December 2007 Applicants

Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:04 am
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice
Default Re: December 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by mary1967
This waiting game is seriously stressing me out as well:curse: We applied on line on the 23rd Dec, frontloaded medicals on 14.01.08 (finalised 22.01.08) and the pnc checks at end of January. We're hoping to go in October, although if we get the visa through and sell the house we could go anytime from August.

We decided to put the house up for sale 2 weeks ago...............had 3 viewers, 2 weren't interested but today we had the other one come for a second viewing....................OMG.................... .viewers from hell:curse: Looked in every cupboard, drawer etc, and were completely obnoxious. I've nothing against people asking questions and wanting to satisfy themselves that everything's above board but, my god, this bloke pulled so hard on one of the end panels in the kitchen that it actually came off!!!! My OH was livid:curse: I think we can safely say we won't be getting an offer, although my OH made me laugh when he said he wouldn't sell to them anyway, as if we've really got a choice about who we sell to

We've decided that if the worse comes to the worse, we'll all go over in October but my hubby will fly back after a few weeks and stay until the house is sorted, or if it's still looking bleak after a few months, arrange to rent the house out. The main reason for wanting to go by October is because my eldest will be 16 and i'm keen to sort out a school for when she starts after the New Year. Keep wishing we'd done this a few years ago, cause then we could've just waited until the house sold

Anyone else in a similar situation and thinking of doing the same?
We are in exactly the same position as you - decided that if we get the visa we will go in October even if the house isn't sold, we will just rent it out.

My children are younger though, three boys. 10, 8 and 4. Where are you heading? We still can't decide between Sydney or Melbourne
Old Feb 24th 2008, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ittakesages
We are in exactly the same position as you - decided that if we get the visa we will go in October even if the house isn't sold, we will just rent it out.

My children are younger though, three boys. 10, 8 and 4. Where are you heading? We still can't decide between Sydney or Melbourne
In the same boat as well! Four children and one will turn 16 in November - but it is likely she will stay back for a few months to finish her GCSEs. House not yet on market as if it sells and it all falls through we'll never get back on the housing ladder... The waiting is worse than the last few weeks of pregnancy! We're a paper based 475 so it is all very complicated. Will be booking meds in next two weeks so can string out the cost a bit. Hoping for a CO sometime this Spring but the waiting is so frustrating!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:59 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

[QUOTE=jane BK;5976839]The waiting is worse than the last few weeks of pregnancy! QUOTE]

Hahahahah SO TRUE and I have pregnancy waiting still in fresh memory

We also put our flat on the market. We can move to FIL's for the waiting time and we wouldn't stay in this flat anyway it's too small Hope to sell in 2-3 months so we'll be ready to leave easier.

Kaitlin
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:12 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a killer isn't it? Having to make life changing decisions with no guarantees at the end, just the hope that we'll be granted a visa and it'll all work out when we get over there, and we wonder why we're stressed out

I've made a bet with my OH about our viewer from hell, if we get an offer (he's convinced we will), then i've got to buy him the new Linken Park CD, and if we don't get an offer (think i'm on a winner here!), he'll buy me a CD of my choice I was on real downer yesterday, but having discussed it ALL day i've regained my sense of humour and feel much better, hence the bet!

I must admit i'm not keen on the rental idea, but if it's the only way i can get over there in time to get the kids settled in school before the New Year, then we're prepared to do it. My OH doesn't like the idea of coming back and trying to sell while me and the kids are over there, but i guess it depends on the housing market in October as to what we end up doing.

Although my daughter wants to go to Oz, thank you god! i'm stressing about moving her during a vital part in her education. Due to the uncertainty of this whole visa process, we've had to continue living as if we've not applied, which means my daugher will be taking her GCSE's in May/June, she's even selected the college she would want to go to if we don't end up going!!! We've discussed what will happen when we get to Oz and she wants to do year 11 again, rather than just year 12, which she's only required to do. We're hoping that by doing it this way, she'll have the chance of making friends and going through the same education process as other kids. I've been told that most schools are happy for kids to drop back a year in this type of situations, so once we've got the visa i'm gonna start contacting schools over there to see whether they're happy for her to do this, and they'd better say yes Is this what other people are thinking of doing?

We're hoping to go to Perth, not sure where exactly, although i've got friends in Port Kennedy, so we may start off in that area.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:22 pm
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=mary1967;5978532]It's a killer isn't it? Having to make life changing decisions with no guarantees at the end, just the hope that we'll be granted a visa and it'll all work out when we get over there, and we wonder why we're stressed out

I've made a bet with my OH about our viewer from hell, if we get an offer (he's convinced we will), then i've got to buy him the new Linken Park CD, and if we don't get an offer (think i'm on a winner here!), he'll buy me a CD of my choice I was on real downer yesterday, but having discussed it ALL day i've regained my sense of humour and feel much better, hence the bet!

I must admit i'm not keen on the rental idea, but if it's the only way i can get over there in time to get the kids settled in school before the New Year, then we're prepared to do it. My OH doesn't like the idea of coming back and trying to sell while me and the kids are over there, but i guess it depends on the housing market in October as to what we end up doing.

