Current Processing Times

Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:39 pm
gmj
Just Joined

gmj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Current Processing Times

Processing and Allocation Information - For the week of 5 June 2007

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated
to case officers for further processing.

ONSHORE APPLICATIONS

Student/Graduate

Paper based applications: 28 December 2006 (subclass 880), 13 December 2006
(subclass 881) and 20 December 2006 (subclass 882)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 2 January 2007 (subclass 880) and 11
December 2006 (subclass 881) and 6 December 2006 (subclass 882)

Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (SIR VISA)

Paper based applications: 21 December 2006
E-lodged (on-line) applications: 18 December 2006

New Zealand

All applications: 14 September 2006 (all subclasses)

OFFSHORE APPLICATIONS

All paper based applications for Classes BN, BQ, BR, UX and UZ (subclasses
134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496)

Priority Applications: 5 September 2006*
Non-Priority Applications: 22 August 2006

Friends, according to ASPC, right now they are processing priority applications of September of 2006 (and olders), my question is:

How it is possible that some 2007 applicants (see www.austimeline.com) have alerady got their final decision if DIMIA is still processing September/2006 files?

Thanks
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Question Re: Current Processing Times

Originally Posted by gmj
Processing and Allocation Information - For the week of 5 June 2007

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated
to case officers for further processing.

ONSHORE APPLICATIONS

Student/Graduate

Paper based applications: 28 December 2006 (subclass 880), 13 December 2006
(subclass 881) and 20 December 2006 (subclass 882)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 2 January 2007 (subclass 880) and 11
December 2006 (subclass 881) and 6 December 2006 (subclass 882)

Paper based applications: 21 December 2006
E-lodged (on-line) applications: 18 December 2006

New Zealand

All applications: 14 September 2006 (all subclasses)

OFFSHORE APPLICATIONS

All paper based applications for Classes BN, BQ, BR, UX and UZ (subclasses
134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496)

Priority Applications: 5 September 2006*
Non-Priority Applications: 22 August 2006

Friends, according to ASPC, right now they are processing priority applications of September of 2006 (and olders), my question is:

How it is possible that some 2007 applicants (see www.austimeline.com) have alerady got their final decision if DIMIA is still processing September/2006 files?

Thanks
I've jsut had a look on there and it seems that if people are applying for a 136 through TRA they are taking on average 2 - 3 months to get a final decision. How can this be if they are only looking at applications from last August???
Old Jun 5th 2007, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

well done bruce - congrats and best of luck in Oz

Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:18 pm
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

Originally Posted by vickys
I've jsut had a look on there and it seems that if people are applying for a 136 through TRA they are taking on average 2 - 3 months to get a final decision. How can this be if they are only looking at applications from last August???
Its a guide. If it helps, this is our timeline

Application Date 20th November
Police Checks applied for 21st November
PCC rec'd 8th December
Acknowledment received 4th January
Medicals Done 8th Feb (we had a health scare so they took about a month to get sent off)
Case Officer assigned 2nd March (only meds requested)
Medicals Received at LCU 16th March
Visa Granted 3rd April

Hope it clears things up. We used an agent and glad we did because it made the whole process efficient and quick
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:35 am
alien

silentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to all

Originally Posted by iceman
Its a guide. If it helps, this is our timeline

Application Date 20th November
Police Checks applied for 21st November
PCC rec'd 8th December
Acknowledment received 4th January
Medicals Done 8th Feb (we had a health scare so they took about a month to get sent off)
Case Officer assigned 2nd March (only meds requested)
Medicals Received at LCU 16th March
Visa Granted 3rd April

Hope it clears things up. We used an agent and glad we did because it made the whole process efficient and quick
How can it clear things up?
I got acknowledgment on 14th February, Just 40 days after you. No CO yet.
And you have already got grant letter!
Anyway, good for you
But does this mean, CO can be assigned in 2 months, or it can take upto 8 months?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:49 am
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

Originally Posted by silentwalker
How can it clear things up?
I got acknowledgment on 14th February, Just 40 days after you. No CO yet.
And you have already got grant letter!
Anyway, good for you
But does this mean, CO can be assigned in 2 months, or it can take upto 8 months?
You are a January applicant, we were November applicants. Once you have a CO it depends on whether the application is decision ready or not. The more info is needed then the longer it will take. We took about 4 and a half months, but used an agent who was faultless (based in Australia) If I had done my own application it would have taken far longer, because he knoew exactly what to send and when. Some cases take longer than others depending on a number of things, ie. background checks, medicals etc etc. One of us had a heart scare so the meds took about a month to be sent off rather than a week, so we could have been done in 3 months just over, but apparently it is very rare to be granted visas so quickly. Personally, I credit that with the agent, but usually I believ you are looking at 6-8 months or so for a 136 visa. My timeline is a guide only, but we had a very straightforward case, and I had a firm job offer as well.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:33 am
alien

silentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to all

You are a January applicant, we were November applicants. Once you have a CO it depends on whether the application is decision ready or not. The more info is needed then the longer it will take. We took about 4 and a half months, but used an agent who was faultless (based in Australia) If I had done my own application it would have taken far longer, because he knoew exactly what to send and when. Some cases take longer than others depending on a number of things, ie. background checks, medicals etc etc. One of us had a heart scare so the meds took about a month to be sent off rather than a week, so we could have been done in 3 months just over, but apparently it is very rare to be granted visas so quickly. Personally, I credit that with the agent, but usually I believ you are looking at 6-8 months or so for a 136 visa. My timeline is a guide only, but we had a very straightforward case, and I had a firm job offer as well.
Hmm
Hey I didn't complain or anything. Maybe my frustration came out there a bit. Yours was pretty quick. Yes I am not looking at anything less than 8 months. Thats why I wonder looking at lucky people like you!

By the way, do they even look at my application until I have a CO? I mean, if an application requires more paper, that will only be known after the CO. That means more time + the CO assignment time. Isn't it?
I hope mine goes as straight forward as yours, cause I am also using an Australia based agent.

Congrats again to you.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:51 am
The Master of Disaster

Originally Posted by silentwalker
Hmm
Hey I didn't complain or anything. Maybe my frustration came out there a bit. Yours was pretty quick. Yes I am not looking at anything less than 8 months. Thats why I wonder looking at lucky people like you!

By the way, do they even look at my application until I have a CO? I mean, if an application requires more paper, that will only be known after the CO. That means more time + the CO assignment time. Isn't it?
I hope mine goes as straight forward as yours, cause I am also using an Australia based agent.

Congrats again to you.
When the file gets to ASPC it gets (in date order) a preliminary inspection to make sure its in order-forms filled out, skills assessment there, payment details or funds etc. If all is OK then you will get an acknowledgment as you have got (if it's incomplete it gets returned)

Then after a while longer it will get assigned to a region and you get a CO assigned. They pick up the file and examine it. They will go through all the paperwork and assess it against criteria. If they require further evidence they will request it before a final assessment can be made. What we did was front loaded meds and PCC's as soon as we had the acknowledgment we booked meds which will speed it up as when the CO looks at it they can go to decision if they are satisfied that all is in order. Our file had loads of evidence of everything in it, so when we had our CO all he wanted was the meds. He was great as well and wanted genuinely to help so we were lucky to get a good CO. As soon as they are satified that you meet all the requirements, and the evidence of employment etc etc is sufficient they will usually grant the visa. One of the other Nov apps was done in 3 months and is already settled in Australia.

Best of Luck - Best advice is to sit tight, which is easier said than done.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

meercat is on a distinguished road

We are waiting for a DIMI number; going on 121 sponsorship. Can anyone tell me how long the processing time on this takes once the number is issued?
Old Jun 9th 2007, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Current Processing Times

When the file gets to ASPC it gets (in date order) a preliminary inspection to make sure its in order-forms filled out, skills assessment there, payment details or funds etc. If all is OK then you will get an acknowledgment as you have got (if it's incomplete it gets returned)

Then after a while longer it will get assigned to a region and you get a CO assigned. They pick up the file and examine it. They will go through all the paperwork and assess it against criteria. If they require further evidence they will request it before a final assessment can be made. What we did was front loaded meds and PCC's as soon as we had the acknowledgment we booked meds which will speed it up as when the CO looks at it they can go to decision if they are satisfied that all is in order. Our file had loads of evidence of everything in it, so when we had our CO all he wanted was the meds. He was great as well and wanted genuinely to help so we were lucky to get a good CO. As soon as they are satified that you meet all the requirements, and the evidence of employment etc etc is sufficient they will usually grant the visa. One of the other Nov apps was done in 3 months and is already settled in Australia.

Best of Luck - Best advice is to sit tight, which is easier said than done.
Hi Iceman, question - you mention that part of the CO allocation process is that it is assigned to a region. On our application form we have selected "don't know" for location we want to go to... Does this make any difference as far as you know?

Cheers,

Rich
Old Jun 9th 2007, 4:44 pm
The Master of Disaster

Originally Posted by whizbangwallop
Hi Iceman, question - you mention that part of the CO allocation process is that it is assigned to a region. On our application form we have selected "don't know" for location we want to go to... Does this make any difference as far as you know?

