current military service

Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future
Default current military service

Dear anyone

Today have been asked to provide my husbands miltary discharge certificate, he is in the navy. I am the primary applicant as a midwife. however husband is still serving, due out next year. I was going to go out initially and him follow (after validating). I see it as any other job, you would not put your notice in until you had visa, but am worried.

anyone come across this before, I did a search but information dates back to2004, so anything recent would be of help. We are going to send a letter from his boss with dischage date lengh of service good conduct etc

worried

Jo
Old Feb 14th 2008, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all
Default Re: current military service

I would be interested in this too. As my husband is not going to give notice until the visa is finalized.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

steve_m is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by stickygreen
Dear anyone

Today have been asked to provide my husbands miltary discharge certificate, he is in the navy. I am the primary applicant as a midwife. however husband is still serving, due out next year. I was going to go out initially and him follow (after validating). I see it as any other job, you would not put your notice in until you had visa, but am worried.

anyone come across this before, I did a search but information dates back to2004, so anything recent would be of help. We are going to send a letter from his boss with dischage date lengh of service good conduct etc

worried

Jo
I was still in the RAF when I applied and I think I just made a statement to that effect. They didn't query it and it all went through ok (in fact, I was still on terminal leave when I arrived out here!). I'm sure that where they query military service they are more interested in applicants from certain other countries and that having been a member of HM Forces is of little interest to them.

Good luck with your application
Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

gshem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stickygreen
Dear anyone

worried

Jo
I'm in a similiar situation but it is my OH who is going ahead of me for the same reason. On the application form (47ES) one question asks if the spouse is migrating with applicant and if not instructs you to attach a note explaining why. Did your application have the same question? If so did you explain the situation? I didn't think our situation was going to be a problem but maybe it will turn into one!