Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Cuts to number of migrants - new or existing?

Cuts to number of migrants - new or existing?

Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

YOFFSBACK is just really niceYOFFSBACK is just really niceYOFFSBACK is just really niceYOFFSBACK is just really niceYOFFSBACK is just really niceYOFFSBACK is just really niceYOFFSBACK is just really niceYOFFSBACK is just really nice
Default Trade vacancies down should we worry

Having just read the couriermail Brisbane 29/10 www.news.com.au/couriermail it seems skilled vacancies are down 9%(8.8% adjusted) across Australia with Queensland the largest fall -39% should all us awaiting depaarture be worried or is it press panic again. Will Chris Evans reduce visas or even cancel visas How will it effect us 457ers Or am I just having preleaving nerves
Old Oct 29th 2008, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Trade vacancies down should we worry

Ive just had a email off my agent telling me the same and that I should hurry???????????
Old Oct 29th 2008, 7:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ronnie98
Ive just had a email off my agent telling me the same and that I should hurry???????????
I'd like to know which agent is scaremongering, cos none of those that post on here seem to be saying that. Are you sure he doesn't just want your business?
No-one has any idea yet whether migrant quotas will be reduced in the future.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

LINZI32 is on a distinguished road

I have had an email from my agent too saying to hurry with visa application because of all the problems and they are cutting back on people migrating from June 2009 -2010?????
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Paula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nice

Yeah I got the same email but was also told not to panic as they dont know exactly how the worm is gonna turn so to speak.

Hubby was also talking to the guy who assessed him on monday at his practical test and basically he said that although Oz is feeling the pinch, it wont get as bad over there as here because their goverment are doing something about it straight away, before things get too bad like they are here. Maybe our goverment should take a leaf out of their book!!!

Btw, this guy is Australian too so knows what hes talking about
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:28 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paula_lou
Yeah I got the same email but was also told not to panic as they dont know exactly how the worm is gonna turn so to speak.

Hubby was also talking to the guy who assessed him on monday at his practical test and basically he said that although Oz is feeling the pinch, it wont get as bad over there as here because their goverment are doing something about it straight away, before things get too bad like they are here. Maybe our goverment should take a leaf out of their book!!!

Btw, this guy is Australian too so knows what hes talking about
had to laugh a your last statement
"this guy is Australian too so knows what hes talking about"

link to story
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...003501,00.html

punch in your trade to see how many jobs are listed
http://www.seek.com.au/
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Paula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nice

well he was convincing to say the least Maybe he was just pretending to know what he was talking about in his home country
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:37 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

well he was convincing to say the least Maybe he was just pretending to know what he was talking about in his home country
ive yet to meet the aussie that dosnt think that everythings perfect here??

some call it national pride
i think its because they are blinkered and dont know what goes on outside au but then thats just my opinion

regards steve
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

well Im sure we'll find out when we get out there thats if we actually get there that is

Dunno what Ill do if after coming this far they turn round and say no!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:47 pm
Worongary

well Im sure we'll find out when we get out there thats if we actually get there that is

Dunno what Ill do if after coming this far they turn round and say no!!!!!!!!
what trade are you / your OH ??
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hubbys a brickie

A friend of his over in perth has a mate who runs his own building firm and Lee spoke to him the other day and he said that providing work stays steady he'll happily take him on, only problem is, hes based a canny trek from where we are wanting to move to, but if needs must an all that.

I must admit tho, it is worrying,weve come so far and are so close to living our dream, only now to have the added worry that it could possibly be snatched from us!!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice

I hope this is not the case...It would be a night mare if they cut the intake. We have been planning thid move for ages, not to mention all the money we have spent on it!!!! Lets keep oyur fingers crossed!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 3:33 am
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by steve`o
what trade are you / your OH ??
got to sa three weeks ago only to be told my qualifacations are not regonised and i am a plumber so before you get here check. i got a licence but worded to work under direct supervision !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im nearly 40 and to many years in the game for that sh-t. next course for me to get real licence is in feb

well done to those fu-king govt nitwits
Old Oct 30th 2008, 6:40 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

The 457 bit - been said before, but worth repeating - the OP should be aware that if the employer decides to let people go, and he/she is one of them, finding another may be a bit of a drag if the business slows down more, it will be more difficult to secure another sponsorship in a hurry. Temporary visa holders are least protected in that regard.
NJ
Old Oct 30th 2008, 6:43 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sonn
I hope this is not the case...It would be a night mare if they cut the intake. We have been planning thid move for ages, not to mention all the money we have spent on it!!!! Lets keep oyur fingers crossed!
The cut would only mean a slowdown in processing (i.e. less visas in the same timeframe), not a halt in processing. If you can stick to it long enough, you will get your visa.

NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.