Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Date of birth in passport doesn`t match date of birth in birth certificate

Wikiposts

Date of birth in passport doesn`t match date of birth in birth certificate

Old Apr 24th 2009, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute
Question Date of birth in passport doesn`t match date of birth in birth certificate

Hi,

My new born son was born overseas on 2nd of Sep 2008 (as recorded in birth certificate from the Malaysian goverment), but in the passport it was recorded 29th Sep 2008
The thing is I've been trying to do this passport for the last four months (long story) and correcting this mistake can take another 4 months.
I've been assigned a CO in April 2009 but still CO didn't ask for any documents yet. And three months ago I sent a copy of the birth certificate to notify DIAC about my new born and to add him to the 176 application.
Do you think such mistake going to be a problem? because correcting it for sure will be a problem.

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Date of birth in passport doesn`t match date of birth in birth certificate

Originally Posted by mavios
Hi,

My new born son was born overseas on 2nd of Sep 2008 (as recorded in birth certificate from the Malaysian goverment), but in the passport it was recorded 29th Sep 2008
The thing is I've been trying to do this passport for the last four months (long story) and correcting this mistake can take another 4 months.
I've been assigned a CO in April 2009 but still CO didn't ask for any documents yet. And three months ago I sent a copy of the birth certificate to notify DIAC about my new born and to add him to the 176 application.
Do you think such mistake going to be a problem? because correcting it for sure will be a problem.

Thanks in advance
Dear mavios!
I think this will not be a major problem but as this can create confusion, so you should advice the mistake in advance to DIAC. Besides this,
did you already send DIAC your son's passport? If YES, then tell DIAC the situation that the passport needs to be revised. It will cause you some delay in processing your application but nothing to be worried.

Cheers
Safaet
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Date of birth in passport doesn`t match date of birth in birth certificate

Originally Posted by Safaet
Dear mavios!
I think this will not be a major problem but as this can create confusion, so you should advice the mistake in advance to DIAC. Besides this,
did you already send DIAC your son's passport? If YES, then tell DIAC the situation that the passport needs to be revised. It will cause you some delay in processing your application but nothing to be worried.

Cheers
Safaet
Actually, as I have been reading previous post concerning such a mistake, I do think it's going to be a major problem.
No I didn't send the passport yet.
Thanks anyway dear Safeat
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Actually, as I have been reading previous post concerning such a mistake, I do think it's going to be a major problem.
No I didn't send the passport yet.
Thanks anyway dear Safeat
If you did not send the passport to DIAC yet how they will examine the mistake? (Difference birth dates in Passport and birth certificate)
And if you are stating now that you will send the passport immediately after having it corrected then it is fairly logical. So, what's the the route to the MAJOR PROBLEM? As per my knowledge, it can only kill some processing time from you.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Safaet
If you did not send the passport to DIAC yet how they will examine the mistake? (Difference birth dates in Passport and birth certificate)
And if you are stating now that you will send the passport immediately after having it corrected then it is fairly logical. So, what's the the route to the MAJOR PROBLEM? As per my knowledge, it can only kill some processing time from you.
the problem as I mentioned before is time, if to correct this mistake (from my experience as I have done it before and know a dozen of people done it before) can take months and may still come back with errors. and to be able to travel for sure they will ask for a passport. So it leaves me with two choices, correct the orignal problem which will take alot of time since I'm already overseas. Or send it like it is and notify DIAC of the error in advance and wait for their reaction.
The second choice is what I want to explore, if it can be solved in another way other than correcting the passport would be an interesting choice for me. I do have two birth certificates for my son, one issued from the country of birth based on the hospital records and the other issued from the citizenship country based on the one issued from country of birth certificate. both have matching date of birth (2nd Sep 2008)
Old Apr 24th 2009, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

the problem as I mentioned before is time, if to correct this mistake (from my experience as I have done it before and know a dozen of people done it before) can take months and may still come back with errors. and to be able to travel for sure they will ask for a passport. So it leaves me with two choices, correct the orignal problem which will take alot of time since I'm already overseas. Or send it like it is and notify DIAC of the error in advance and wait for their reaction.
The second choice is what I want to explore, if it can be solved in another way other than correcting the passport would be an interesting choice for me. I do have two birth certificates for my son, one issued from the country of birth based on the hospital records and the other issued from the citizenship country based on the one issued from country of birth certificate. both have matching date of birth (2nd Sep 2008)
Guys..I have the same problem..

On my birth certificate my DOB is 28 Sept 1983...but my actual DOB is 14 Sept 1983. By mistake ( Some stupid govt employee did this) my DOB was entered as 28 sept 1983...

But on my passport and education certificates its 14th Spet 1983. Though my parents tried to correct the same in birth certificate..but it was not done..even they consulted one lawer..they said it's not possible at all to change this DOB.

Now while uploading my documents..I did not upload my DOB..but i uploaded my 10th certificate( In india its a Valid DOB proof) and passport copy also. My agent clearly told me not to upload DOB certificate...he said don't upload it u will be screwed otherwise...he said don't upload it in any case...if CO asks for the same we will provide some things else..like some declaraltion etc..

but I am worried..I don't want a rejection coz of this little mistake and that also coz of someone else...

Do you think this will create a problem for me?