa! :-)

Anyway, it's great out here, so I'd recommend coming out early to get used to it. It's not too hot at the moment, so it's a great time to come.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

colworthkid is an unknown quantity at this point

I knew it would be something obvious. We're on a 175. I'm glad you are feeling positive. Everyone on here seems so negative about the whole process - really fed up. I had hoped that I could have our plans laid before the children went back to school in September. If you are correct then we will be celebrating very soon! Fingers crossed. What part of Holland are you from? My OH is Dutch and we are trying to sort out a trip out there before we go to Perth. He wants to catch up with family etc before we go. The exchange rate is so bad at the moment.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:48 pm
Crazy Finn

Originally Posted by rickinbrisbane
I didn't realise you could get an ETA that lasted longer! Still, I had a couple
of lovely trips over to Christchurch - went on the Transalpine Express etc, and loved New Zealand.

The visa's taken so long now, that the ETA year ran out, so I applied online again for a Tourist Visa, which is what I'm on now. If the visa STILL doesn't arrive when that runs out, I'll probably try a Spouse visa! :-)

Anyway, it's great out here, so I'd recommend coming out early to get used to it. It's not too hot at the moment, so it's a great time to come.
And we will Hopefully we could have a cuppa at some point. Could use some advice on NZ also since we do want to visit the country also and don't mind leaving after 3 months. We will be there on the 9th of August so drop us PM!

This process takes up to 2 weeks. But be aware the ETA visa has to be granted BEFORE the PR!!
I have sent a mail to the DIAC this was their answer:

Because of this reply I immediately applied for a Ve676, wouldn’t risk losing my PR.

Chantal
There are five of us so I think we'll just apply the normal ETA since it might take us even longer to process the 676. Don't wanna risk it either. We'll wait until the beginning of July and see what happens that week and then apply for the ETA. STILL I don't believe they will get to our visa before August...

Thanks for the info Chantal!!

Kati
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

rob1210 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, does anyone that applied in December 2007 have a CO yet? We applied for 176 electronically Dec 11 and have heard absolutely nothing yet :curse: I read on other threads that it could be up to 12 months AAaaargh...I am 42 going on 43 in May next year worried ill be out of date before the Visa gets granted LOL
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:11 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rob1210
Hi, does anyone that applied in December 2007 have a CO yet? We applied for 176 electronically Dec 11 and have heard absolutely nothing ...
Sorry buddy - it's all quiet here too...
Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
Sorry buddy - it's all quiet here too...
As far as I know DIAC have given out their quota of visa's for the year and will start granting again from July 1st. Nobody is getting their visa's at the moment so I think everyone is a bit cheesed off
Old Jun 19th 2008, 8:09 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by helena39
As far as I know DIAC have given out their quota of visa's for the year and will start granting again from July 1st.
Hi Helena,

Just out of interest, has this been said officially by DIAC, or are we just presuming? What is the relevance of July 1st? Is the financial year different in Aus to the UK and starts/ends in July and not April???

Cheers,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.