Cheers,

Rich
its the processing region, nothing to do with where you want to move to.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

sailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant future

its the processing region, nothing to do with where you want to move to.
(from ASPC as of 08 June 2007)

The Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre will be closed on Monday 11th June 2007 for the Queen's Birthday holiday.

Receipting and Acknowledgment of Applications

The ASPC has changed the method of receipting and acknowledging applications to improve the service provided to clients.

Once an application has been receipted it will undergo validity checking.
An acknowledgement letter with a client reference number and receipt will be sent approximately six weeks after lodgement if the application is valid.

The Admin team is moving towards receipting payment within 7 working days of receiving an application where e-mail communication has been authorised. Applicants or their authorised representatives will receive acknowledgement that the department has received their documents and receipted the relevant visa application charge.

If an application is determined to be invalid documents will be returned and a refund of the visa application charge arranged.

As of 8 June 2007 the ASPC admin section is processing as follows:

Onshore Applications: receipting applications received on 5 June 2007 and acknowledging applications received on 5 June 2007.

Offshore Applications: receipting applications received on 28 May 2007 and acknowledging applications received on 26 March 2007.

Applicants and representatives who have not authorised e-mail communication will not receive separate advice that the ASPC has received and receipted an application and will receive the standard acknowledgement letter and receipt details in due course.

Please note that any delay in acknowledging an application does not affect the date on which a valid application is recorded as having been received and does not delay processing of the application.

Once an application has been acknowledged a case officer is appointed to assess each application as soon as possible, however, the ASPC receives a large number of applications and you will not be contacted immediately.

Processing and Allocation Information - For the week of 12 June 2007

Applications lodged on or before the dates shown below have been allocated to case officers for further processing.

ONSHORE APPLICATIONS

Student/Graduate

Paper based applications: 8 January 2007 (subclass 880), 20 December 2006 (subclass 881) and 22 December 2006 (subclass 882)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 2 January 2007 (subclass 880) and 22 December 2006 (subclass 881) and 29 December 2006 (subclass 882)

Paper based applications: 22 December 2006 E-lodged (on-line) applications: 12 January 2007

New Zealand

All applications: 4 October 2006 (all subclasses)

OFFSHORE APPLICATIONS

All paper based applications for Classes BN, BQ, BR, UX and UZ (subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496)

Priority Applications: 14 September 2006* Non-Priority Applications: 31 August 2006

*this data includes paper based SIR applications which are processed as
part of the priority caseload

Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (eSIR visa applications)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 05 February 2007
Old Jun 11th 2007, 6:20 am
Just Joined

tienle is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Acknowledgement letter

I lodged my application on Apr 2nd 2007 but still don't have acknowledgement letter yet. Is there anybody in this forum be in the same situation?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apr 2nd 2007: Lodged application
Jun 6th 2007: Did the follow-up with DIAC
In the meantime: Still waiting for the acknowledgement letter.

Last edited by tienle; Jun 11th 2007 at 6:29 am.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Sean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really nice

Hi,
We are new to this site.
We have just applied for a 136 visa 2 weeks ago and after reading some of your emails it will probably take us 10 weeks to recieve an acknowledgement.
My question is what is freeloading your pcc,s and medicals.
Is it getting your police checks done and medicals before you are asked to,and if so won,t they be dated and could they be refused when submitted for jumping the gun

Thanks Sean and Louise
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sean and Louise
Hi,
We are new to this site.
We have just applied for a 136 visa 2 weeks ago and after reading some of your emails it will probably take us 10 weeks to recieve an acknowledgement.
My question is what is freeloading your pcc,s and medicals.
Is it getting your police checks done and medicals before you are asked to,and if so won,t they be dated and could they be refused when submitted for jumping the gun

Thanks Sean and Louise
Hi welcome to the site.

I think you mean frontloading pccs and meds, you wont be penalised but you need to be aware that both pccs and meds only have a shelf life of a year so if you think that it will take longer than that for your visa be wary as you will have to pay for them again. The meds especially can work out expensive so you wouldn't want to pay them again.

i applied for skills assessment (nurse) which has taken nearly 14 weeks to get which I need before I can send off 136 visa and now have booked meds for Aug 14th, asked for pccs 2 weeks ago as they take up to 40 days to get back to you. So hopefully because most of the background work has been done I was now ready to book the meds etc and they will go off after the visa application but will probably be done before they actually ask for them, hopefully (fingers crossed) speed up the process a little even if it is only by 2 weeks thats better than nothing.

I'll stop the essay now, hopefully it is a little clearer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.