December 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:41 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: December 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by AshyB
no need - the wait is finally over...

both of you shut it you've already got flights booked and end dates at work...

i still need to do all that!! (god i hate playing catch up!)

My jaw hit the floor..............still can't believe it.............thought you'd never get it
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:07 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mary1967
My jaw hit the floor..............still can't believe it.............thought you'd never get it
Charming!
Old Sep 24th 2008, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by AshyB
Charming!

I aim to please
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:01 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Guess what...

We got the PRE-GRANT LETTER today

Such a relief! FINALLY we can move on with our lives. Thank you all for listening and wish all Dec people would get their visas soon.

We'll be heading to NZ tomorrow then for almost two weeks for validation holiday before hubby starts work.

I also got my QLD driver license today so am starting to feel at home here

Now to bed. Been a busy day since we got the letter arranging the flights, carrental, accomodation and so on...

Kati a proud owner of a pre grant letter
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Daan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
Guess what...

Such a relief! FINALLY we can move on with our lives. Thank you all for listening and wish all Dec people would get their visas soon.

We'll be heading to NZ tomorrow then for almost two weeks for validation holiday before hubby starts work.

Now to bed. Been a busy day since we got the letter arranging the flights, carrental, accomodation and so on...

Congratulations Kati! That's good news.

Oh wow, you are the same as us: a 175 visa lodged on 21-12-2007 and all docs frontloaded. Could this be good news for us as well....

We'll see.

Daan
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Guess what...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At long last!!! Well done!!! So pleased for you!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:47 pm

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I've been reading back and am so pleased for everyone that has their visa's already. We applied for our 175 visa on the 14th December and received it on the 13th of August. Really chuffed! We are busy doing all our packing and sorting at the moment and will be leaving in November. (Via South Africa for an extended holiday)

Has everyone started sorting out drivers licences, banks and accomodation yet or are you waiting to arrive before doing so? I'm a bit nervous about leaving so many things till the last minute and would prefer to sort as much as possible now, so would love to hear who has done so already and how they went about it.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone still waiting. Fingers crossed it wont be a long wait.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:37 pm

Guess what...

Brilliant News Kati!!!!! .

Sounds like you've settled in well already, makes me feel less nervous
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

abcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Daan
Congratulations Kati! That's good news.

Oh wow, you are the same as us: a 175 visa lodged on 21-12-2007 and all docs frontloaded. Could this be good news for us as well....

We'll see.

Daan
Hi: we are the same date same visa aswell!! we get CO and requested add doc Form1101, so, hope you hear the good new soon
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

abcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the roughabcn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kitten24
Hi,

I've been reading back and am so pleased for everyone that has their visa's already. We applied for our 175 visa on the 14th December and received it on the 13th of August. Really chuffed! We are busy doing all our packing and sorting at the moment and will be leaving in November. (Via South Africa for an extended holiday)

Has everyone started sorting out drivers licences, banks and accomodation yet or are you waiting to arrive before doing so? I'm a bit nervous about leaving so many things till the last minute and would prefer to sort as much as possible now, so would love to hear who has done so already and how they went about it.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone still waiting. Fingers crossed it wont be a long wait.
I am also a person who nervous all things till last minute. althought we just have CO, but I am starting to pack my things, and hope can move NOV. we just plan to bring clothings, doc, few children favourite toys(as shipping fee would be more expensive than buy new one) . so I am packing the things which "don't want to bring" now.
bank can consider :http://www.westpac.com.au/internet/p...igrant+banking
accomodation is the thing to worry, although can found a lot of house to sale or rent at the website, but no idea about the environment, so we are thinking to rent a apartment for 1 month to given time to find a suitable house and school.
our driving licences can apply to international driving licences for few months.
The timing is hold on CO's hand, hope everything go soon and can move at Nov on time to arrange then children start school end of Jan 09.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by abcn
I am also a person who nervous all things till last minute. althought we just have CO, but I am starting to pack my things, and hope can move NOV. we just plan to bring clothings, doc, few children favourite toys(as shipping fee would be more expensive than buy new one) . so I am packing the things which "don't want to bring" now.
accomodation is the thing to worry, although can found a lot of house to sale or rent at the website, but no idea about the environment, so we are thinking to rent a apartment for 1 month to given time to find a suitable house and school.
our driving licences can apply to international driving licences for few months.
The timing is hold on CO's hand, hope everything go soon and can move at Nov on time to arrange then children start school end of Jan 09.

You sound really organised!!!! It's taking ages to sort stuff out and sell what we don't want, so i'd definitely recommend doing it now.

We've opened a westpac account, which we'll activate properly when we get to Oz, basically you can put money in, but you can't take it out unless you get your own bank in the UK to fill a form in to identify you.

Our shipping fee is £2,150 and that includes most of our big items, like sofa's, beds, american fridge freezer etc. The marine insurance was just £104 with Letton Percival.

Good luck with the packing, hope you hear about your visa's soon.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by abcn
I'm with you. We're not bringing much. I've been purging a lot of stuff - got the basement, 1st floor and loft done, have 1 more floor to go - but I don't have much more energy at the moment.

We're hoping to do the same as you - go in November. But until we get a CO and the MEDS clear, we cannot tell the Renter Yes. So STUCK.

Good luck to you in your preparations. Hope it all comes together!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

JohnandDiana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mary1967
You sound really organised!!!! It's taking ages to sort stuff out and sell what we don't want, so i'd definitely recommend doing it now.

We've opened a westpac account, which we'll activate properly when we get to Oz, basically you can put money in, but you can't take it out unless you get your own bank in the UK to fill a form in to identify you.

Our shipping fee is £2,150 and that includes most of our big items, like sofa's, beds, american fridge freezer etc. The marine insurance was just £104 with Letton Percival.

Good luck with the packing, hope you hear about your visa's soon.

Hi Mary,

I've not been on this forum for long but find it very informative.
I'm curious to know which shipping company you use and if that included packing as I have been quoted £3,500 for a 20 foot container from Stockport - Perth.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Mary & Tiger! take a rest and start to pack again! now is our job. POOL THING
our Form 1101 arrived to sydney today (by DHL to our friend then he help us send to ACT would be faster), so hopefully Australian Federal Police Department is not too busy at this period .

Last edited by abcn; Sep 26th 2008 at 9:29 am.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JohnandDiana
Hi Mary,

I've not been on this forum for long but find it very informative.
I'm curious to know which shipping company you use and if that included packing as I have been quoted £3,500 for a 20 foot container from Stockport - Perth.
Hi we have been quoted £3K for a 20ft from Southampton to Perth - I don't think Mary has a full container though - Mary am I right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.