Although my daughter wants to go to Oz, thank you god! i'm stressing about moving her during a vital part in her education. Due to the uncertainty of this whole visa process, we've had to continue living as if we've not applied, which means my daugher will be taking her GCSE's in May/June, she's even selected the college she would want to go to if we don't end up going!!! We've discussed what will happen when we get to Oz and she wants to do year 11 again, rather than just year 12, which she's only required to do. We're hoping that by doing it this way, she'll have the chance of making friends and going through the same education process as other kids. I've been told that most schools are happy for kids to drop back a year in this type of situations, so once we've got the visa i'm gonna start contacting schools over there to see whether they're happy for her to do this, and they'd better say yes Is this what other people are thinking of doing?

We're hoping to go to Perth, not sure where exactly,

Hiya

Yes, I am in a similar situation, my daughter is taking her GCSE's this year and does not want to go to Oz. I managed to talk her round in getting her to go to the medicals. But I also encouraged her to apply for 6th form as you never know what will happen with the visa process. I too are going to wait until we know for sure if or when we get our visa and then make the nec steps for her education. I have emailed a few school and they are happy to discuss her options when we arrive in Oz and I have been reassured that everything will be ok!

The house has been put on the market and fingers crossed, will will be making our move to Oz (Adelaide) at the end of Aug/Sept.

Debs
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

My OH doesn't like the idea of coming back and trying to sell while me and the kids are over there,

He wont have to come back to sell. You can do it from over there once you have a solicitor at home looking after things then it can be done by electronic signature
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
My OH doesn't like the idea of coming back and trying to sell while me and the kids are over there,

He wont have to come back to sell. You can do it from over there once you have a solicitor at home looking after things then it can be done by electronic signature

Thanks for the info, i hadn't thought of that!!!! I'll discuss with my OH tonight.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

It's a killer isn't it? Having to make life changing decisions with no guarantees at the end, just the hope that we'll be granted a visa and it'll all work out when we get over there, and we wonder why we're stressed out

We're hoping to go to Perth, not sure where exactly, although i've got friends in Port Kennedy, so we may start off in that area.

Hi Mary,

If we have not sold our house before we go we will sign power of attorney to our solicitor so he can sell the house for us therefore there is no need to come back to sell it. Can do do that in UK?

Helena
Old Feb 25th 2008, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Mary,

If we have not sold our house before we go we will sign power of attorney to our solicitor so he can sell the house for us therefore there is no need to come back to sell it. Can do do that in UK?

Helena

I'm not sure but it's something i'll be looking into, thanks!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:48 am
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

We sold our flat!! We didn't quite think it would happen this fast

Now have less than 5 weeks to sell all furniture still unsold and pack the rest and move temporarily to FIL's.

Wouldn't mind a little virtual help with all this fuzz of selling and moving with three kids Kids will turn 3 and 5 in the end of month so have have b-day party also before moving since everyone that might be invited are here in Helsinki.

Getting a little anxious. Will everything turn out alright? What if we won't get the visa? Suppose this is normal to be feeling like this. What are your thoughts other fellow decembrees??

Kaitlin
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kaitlin

Now have less than 5 weeks to sell all furniture still unsold and pack the rest and move temporarily to FIL's.

Wouldn't mind a little virtual help with all this fuzz of selling and moving with three kids Kids will turn 3 and 5 in the end of month so have have b-day party also before moving since everyone that might be invited are here in Helsinki.

Getting a little anxious. Will everything turn out alright? What if we won't get the visa? Suppose this is normal to be feeling like this. What are your thoughts other fellow decembrees??

Kaitlin
Congratulations on selling your flat Kaitlin Best of luck with the packing

Helena
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

The Randalls will become famous soon enough

Kaitlin
It'll be cool Though I do admire you with three children, I'd be terrified!
Take each day as it comes..
And congrats on selling the flat! The day you get to Aus is getting closer and closer!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:39 am
Crazy Finn

Originally Posted by The Randalls
It'll be cool Though I do admire you with three children, I'd be terrified!
Take each day as it comes..
And congrats on selling the flat! The day you get to Aus is getting closer and closer!
Yep, that's the only way to go. Plus I've given a little liberties to kids eg. they can watch videos a little more and such. Otherwise couldn't manage. I can be the terrible strict mother later

Kaitlin
Old Feb 29th 2008, 4:54 pm

Kaitlin

Brilliant I think your feelings are perfectly normal, cause i'm feeling the same way We've had an offer on our house, which was less than we wanted, so we've not accepted, which in one way is a relief (no visa yet) and in another way disappointment (or will be when the blasted visa gets granted!!!!).
Old Mar 5th 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future

Brilliant I think your feelings are perfectly normal, cause i'm feeling the same way We've had an offer on our house, which was less than we wanted, so we've not accepted, which in one way is a relief (no visa yet) and in another way disappointment (or will be when the blasted visa gets granted!!!!).
Any news anyone on the December pile? Booked our meds for April in the hope that we may hear something soon after then and at least we'd be prepared.

Does anyone else's life revolve around statements and questions which always begin with "if"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.