December 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:14 pm

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: December 2007 Applicants

We've decided to get rid of all our furniture and only take a few things that are of sentimental value and some of the kids toys and things. We've been quoted £290 for a couple of boxes which they will deliver so we can pack and then collect when we ask. They will also keep it for us and then deliver once we are settled in Australia. I'm not overly impressed with the quality of the furniture in the UK and think I would prefer to buy new ones when we are settled. My in-laws went the container route when they were emigrating and had £2500 worth of damage done to their furniture.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:16 pm

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the Westpac suggestion, I will look into it. Am I right in thinking you can only exchange your drivers licence for an Aussie one one you are there?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

JohnandDiana is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: December 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi we have been quoted £3K for a 20ft from Southampton to Perth - I don't think Mary has a full container though - Mary am I right
Thanks for the info Basty.

Seems you got your visa through in a good time....no such luck for us as we haven't even got a CO yet
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

colworthkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we have been quoted £3K for a 20ft from Southampton to Perth - I don't think Mary has a full container though - Mary am I right
Hi Fiona. Which company did you get your quote from? I'm guessing ours will go the sdame route if we go that way. Still can't decide how much to take. Hope all's well! x
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:41 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnandDiana
Hi Mary,

I've not been on this forum for long but find it very informative.
I'm curious to know which shipping company you use and if that included packing as I have been quoted £3,500 for a 20 foot container from Stockport - Perth.
It's only half a container, but i'm taking 2 two seater sofa's, a 4 seater sofa, american fridge freezer, flat screen tv, double bed, single bed, desk, computer table, set of drawers, 2 computers, small table, 2 portable tv's, pans, plates, pictures, and several boxes of stuff. We're going with John Mason.

Yep, half a container, so your price of 3k is better than ours

Originally Posted by Kitten24
Thank you for the Westpac suggestion, I will look into it. Am I right in thinking you can only exchange your drivers licence for an Aussie one one you are there?

I think so.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

abcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kitten24
Actually there is a type which called "international driving licence" which is issued by my country, we were using this licence when we studied at OZ 8 yrs ago and it was not problem.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JohnandDiana
Thanks for the info Basty.

Seems you got your visa through in a good time....no such luck for us as we haven't even got a CO yet
I know - don't ask me how we done it - all I can say is that we done 'A Mary' and went on holiday in August and we received it whilst we were away, totally out of the blue

Originally Posted by colworthkid
Hi Fiona. Which company did you get your quote from? I'm guessing ours will go the sdame route if we go that way. Still can't decide how much to take. Hope all's well! x
Hi Jill, how are you? We are going with White & Co in Botley, southampton. I did haggle a little and we have used them before when we went to NZ and was very pleased with their service when are you heading out?? We have put our house up for let and within a matter of weeks we have a tenant for 12 months which is excellant

Originally Posted by mary1967
It's only half a container, but i'm taking 2 two seater sofa's, a 4 seater sofa, american fridge freezer, flat screen tv, double bed, single bed, desk, computer table, set of drawers, 2 computers, small table, 2 portable tv's, pans, plates, pictures, and several boxes of stuff. We're going with John Mason.

I don't reakon ours is a full container but we have a lot of tool boxes etc and quite big furniture, but I don't mind having the container to ourselves Looking at what you are taking though does make me think twice but then both co's came back with the same so..........just go with the flow at least with ours we don't have towait for someone else to come along andfill the container

Yep, half a container, so your price of 3k is better than ours

I think so.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:48 am

I know - don't ask me how we done it - all I can say is that we done 'A Mary' and went on holiday in August and we received it whilst we were away, totally out of the blue

Hi Jill, how are you? We are going with White & Co in Botley, southampton. I did haggle a little and we have used them before when we went to NZ and was very pleased with their service when are you heading out?? We have put our house up for let and within a matter of weeks we have a tenant for 12 months which is excellant

I dread to think when we'll be getting our stuff, but what's done is done - maybe it's a good excuse to shop when we get there

OH gave his notice in yesterday We're both official UNEMPLOYED!!! Just hope we can get jobs in Oz otherwise we're screwed.

