De Facto Relationship Question

Old May 2nd 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Bazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default De Facto Relationship Question

Hi guys

Wonder if any of you know the answer to this question.

DIMA state that:

Partners who are not living together may be required to demonstrate a high level of proof that they are not living separately and apart on a permanent basis.

I would like to add my long term partner to my application, but we still live in our own houses (except at weekends & holidays etc).

How would I fare in this situation?

Baz
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: De Facto Relationship Question

Originally Posted by Bazza Boy
Hi guys

DIMA state that:

Partners who are not living together may be required to demonstrate a high level of proof that they are not living separately and apart on a permanent basis.

I would like to add my long term partner to my application, but we still live in our own houses (except at weekends & holidays etc).

Baz
You just need to provide proof of the relationship. Stat Decs from family and friends, photos, invites addressed to both of you, flight tickets and holiday details you've taken together etc etc etc. Good luck.
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Bazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You just need to provide proof of the relationship. Stat Decs from family and friends, photos, invites addressed to both of you, flight tickets and holiday details you've taken together etc etc etc. Good luck.
Thanks Moneypen. That sounds promising then.
Old May 2nd 2008, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Thanks Moneypen. That sounds promising then.
we had the same problem - ill see if i can dig out the requirement list from our agent, follow it and your in - we got our visa 18 months ago with no problems. Any questions just ask (the defacto bit is harder than the skills bit)

PM me for help - ill post again when i find the list!!!!
Old May 3rd 2008, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
we had the same problem - ill see if i can dig out the requirement list from our agent, follow it and your in - we got our visa 18 months ago with no problems. Any questions just ask (the defacto bit is harder than the skills bit)

PM me for help - ill post again when i find the list!!!!
Thanks Watty, really grateful mate.
Old May 3rd 2008, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry to bump this guys, but I've just heard something that completely contradicts what I've told.

Has anyone else been in this situation? We're really starting to pull our hair out now!!
Old May 3rd 2008, 1:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

DIMA state that:

Baz
Its not impossible to get a de facto visa when living apart, but it usually depends on WHY you are living apart - religious reasons, work reasons etc, and you would need to prove a very strong relationship in other ways, joint financial commitments etc.
From the little you have put on here its hard to tell, but personally inyour shoes I would be calling a reputable agent for an assessment of what they think your chances are. Try someone like George Lombard (contact details are nin his posts on the forum).
Old May 3rd 2008, 4:36 pm
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough

Sorry to bump this guys, but I've just heard something that completely contradicts what I've told.

Has anyone else been in this situation? We're really starting to pull our hair out now!!
Hi there, just thought I'd put in my 2 pence worth... why dont you open a joint savings account and start an Oz fund??? We did that back in March 07 and applied in July - great way to prove you are commited to each other and good start for the big move - you can set up standing orders from both your accounts each month that shows money going in from both of you. Although we were living together so it was relatively easy to prove we were 'commited' to be sure to be sure we also gave the following evidence: stat dec from 2 x friends based in Aus (which is where we met - to verify that we met over there and fell in love blah blah blah) stat dec written by us confessing our undying love for each other (its sick I know!) stat dec from his parents to say verify our own dec, and to say that they agreed and were supportive of our relationship, flight tickets from holidays we had been on, the joint bank info, and then the only stuff really to prove we lived together was bills n stuff with our address on. If you have been together long term I'm sure you have loads of evidence really, just have a route through old emails etc for holiday confirmations and get the folks in on it! You'll be grand Good luck anyhow!!!
Old May 4th 2008, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all very much for your help and advice. Really appreciate it.

Baz
Old May 4th 2008, 5:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't hurt to have your wills drawn up either - don't get much more committed than that Providing you leave everything to each other anyway
Old May 4th 2008, 1:41 pm
and Anna : )

james2300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Does the statutory declaration written by relatives/friends/yourselves need to be hand written, or can they be typed in Word?
If they are typed will the person who wrote them need to sign them and provide contact details on the same page (so they can confirm it's a real person, friend/relative etc)?
These would then need to be certified then rescanned in for attachment to your application?

Is this correct?

Many thanks for your help...i'm hopefully going for a late May application.
Old May 4th 2008, 1:46 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

My UK friends and family ones were typed by me, with the necessary info - let's face it, how many friends remember when you started seeing your other half, when you did all manner of things. I made a 'letterhead' of their address and phone number and just had them sign them.

The only ones that were officially done were the Australian ones which have to be done on the 888 form and certified by a JP.
Old May 6th 2008, 7:41 pm
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by james2300
Hi,
Does the statutory declaration written by relatives/friends/yourselves need to be hand written, or can they be typed in Word?
If they are typed will the person who wrote them need to sign them and provide contact details on the same page (so they can confirm it's a real person, friend/relative etc)?
These would then need to be certified then rescanned in for attachment to your application?

Is this correct?

Many thanks for your help...i'm hopefully going for a late May application.
Hi James, we got our stat decs drawn up by and witnessed by a solicitor (think it was about €150 in total) our agent advised us to do this. Good Luck!
Old May 7th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Bec_cook is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a quick question on the same lines:

We are going to be about 2 months short of the 12 months living together evidence, Although my OH actually lived at mine pretty much from 3 months in, we were not able to 'officially' live together as i was going through a divorce, and although i got the decree absolute in march, the financila side was not sorted out ( and still isn't) we decided that it was ok for my OH to move in when we learnt that the ex had moved someone in. We also agreed not to persue the ex for anything as was costing too much in solicitors fees at the time.

My question is does anyone know of anyone who has gone through a simular situation, and will it be classed as a 'special circumstance' and what evidence do we need to get to proove this..... any ideas? we have kept invites (but earliest is May), cards, holiday invoices - with photos to proove we were there, etc got stat dec from his mum saying that when she came to visit in June it was clear he was not staying in his flat as there was no food etc. We can also show that he was paying for food as we have weekly supermarket transactions, and he even kept the receipts and i'm sure some of them will have 'ladies' things on there too!
Going to get sta decs from an Australian friend of his who has know him for many years and was in the UK until recently, we used to visit them quite a lot, also stat decs from my parents and family/. friends who can vouch for our relationship.

We need to be in OZ by end of August, if I don't get my visa in time, can i go for a couple pof months as a tourist and then come back to UK to get my visa after we have acheived the 12months together ruling?

any ideas???

Cheers

Bec
Old May 7th 2008, 9:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Why do you need to be in Aus by August? If you come in on a tourist visa you won't be able to work and I can't think of another reason why you'd need to be here. You have to have 12 months cohabitation or at the very least be able to prove your relationship has been going that long and explain why you've not been cohabiting. I assume your boyfriend is Australian? The only other way you'd get in quickly would be to apply for a Prospective Marriage Visa, for which you need only to prove you know each other almost but you would have to get married within 9 months of getting the visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.