Current Processing Times

Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:24 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current Processing Times

Hi All,

On processing times we understand that DIMA is taking some applications out of order - in three cases this week between 4 and 6 months early (possibly they're in danger of undershooting their quota) - following is a copy of an email I received today in response to a polite enquiry concerning such an application:

"As you are aware, our practice is process applications in date of lodgement
order. In this particular case, it was noted that the application was fully complete and only required health and character to finalise. A decision was made to process this application as it came to hand as a result. This does not represent a change in practice on the part of the ASPC which will continue to process in accordance with date of lodgement.

We continue to encourage the lodgement of fully complete applications to
assist in our efforts to reduce any processing delays for all applications."

So I assume that if your application is "complete" then you may get an early visa :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:54 am

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of

Hi George,

Thanks for providing this info. May I just ask you what is your opinion regarding STNI applications. Are they being processed as priority applications or are they processed as NON-MODL? I know it should be priority cases but I would just like an expert's view on this...

I hope we have a "complete" application (at least we have frontloaded everything) and that we will get an early visa

Cheers,
Janni

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi All,

On processing times we understand that DIMA is taking some applications out of order - in three cases this week between 4 and 6 months early (possibly they're in danger of undershooting their quota) - following is a copy of an email I received today in response to a polite enquiry concerning such an application:

order. In this particular case, it was noted that the application was fully complete and only required health and character to finalise. A decision was made to process this application as it came to hand as a result. This does not represent a change in practice on the part of the ASPC which will continue to process in accordance with date of lodgement.

So I assume that if your application is "complete" then you may get an early visa :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:29 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JanniDK
Hi George,

Thanks for providing this info. May I just ask you what is your opinion regarding STNI applications. Are they being processed as priority applications or are they processed as NON-MODL? I know it should be priority cases but I would just like an expert's view on this...

I hope we have a "complete" application (at least we have frontloaded everything) and that we will get an early visa

Cheers,
Janni
Hi Janni,

They're priority, but as they involve interaction with a third party they're sometimes slower than a MODL application.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:34 am

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of

Hi George,

Ok, thanks for replying so soon. In our case the third party is the SA Goverment, right? I didn't think they would have anything to do with our application at this point Can you please tell me how they are involved at this point?

Thanks again

Cheers,
Janni

Hi Janni,

They're priority, but as they involve interaction with a third party they're sometimes slower than a MODL application.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:57 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Hi George,

Ok, thanks for replying so soon. In our case the third party is the SA Goverment, right? I didn't think they would have anything to do with our application at this point Can you please tell me how they are involved at this point?

Thanks again

Cheers,
Janni
Hi Janni,

It's their nomination and I understand that in some mysterious way the nomination has to be confirmed by them. But I have no idea how that happens and how it's communicated to a case officer.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:18 pm

OK, George. Thanks for your help
I'll just sit tight waiting for my visa........

Hi Janni,

It's their nomination and I understand that in some mysterious way the nomination has to be confirmed by them. But I have no idea how that happens and how it's communicated to a case officer.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

fuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to all
Unhappy Re: Current Processing Times

I am confused and banging my head against a brick wall with our agent. Our complete application was sent off at the end of January and our case closed on the 9th Feb. We were told that it would be a 6-8 week wait before a final decision would be made and that was now 17 weeks ago !!!!! We are applying on a 136 Sponsored skilled migrant visa. I'm just trying to work out from your thread whether I should panic or whether they simply aren't processing applications lodged when ours was. The agent is as much help as a chocolate teapot although even he admits he thinks the decision is well overdue now!!! Help!!!
Hi All,

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Jun 7th 2006, 7:18 pm

Hi,

With "case closed" do you mean acknowledged or received at DIMIA? Officially they are processing priority applications received from 6-16 January at the moment so if yours was received early February (as ours), I guess they will process it within June (or that's what I am hoping, at least..).

Good luck - the waiting is also driving me mad, I can tell you...

