De facto spouse application part 2

Old Oct 16th 2003, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default De facto spouse application part 2

Hi,

I've just handed in (to the Adelaide DIMIA office) the second part of my de facto spouse visa application. (with all necessary documentation)

I don't think there is any chance that I won't get the visa, but I'm still sort of nervous about it all!

Does anyone know approximately how long it will be before my final yellow envelope arrives?
Old Oct 16th 2003, 7:40 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: De facto spouse application part 2

Hi Nara

Quick question about part 2 of the process.

Do the authorities send you all the relevant forms to complete etc or do you have to do this yourself.

Any chance you could post what they require from you to get the PR.

Cheers

TT

Originally posted by Nara
Hi,

I've just handed in (to the Adelaide DIMIA office) the second part of my de facto spouse visa application. (with all necessary documentation)

I don't think there is any chance that I won't get the visa, but I'm still sort of nervous about it all!

Does anyone know approximately how long it will be before my final yellow envelope arrives?
Old Oct 16th 2003, 8:15 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am in the same situation. I sent in my app on the sun and on the tuesday I got a call from the case officer telling me that the decision cannot be made before the 2 years from original application. The reason he called me is that I gave him dates I was going to be overseas and I was hoping for an early decision.

I will be overseas on the date from which the decision can be made so I have to contact DIMIA sydney on return so they can make the decision.

I guess 2 years from the date you applied in london you can start expecting the yellow envelope.
Old Oct 16th 2003, 9:50 pm

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Hi Nara

Quick question about part 2 of the process.

Do the authorities send you all the relevant forms to complete etc or do you have to do this yourself.

Any chance you could post what they require from you to get the PR.

Cheers

TT
The decision is due 2 years from the date of application in Australia. 3 months before the decisioni is due you will get a letter from your local DIMIA office. You then have 2 months to get your paperwork to DIMIA.

In mine there was a form 80, 2 form 888 (stat decs for declaring relationship in Aussie) plus a list of requirments.

These included

Aussie police check
2xstat decs from Me and the Mrs
Completed form 80
2xstat decs from Aussie PR or resident plus proof of status.
Evidence that our relationship is ongoing
Copy of letter sent from DIMIA

I used the optometrist at Bondeyes (a JP), Hall St, Bondi Beach who certified the copies and witnessed the stat decs for free.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

mozz48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nara ,

How are you . Going well by the sound of it. Brigitte completed her second stage about 6 weeks ago and was successful in being granted Permanent Residence . Not quite as daunting as the first application although fairly involved . Just have to wait another 2 years for Citizenship
Time moves so very quickly This will be our 3rd Christmas together We wish you very good luck with your application
Regards Brigitte & Gerard
Old Oct 17th 2003, 1:33 am

Originally posted by mozz48
Hi Nara ,

How are you . Going well by the sound of it. Brigitte completed her second stage about 6 weeks ago and was successful in being granted Permanent Residence . Not quite as daunting as the first application although fairly involved . Just have to wait another 2 years for Citizenship
Time moves so very quickly This will be our 3rd Christmas together We wish you very good luck with your application
When was it granted? Was it 2 years from date of original application?
Old Oct 17th 2003, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Gerard,

Good thanks. Cheers for the PM. I actually only just got around to reading replies on this thread, busy with PMs and in hung-over haze kept forgetting to come in here. (Was my birthday yesterday and I overdid the champagne)

Hmm, not able to type well and not making much sense. Need fatty hang-over food <droooling like Homer>

I'm still loving Adelaide and bf..... ahhh.... 3 years and 2 months and still in the honeymoon phase.

Not too sure whether I'll bother with citizenship, I guess I'll look into it.

Hmmm, need more water......

Originally posted by mozz48
Hi Nara ,

Old Oct 17th 2003, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by bondipom
I am in the same situation. I sent in my app on the sun and on the tuesday I got a call from the case officer telling me that the decision cannot be made before the 2 years from original application. The reason he called me is that I gave him dates I was going to be overseas and I was hoping for an early decision.

I will be overseas on the date from which the decision can be made so I have to contact DIMIA sydney on return so they can make the decision.

I guess 2 years from the date you applied in london you can start expecting the yellow envelope.
I guess I should try and remember what date I applied then. I'm pretty sure it was the 20th of Oct. Gawd you'd think it would be stuck in the grey matter, it was such a worry at the time.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 8:52 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds managable bondipom

Seems a lot less than the first part anyway

TT

The decision is due 2 years from the date of application in Australia. 3 months before the decisioni is due you will get a letter from your local DIMIA office. You then have 2 months to get your paperwork to DIMIA.

In mine there was a form 80, 2 form 888 (stat decs for declaring relationship in Aussie) plus a list of requirments.

These included

Aussie police check
2xstat decs from Me and the Mrs
Completed form 80
2xstat decs from Aussie PR or resident plus proof of status.
Evidence that our relationship is ongoing
Copy of letter sent from DIMIA

I used the optometrist at Bondeyes (a JP), Hall St, Bondi Beach who certified the copies and witnessed the stat decs for free.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 8:57 am

Originally posted by TrickyTree
That sounds managable bondipom

Seems a lot less than the first part anyway

TT
No application form, sponsorship form or medicals so yes it is. Plus you know what a stat dec and certified copy is.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 8:59 am

I wonder is NARA's list was the same as she is being processed (sounds like an abbatoir) in Adelaide and I am being minced by Sydney.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 10:10 am
Jaj

It's up to you whether you take citizenship or not, but if you don't
there's always the risk of ending up in the kind of mess as some of
these British people. Which could easily have been avoided by taking
Australian citizenship when eligible.
http://australianz.topcities.com/horrorstories.htm

Jeremy

>On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 01:45:51 +0000, Nara <member@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >Not too sure whether I'll bother with citizenship, I guess I'll
    >look into it.

This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Old Oct 17th 2003, 9:21 pm

Originally posted by Jaj
It's up to you whether you take citizenship or not, but if you don't
there's always the risk of ending up in the kind of mess as some of
these British people. Which could easily have been avoided by taking
Australian citizenship when eligible.
http://australianz.topcities.com/horrorstories.htm

Jeremy

>On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 01:45:51 +0000, Nara <member@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >Not too sure whether I'll bother with citizenship, I guess I'll
    >look into it.

This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction
It seems so much simpler to get an Aussie Passport as opposed to renewing the RRV every 5 years and having to maintain residency.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

I wonder is NARA's list was the same as she is being processed (sounds like an abbatoir) in Adelaide and I am being minced by Sydney.
Hi BP,

Yep, my pack was the same. I was glad not to have to bother with the medical again.

I got 3 888s done just in case.

I guess it probably is worth getting an Aussie passport. Saves the re-entry visa cost, and time at customs at airport. Also I'd like to be able to vote.

With regards to citizenship app. Is it 2 years from when they granted the spouse visa when I first applied, or 2 years from when they grant me the final visa?
Old Oct 18th 2003, 8:18 am

Hi BP,

Yep, my pack was the same. I was glad not to have to bother with the medical again.

I got 3 888s done just in case.

I guess it probably is worth getting an Aussie passport. Saves the re-entry visa cost, and time at customs at airport. Also I'd like to be able to vote.

With regards to citizenship app. Is it 2 years from when they granted the spouse visa when I first applied, or 2 years from when they grant me the final visa?
2 Years from grant of PR I am afraid. When you become a citizen voting is compulsory.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.