Wikiposts

De-facto Visa Application

Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:10 am
Just Joined

Mlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Question De-facto Visa Application

My girlfriend and I have been together for 22 months now. We met in the UK in January 2003 at work and have been in our relationship ever since. We went on holiday from the UK in April 2003 to South Africa. From there she went back to Australia and I went back to the UK. I went over to Australia on a Working Holiday Visa in July 2003 where we moved intogether straight away. I was sponsored to work over there in October 2003 and stayed there until August 2004. I moved back to the UK then to earn some pounds and save up some money. Now that that is done I intend to move back to Australia on a De-facto Visa. I have been over since I left for a week and currently have another trip for christmas. I still pay rent on my flat over there as this was always going to be a temporary move. Can any one advise on the process that needs to take place here. For me applying whilst over and and her applying whilst over there. Can anyone reccomend any good agents?
Old Nov 4th 2004, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough
Default Re: De-facto Visa Application

Originally Posted by Mlaw
My girlfriend and I have been together for 22 months now. We met in the UK in January 2003 at work and have been in our relationship ever since. We went on holiday from the UK in April 2003 to South Africa. From there she went back to Australia and I went back to the UK. I went over to Australia on a Working Holiday Visa in July 2003 where we moved intogether straight away. I was sponsored to work over there in October 2003 and stayed there until August 2004. I moved back to the UK then to earn some pounds and save up some money. Now that that is done I intend to move back to Australia on a De-facto Visa. I have been over since I left for a week and currently have another trip for christmas. I still pay rent on my flat over there as this was always going to be a temporary move. Can any one advise on the process that needs to take place here. For me applying whilst over and and her applying whilst over there. Can anyone reccomend any good agents?

Presumably your other half is an Oz citizen?

Working on this assumption the process is reasonably straight forward.
Go to www.immi.gov.au and download forms 40sp (for your partner to sponsor you) and form 47SP which is for you to fill in.
Also download Booklet 1 which will tell you in detail what else is required. You will also need form 888 to provide at least two statutory declarations from Australian citizens. They need to fill these in and get them witnessed.
There is a lot of evidence you'll need to provide but this is set out in the booklet.

Good luck and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 7:53 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have a years co-habitation? Get the forms listed by Ushas www.immi.gov.au/allforms and have a good read. Applying at the London AHC is not hard and front end loaded applications are very quick.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ushas
Presumably your other half is an Oz citizen?

Working on this assumption the process is reasonably straight forward.
Go to www.immi.gov.au and download forms 40sp (for your partner to sponsor you) and form 47SP which is for you to fill in.
Also download Booklet 1 which will tell you in detail what else is required. You will also need form 888 to provide at least two statutory declarations from Australian citizens. They need to fill these in and get them witnessed.
There is a lot of evidence you'll need to provide but this is set out in the booklet.

Good luck and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for that. Yes my other Half is an Oz citizen. She is currently over there at the moment.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bondipom
Do you have a years co-habitation? Get the forms listed by Ushas www.immi.gov.au/allforms and have a good read. Applying at the London AHC is not hard and front end loaded applications are very quick.

Thanks for that - what do you mean by front end loaded?
Old Nov 4th 2004, 9:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that - what do you mean by front end loaded?
Thats when you include all the info straight away, plus the policse check and medical, instead of waiting for DIMIA to write and ask for them.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:43 am
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: De-facto Visa Application

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thats when you include all the info straight away, plus the policse check and medical, instead of waiting for DIMIA to write and ask for them.
Gotcha

Just had a long chat with a Migration Agent and they seem to think that the application would be declined seeing as already been out of the country for 3 months, we didn't get a joint bank account etc.....

So back to the drawing board......