Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Current General Skilled Migration Processing Priorities

Current General Skilled Migration Processing Priorities

Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current General Skilled Migration Processing Priorities

Originally Posted by mb_jg
I'm confused by the further changes. I lodged my 176, non MODL non CSL in December 2008, does this mean my long wait is going to become even longer now...
essex2sydney, you haven't changed priority since jan 1st. The only priority changes this week are those who were csl and aren't now.

If you are family 176 it may push you back a little as there will be less visas issued this year now but since the Jan 1st changes you'll be waiting til some time next visa year anyway.

Anyone who applied before 1st Jan wasn't CSL (as it didn't exist) and those who have been taken off the list are now back to where they were when they applied. Heartbreaking to have had hopes raised and dashed but not so much worse than the time of application as pretty much are all MODL so still a priority just the next one down.

Main difference for everyone is those that are on priority lists effectively jump the queue on more recently lodged non/lower priority applications so slowly pushes latter queues backwards. Smaller allocation for GSM visas has the same effect.

I think the worst affected are plain 175'ers who were nearing the top of the queue and now have to wait for all priorities to be dealt with before it gets back to them!

So much confusion is so stressful but remember these changes - so far- don't affect an ability to get visa but time to get it.

(Hope I've got my facts right on this)
Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:48 am
Just Joined

thwee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I am also loudge my 176 family sponcerd application on last july 2008. Can some body please advise what will happen to my application process. i mean according to the new proirities? I am really confused.

and there is a visa capping process as well.so in that instance what happen to my application?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

thwee, sorry but nothing will happen with it this visa year (ie before end june 09)

Next year all employer sponsored, state sponsored, CSL and MODL will get processed before you. Once they are dealing with those on a one in one out basis (as are employer and state sponsored now allegedly) then they will process any other visas incl your own.

That is until they change the rules again!!

They process and grant in the above way until they reach the cap. Then they stop issuing visas til the next visa year. If the queue gets too long they will probably limit who is eligible in some way to shorten the queue.

Thats my understanding anyway!!!!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 4:11 am
Just Joined

Hi Safin,

Bit confused again. my occupation is not in the CSL/MODL and I don't hv state sponcership. I have only familiy sponcership only(i.e. lausge 176 application). so is that ment, my application going to be next year process??
Old Mar 20th 2009, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

that is right, no way will they get to you before end of june 09. That will be just CSL and maybe a few MODL.

They will have virtually all the MODL to process from july onwards, and any new priority applications, before they start on all the non priority visas ie your visa

My personal guess would be end of 2009 to beginning of 2010 for you.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 4:56 am
Just Joined

Thanks a lot Safin. you are so kind.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 11:14 am
Just Joined

mra_32 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey safin
i have read all your comments about non modl, no csl applicant.
well i am feb 2008 non modl,non csl applicant,so according to your comments
i should allocate to co next year 2010 but how come?
They will finish all CSL applicant in late may and may be they will finish all modl applicant in next 3 month(end of august) so in this way
should not they start processing of non modl /non csl applicant??
what u say about it??
Waiting of your comments
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

hey guys I already explained my reasoning and I am not an expert - just someone who has been through the system too and read the info available to us all!

Yes, after they finish the MODL they'll start the rest. MODL is bigger than CSL so I figure it takes longer eg towards the end of 2009. As I said just my personal guess!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:40 am
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

I agree with you, end of 2009 beginning 2010.

Originally Posted by Safin
hey guys I already explained my reasoning and I am not an expert - just someone who has been through the system too and read the info available to us all!

Yes, after they finish the MODL they'll start the rest. MODL is bigger than CSL so I figure it takes longer eg towards the end of 2009. As I said just my personal guess!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 3:00 pm

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of

essex2sydney, you haven't changed priority since jan 1st. The only priority changes this week are those who were csl and aren't now.

If you are family 176 it may push you back a little as there will be less visas issued this year now but since the Jan 1st changes you'll be waiting til some time next visa year anyway.

Anyone who applied before 1st Jan wasn't CSL (as it didn't exist) and those who have been taken off the list are now back to where they were when they applied. Heartbreaking to have had hopes raised and dashed but not so much worse than the time of application as pretty much are all MODL so still a priority just the next one down.

Main difference for everyone is those that are on priority lists effectively jump the queue on more recently lodged non/lower priority applications so slowly pushes latter queues backwards. Smaller allocation for GSM visas has the same effect.

I think the worst affected are plain 175'ers who were nearing the top of the queue and now have to wait for all priorities to be dealt with before it gets back to them!
So much confusion is so stressful but remember these changes - so far- don't affect an ability to get visa but time to get it.

(Hope I've got my facts right on this)

That's me! MODL but not CSL! All doc's met, med's finalised, house sold, ready to get on that plane!

The thing is - do I now try and go for SSV?? or wait it out??

Last edited by Perthfect; Mar 22nd 2009 at 3:02 pm. Reason: speeling
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well you are in the next batch after CSL and a fair way back in that queue! SO hopefully one of the earlier MODL's to get done but I reckon its at least middle of 2009 for you

- SS may take that long to get! So personally I don't think your timeline will be changed that much by switching

- but then at least you'd know you were backing up your chances. You don't have to make the switch to 176 until you get it approved and by then you'll have a much clearer idea what the processing times for MODL are looking like.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Originally Posted by Perthfect
That's me! MODL but not CSL! All doc's met, med's finalised, house sold, ready to get on that plane!

The thing is - do I now try and go for SSV?? or wait it out??
Thanks for your advice Safin, it's very confusing trying to keep up with the changes and how they are affecting everyone.

I feel in a more vunerable position as i've been living and working in Australia for 2.5 years on a 457 and worried about my job security. I think I could live more with the wait if this wasn't a factor as well.

For the person a couple of pages back i'm not being state sponsored, i'm family sponsored...my Mum is a PR and Step-Dad is citizen
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fingers crossed for you essex2sydney! Especially as there is the fear that you lose your place to live (country not just house) if you lose your job. We're currently 457 (although at 175 pre grant now, so safe) and have been where you are fear wise. Not at all nice!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Fingers crossed for you essex2sydney! Especially as there is the fear that you lose your place to live (country not just house) if you lose your job. We're currently 457 (although at 175 pre grant now, so safe) and have been where you are fear wise. Not at all nice!
Thanks so much Safin, it's been a very stressful time as all my family and life is here now. I just have to take each day it comes and remove positive, thankfully I have a very supportive family and boyfriend which makes a big difference Good luck to you!!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Hi Safin. assuming they clear all CSL, SS, and some of the MODL by May/June 2009. Should they not start the new year ( 2009/2010 ) giving priority for the CSL/ SS visa instead of other visa cats that has been carried forward.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.