Wikiposts

CSL v MODL

Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold
Default CSL v MODL

Just a thought...... if some occupations have been removed from the CSL because they are deemed to be no longer in demand then will DIAC now remove them from the Migration Occupations in Demand List?

I wonder if they are going to change the MODL list?
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:54 pm
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of
Default Re: CSL v MODL

I reckon they may change the MODL in May. At the moment it is of no consequence because they are only processing CSL applications. When they get near the end of those they may take a look at the MODL.

I don't remember, but doesn't the MODL count at the time of application. So if your application is in, changes to MODL won't affect you?
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:33 pm
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

If the Trade Jobs not longer needed in Australia, then there is no reason to let them on the Modl.
I mean thats the reason why the Gouverment banned these Jobs from the CSL, or might im not right
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Axe
I reckon they may change the MODL in May. At the moment it is of no consequence because they are only processing CSL applications. When they get near the end of those they may take a look at the MODL.

I don't remember, but doesn't the MODL count at the time of application. So if your application is in, changes to MODL won't affect you?
Hello Axe,

I am just copying pasting one post by eurosyl.

"Currently the department said in its FAQ:
Priority processing
Q10 When will the review of the MODL be undertaken?
The MODL is reviewed roughly twice a year but the Government can announce changes at any time. Currently no changes to the MODL have been advised by DEEWR. A review of the research methodology has commenced and is expected to be completed later in 2009."

Check here: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...on/pdf/faq.pdf

I remember MODL was supposed to be reviewed in the early 2009..I read it here, I guess!! Looks like they made it now to 'Later part of 2009'...

Am I confused..or I read 'early 2009'..?
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by guuuude
If the Trade Jobs not longer needed in Australia, then there is no reason to let them on the Modl.
I mean thats the reason why the Gouverment banned these Jobs from the CSL, or might im not right
If we see in the long term....after few months these professionls will be required again...so it does not seem they will remove it from MODL..they just removed it from CSL....It will be still on MODL..

Also as per DIAC..they gonna change MODL in the later part of 2009..so let's hope by that time..recession will be over and Aus will be looking for all professionls again
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

hk_1 will become famous soon enoughhk_1 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: CSL v MODL

Hi friends,

I see modl as a list that partialy determines your eligibility to apply; that
means points, whereas csl is a new list introduced to regulate the actual
intake of immigrants; that means the total time required from date of
application to visa grant. If anyone feels that my assessment is wrong then
please correct me.

Best of Luck,
Old Mar 18th 2009, 3:00 am
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of

My point is not if MODL will change, but whether a change in MODL will affect people who have already applied. As far as I remember, if you are on the MODL when you apply for your visa you stay, even if they change it.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Axe
My point is not if MODL will change, but whether a change in MODL will affect people who have already applied. As far as I remember, if you are on the MODL when you apply for your visa you stay, even if they change it.
Till now MODL changes has not affected the existing Applicants points...but it can affect very much...it all depends upon DIAC...
Old Mar 18th 2009, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

ROOMI786 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Till now MODL changes has not affected the existing Applicants points...but it can affect very much...it all depends upon DIAC...
If any skills will be removed from the MODL list. Obviously it will effect the application..It will go to the last priority..You can see the latest example that few of the skills has been removed from the CSL..

Only thing which stay is the validity of IELTS/skills assessment result and the Points. Suppose at the time of lodging the application, the required points is 120..if at later stage they change the points, then it will consider the points at the time of lodgement only...!!!!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:56 am
applied August 2008..

Yorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really nice

Guys please calm down..

If tradesmen have been removed from the CSL it does not mean they are not gonna stay on the MODL..

After all if that was the case every single occupation thats not on the CSL would be deemed not needed..

So there would be no MODL list needed..
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

hk_1 will become famous soon enoughhk_1 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: CSL v MODL

I wish it would have been the way you are saying but afraid that
while we submit online visa application its stated at the end that
change in modl points will effect your points, all other point calculation
remains the same after visa submittion, but you know I think modl wont
change dramaticaly whereas csl will be constantly reviewed.

Best,
Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

even if there were a change on MODL in may or dec 2009. it will not be detrimental to your points as long as lodgment is done before your occupation is removed from the list.