Cheers,
Janni

Originally Posted by fuzziferret
I am confused and banging my head against a brick wall with our agent. Our complete application was sent off at the end of January and our case closed on the 9th Feb. We were told that it would be a 6-8 week wait before a final decision would be made and that was now 17 weeks ago !!!!! We are applying on a 136 Sponsored skilled migrant visa. I'm just trying to work out from your thread whether I should panic or whether they simply aren't processing applications lodged when ours was. The agent is as much help as a chocolate teapot although even he admits he thinks the decision is well overdue now!!! Help!!!
Old Jun 8th 2006, 5:54 am
Just Joined

fuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to allfuzziferret is a name known to all
Unhappy Re: Current Processing Times

Well we were told all pcc's meds etc needed to be in by the deadline which was the 9th Feb. Everythings was definately there by the end of Jan/beginning Feb. It hasn't helped that the agent told us 6-8 weeks and we would have a yes or no. It's so frustrating isn't it. We were worried that there were quota's and we would miss the boat.
So I'll just carry on waiting then. We'll keep our fingers crossed and see if the pair of us hear something soon. Good luck. Let me know.
Thanks
Fuzzi
Hi,

With "case closed" do you mean acknowledged or received at DIMIA? Officially they are processing priority applications received from 6-16 January at the moment so if yours was received early February (as ours), I guess they will process it within June (or that's what I am hoping, at least..).

Good luck - the waiting is also driving me mad, I can tell you...

Cheers,
Janni
Old Jun 8th 2006, 7:32 am

Fuzzi,

I'm sorry but I don't think I understand your timeline ? You lodged your application end January and were told to submit pcc's and meds before 9 February ??

I hope you will hear something soon - good luck

Cheers,
Janni

Originally Posted by fuzziferret
Well we were told all pcc's meds etc needed to be in by the deadline which was the 9th Feb. Everythings was definately there by the end of Jan/beginning Feb. It hasn't helped that the agent told us 6-8 weeks and we would have a yes or no. It's so frustrating isn't it. We were worried that there were quota's and we would miss the boat.
So I'll just carry on waiting then. We'll keep our fingers crossed and see if the pair of us hear something soon. Good luck. Let me know.
Thanks
Fuzzi
Old Jun 10th 2006, 7:29 pm
Rocko since Feb 07

markrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nicemarkrj is just really nice

Hi there!!

I wondered if i could ask a question about time lines. Our visa was submitted on 31st October 2005 and we have just got AoS and been asked to pay the bond before 14/15th June 2006, due to Oz Bank holiday our sponsor will pay it on Tuesday. Does anyone have any idea how long from this point to the visa being approved and how long it takes to get the visa in your passport and how this stage works?

Thanks

AnG
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:23 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Today's latest processing times:

Processing Information

A case officer is appointed to assess each application as soon as possible,
however, the ASPC receives a large number of applications and you will not
be contacted immediately.
Applications lodged on the dates shown below are currently being allocated
to case officers for further processing.

As of 13th June 2006 the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre is allocating
applications lodged on or before the following dates:

ONSHORE - paper based applications: 22 February 2006 (both priority and
non-priority applications)
ONSHORE- e-lodged (online) applications: 27 February 2006 (both priority
and non-priority applications)

SIR - paper based applications: 15 March 2006
SIR - e-lodged (online) applications: 30 April 2006

ONSHORE NEW ZEALAND APPLICATIONS: 22 November 2005

OFFSHORE APPLICATIONS (all paper based)
Priority Applications: In the range of 11 to 20 January 2006
Non-Priority Applications: In the range of 19 October to 31 October 2005

Notes

Onshore: means that the visa being applied for can be granted while the
applicant is in Australia.

e-lodged: applications lodged online have quicker processing times.
See:Online Services - General Skilled Migration

SIR visas: All applicants for a Skilled - Independent Regional [SIR]
visa receive priority processing.

Offshore: means that the visa being applied for can only be granted
when the applicant is outside of Australia.

If a visa application was made before the earliest relevant date as shown
above and you have not been contacted by a case officer please contact the
Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre at: [email protected]

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:24 am
Reg. Migration Agent

As of 20th June 2006 the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre is allocating
applications lodged on or before the following dates:

ONSHORE - paper based applications: 22 February 2006 (both priority and
non-priority applications)
ONSHORE- e-lodged (online) applications: 27 February 2006 (both priority
and non-priority applications)

SIR - paper based applications: 15 March 2006
SIR - e-lodged (online) applications: 30 April 2006

ONSHORE NEW ZEALAND APPLICATIONS: 22 November 2005

OFFSHORE APPLICATIONS (all paper based)
Priority Applications: In the range of 16 to 31 January 2006
Non-Priority Applications: In the range of 19 October to 1 November 2005

Cheers,

George Lombard

Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

cant believe they only moved by 1 day for the offshore non-priority cases....
Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:54 am

Thanks for the update, George
Getting close to 1 February - woohoo If we are lucky, we might get our visa before 1 July (if our application is complete).

Obiwan, I can understand your disappointment. Seems as if they are moving quick now, at least as regards priority applications.

Cheers,
Janni

Originally Posted by obiwan
cant believe they only moved by 1 day for the offshore non-priority cases....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.