Critical Skills List

Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Critical Skills List

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
You can get a second year WHV if you do a 3 month stint working in a rural area, It does not have to be picking fruit either. Two of my friends are carpenters and they worked in Lithgow in the Blue mountains for about 3 months and that got them a second year.
Yeah sorry forgot to say I was aware of that. Will be keeping it in mind along with the Nz WHV option as well, at least that way it gets us out there this year!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 9:48 am
Just Joined

thwee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alan,

Are they going to remove our application after 2 years?(one who does NOT included in any of priority lists)
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:59 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Errr ... where did that thought come from ...?

Best regards.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 11:04 am
Just Joined

no ...just herd from one of my friend in Ausi.

Is it true?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 11:06 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Don't believe rumour and innuendo.

Ask your "friend" where it says this on an official website ...

Best regards.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 11:13 am
Just Joined

ok thanks Alan.

one more question : My IELTS expire on next May. do I need to do it again if I am not allocate a case officer before.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 11:16 am
Migration Agent

I am not here to be your personal adviser, Thwee.

If you would like a proposal as to our fees please send me an email or a PM.

Best regards.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
I am not here to be your personal adviser, Thwee.

If you would like a proposal as to our fees please send me an email or a PM.

Best regards.
I guess the 2 yr worry is referring to the "pool" where you get put if you don't meet the points test. If you don't get assessed cos you don't get to the top of the list then you can't get into the pool so the 2 yrs won't start.

Very frustrating to have paid your money expecting a certain time line only to find its going to be much much longer than you thought though.

The joys of emigrating eh?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

karan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

I apprieciate these new priority lists are enoying some people however, this has not come easy to us either after being taken on in 2003 by an agent who said we would fly through to then be rejected, then both my husband and i quit our jobs retrained in different skills and tradeswhich took 3yrs of hard study and qualifying. We then had a bit of luck and the rules were changed for trades in dec o8 and we were able to re-apply. We then got the agent from hell, now 13mths after re-appling are still here I think we have earned our place in the que. Six years altogether. But I hear good things come to those that wait, and wait, and wait

Karan x
Old Feb 11th 2009, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karan
Hi everyone

I apprieciate these new priority lists are enoying some people however, this has not come easy to us either after being taken on in 2003 by an agent who said we would fly through to then be rejected, then both my husband and i quit our jobs retrained in different skills and tradeswhich took 3yrs of hard study and qualifying. We then had a bit of luck and the rules were changed for trades in dec o8 and we were able to re-apply. We then got the agent from hell, now 13mths after re-appling are still here I think we have earned our place in the que. Six years altogether. But I hear good things come to those that wait, and wait, and wait

Karan x
wish you best of luck
Old Feb 11th 2009, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

karan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mavios
wish you best of luck
Thank you
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

APAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thwee
one more question : My IELTS expire on next May. do I need to do it again if I am not allocate a case officer before.
Thwee: You do not need to do it again. It must be valid WHEN y log your application.

Regards
Aneta