Just waiting for the dogs blood results to come back now and for exchange to take place - if the stress of this move doesn't send me mad, i don't know what will

Brilliant news about your tenants Fiona, at least you can relax now.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Just waiting for the dogs blood results to come back now and for exchange to take place - if the stress of this move doesn't send me mad, i don't know what will

Brilliant news about your tenants Fiona, at least you can relax now.[/QUOTE]

Mad - Mary aren't you already mad
Fingers crossed on the dog and the house, when are they both intended???
And you screwed....................don't be daft, OH will walk off that plane and into a job, i'm sure you will make sure of that
Had a massive bustup with mum today all over son breaking a flipping knome in her garden:curse: Mum's OH said in a very disgusted voice - 'oh he has just gone and broken your knome and then chucked it in the well!!' F**k I hate her OH, he doesn't like kids and especially Calum I had only been there 10 mins, didn't even get to drink my tea:curse: off I trotted with the kids back home and then mum followed in her car and we had a massive arguement and she walked off I have rung to apologise
Calmed down abit now but where was OH - at work as usual so had to go and off load at his aunties bless her
Going to have a drink now and sit and watch X factor
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:06 am
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
Guess what...

We got the PRE-GRANT LETTER today

Such a relief! FINALLY we can move on with our lives. Thank you all for listening and wish all Dec people would get their visas soon.

We'll be heading to NZ tomorrow then for almost two weeks for validation holiday before hubby starts work.

I also got my QLD driver license today so am starting to feel at home here

Now to bed. Been a busy day since we got the letter arranging the flights, carrental, accomodation and so on...

Kati a proud owner of a pre grant letter
Congratulations Kati & Family.

I've not been on BE for a while, so a bit behind, but I hope everyone is getting on well with plans / progress / enjoying new lives down under...
Old Sep 28th 2008, 4:41 pm

Basty - Hope you managed to sort things out with your mum - at least you don't have to put up with your mum's OH for long
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:35 pm
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

Hi all!

Its been a while since I have been on here....so much sorting out to do. W have not booked flights yet, but plan to booke them by the end of mext week. The removal company are delivering some boxes tomorrow, so my weekend will be taken up packing unessential items.

We are aiming to fly to Brisbane on or around 5th November (we have friends who moved their last year), then we travel to Adelaide and should arrive there 3rd week in November. As sson as fligts are booked, I need to book accommodation in Adelaide...so much to do..

I have not had chance to read back on all the messages posted on here, so I hope you have your visas now.

Debs
x
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

colworthkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, dare I say it?

We have it! Yes at last after a stressful 10 months wait, we now have our visa! We have to be in Australia by 29th January! Oooo soooo much to do! Still, it's a bit like having a baby ... just think what you get after the long wait!!!! Sunshine, funshine!!

Fingers crossed for those still waiting!!

Must go. Got to do job number one on the must do list (which is currently at 368 and still growing!!!)
lol, Jill
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Well, dare I say it?

We have it! Yes at last after a stressful 10 months wait, we now have our visa! We have to be in Australia by 29th January! Oooo soooo much to do! Still, it's a bit like having a baby ... just think what you get after the long wait!!!! Sunshine, funshine!!

Must go. Got to do job number one on the must do list (which is currently at 368 and still growing!!!)
lol, Jill
CONGRATULATIONS JILL I was just looking around me thinking Jesus what a flipping mess my house is, Iseem to start sorting 1 room and then I get bored and move onto another
Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Well, dare I say it?

lol, Jill

CONGRATULATIONS on YOUR VISA GRANT, Jill!

I was a little Puzzled over how that happened TODAY (Labour Day in AUS) when I realized it was on the
1st of October!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.